Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Airstream Forums > Airstream Community Forums > Clubs, Organizations & Associations > WBCCI Forum
Click Here to Login
Register Vendors FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search Log in

Old 01-22-2007, 11:14 AM   #1
Always Airstreaming!

2005 22' Safari
1960 24' Tradewind
Anytown , Connecticut
Send a message via AIM to rickandsandi
Airstream Club of America

It perhaps has come time for true Airstream owners to gather together and mourn the loss of the WBCCI. The original foundation that Wally had so elegantly put in place is no longer standing. What was once a forward seeing club with the welfare of its members held in the highest light has befallen to a time of selfeshness and a lost vision of what WBCCI is really about, Airstreams. If each and every member had been given the opportunity to vote on an issue of allowing non-Airstream units into WBCCI, you would not be reading this post and I would hve had no reason to place it.

All great things do come to an end, I just didn't think the demise of WBCCI would happen in my lifetime.
Airstream Life Magazine
Proud Member of WBCCI
WBCCI #3411
AIR #17099
2009 Silverado 2500HD
2004 22' Safari
1960 24' Tradewind
rickandsandi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-22-2007, 11:17 AM   #2
Craftsman

Maybe it's time for real change. Lets start another one.
Old 01-22-2007, 11:20 AM   #3
Rivet Master

Currently Looking...
West of Fort Worth , Texas
It was just a matter of time before we saw this post, the handwriting is on the wall - though I'm sure there will be emotional opinions on both sides of the issue.
Fyrzowt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-22-2007, 11:24 AM   #4

2015 25' FB Flying Cloud
2012 23' FB Flying Cloud
2005 25' Safari
Santa Rosa Beach , Florida
Are you proposing a new Airstream club? Maybe one that allows full membership only to Airstream trailers. Maybe the new club could use its own large green numbers on the trailers.
WBCCI #3628 -- AIR #14872 -- TAC #FL-7
2015 FC 25' FB (Lucy) with ProPride
2020 Silverado 2500 (Vivian)
2023 Rivian R1T (Opal)
moosetags is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-22-2007, 11:24 AM   #5
Always Airstreaming!

2005 22' Safari
1960 24' Tradewind
Anytown , Connecticut
I agree with both sides having something to say and I thought that I would forever be a strong supporter of WBCCI. I am atually ready to run for regional office, but this type of behavoir can not be ignored. I was so happy the day my red numbers arrived in the mail. But an Airstream is an Airstream. It really wasn't that long ago that battle lines were drawn not not allow AISTREAM BUILT NH in the WBCCI. Anyone remember those days? And these were units built by Airstream. The same people who rioted back then are now responsible for this mess.
Airstream Life Magazine
Proud Member of WBCCI
WBCCI #3411
AIR #17099
2009 Silverado 2500HD
2004 22' Safari
1960 24' Tradewind
Old 01-22-2007, 11:29 AM   #6
Craftsman

Pretty soon it's going to be the, "Kinda Sorta Somewhat Looks Like An Airstream Club" oh, forgot " International"
Old 01-22-2007, 11:31 AM   #7
Always Airstreaming!

2005 22' Safari
1960 24' Tradewind
Anytown , Connecticut
Quote:
Originally Posted by moosetags
Are you proposing a new Airstream club? Maybe one that allows full membership only to Airstream trailers. Maybe the new club could use its own large green numbers on the trailers.

Now you got it! Long live Airstreams!
Airstream Life Magazine
Proud Member of WBCCI
WBCCI #3411
AIR #17099
2009 Silverado 2500HD
2004 22' Safari
1960 24' Tradewind
Old 01-22-2007, 12:05 PM   #8
Always Airstreaming!

2005 22' Safari
1960 24' Tradewind
Anytown , Connecticut
Quote:
Originally Posted by 65GT
Seriously? Which slot would you like? Will your unit endorse you? Name the slot and it's yours. Just make sure we knock of somebody that is all for the name change and ready to bring in SOB's.

What's the stance of your current 1st VP? He'd be next up for Region President. If he was for the name change and he's for SOBs you can have that slot -- GUARANTEED!

__
Hey, GT-

Yes, very serious. Already have submitted my name to the nominating committee for Region 1, 2nd VP. I need to get my resume ready for the International Rally. I believe I have my units endorsement. It's time for us working folk to truely be a part of the decision making of WBCCI and get every member a vote!
Airstream Life Magazine
Proud Member of WBCCI
WBCCI #3411
AIR #17099
2009 Silverado 2500HD
2004 22' Safari
1960 24' Tradewind
Old 01-22-2007, 12:08 PM   #9
Rivet Master

1976 31' Sovereign
Currently Looking...
Chandler , Oklahoma
Would you include the Argosy?
juel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-22-2007, 12:11 PM   #10
4 Rivet Member

1965 20' Globetrotter
1956 22' Caravanner
Mendon , Massachusetts
Send a message via AIM to muddy_hollow Send a message via Yahoo to muddy_hollow
Airstream Club

Quote:
Originally Posted by rickandsandi
It perhaps has come time for true Airstream owners to gather together and mourn the loss of the WBCCI. The original foundation that Wally had so elegantly put in place is no longer standing. What was once a forward seeing club with the welfare of its members held in the highest light has befallen to a time of selfeshness and a lost vision of what WBCCI is really about, Airstreams. If each and every member had been given the opportunity to vote on an issue of allowing non-Airstream units into WBCCI, you would not be reading this post and I would hve had no reason to place it.

All great things do come to an end, I just didn't think the demise of WBCCI would happen in my lifetime.

What are the chances that Airstream would charger another club solely for Airstream products. I think to be successful we need to be open to "ANY" airstream product produced and not narrow bands.

?

muddy_hollow is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-22-2007, 12:13 PM   #11
Rivet Master

Currently Looking...
West of Fort Worth , Texas
Quote:
Originally Posted by juel
Would you include the Argosy?
I know that wasn't directed to me, and I don't own an Argosy - BUT they were built by Airstream. Not rebadged.
If I were setting up an Airstream club, they'd be in.
Dave
Fyrzowt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-22-2007, 12:18 PM   #12
Always Airstreaming!

2005 22' Safari
1960 24' Tradewind
Anytown , Connecticut
Quote:
Originally Posted by muddy_hollow
What are the chances that Airstream would charger another club solely for Airstream products. I think to be successful we need to be open to "ANY" airstream product produced and not narrow bands.

?
That would be our biggst problem, getting Airstream to endorse anothe club. To be perfectly honest, I don't think the Thor Board of Directors would ever allow another group on AS owners form a new club. Money speaks and is always heard above and over the masses (that's us AS owners). Back in 1994 when WBCCI finally finished defining what is an Airstream, the conclusion to my understanding was any unit Built by Airstream. Those were the good 'ol days. Airstream Club of America is only a dream, wait, isn't that the dream Wally had? An organization of people who owned Airstreams and wanted to share those experiences together? What a great idea!
Airstream Life Magazine
Proud Member of WBCCI
WBCCI #3411
AIR #17099
2009 Silverado 2500HD
2004 22' Safari
1960 24' Tradewind
Old 01-22-2007, 12:28 PM   #13
Always Airstreaming!

2005 22' Safari
1960 24' Tradewind
Anytown , Connecticut
Quote:
Originally Posted by 65GT
Did you guys happen to miss the whole name change deal?

One of the major issues was having to license the word "A**stream" for use. It looks to me that you're off to a pretty bad start for a new club.

But, if you'd like to start off by being strapped to the table by Thor -- have at it -- good luck -- I'm staying put...

__

GT- As I mentioned on the other thread, how did Thor get so entrenched in WBCCI? No, I'm staying in WBCCI for the long haul, going to get nominated and work like a dog to do well by the Region 1 membership. ACA is a pipe dream that we all wish could happen but never will. We need to purchase a copy of Wally's book for every officer of WBCCI and hope they can be retuned to the original idea of WBCCI.
Airstream Life Magazine
Proud Member of WBCCI
WBCCI #3411
AIR #17099
2009 Silverado 2500HD
2004 22' Safari
1960 24' Tradewind
Old 01-22-2007, 12:30 PM   #14
Certifiable

. , .
Yes, in its present incarnation, the WBCCI is slowly dying. But usually suicide is much quicker. What's being proposed in this thread is the quick solution. What's being pursued by the IBT is the long, drawn out, heavily medicated approach. Neither really has to occur does it?

We as members can reject the Constitutional amendment when it comes up for a vote. We as members we can vote in or out of office anyone we choose. We as members we can unite, organize and vote in one loud, clear voice and be heard.

Personally, I only have one issue right now that I care about. The rebadging issue. Flags and berets? I don't care about at all. The name change? Before my time and it was settled, as far as I know, the same way the rebadging issue will be resolved.

I am disappointed with the IBT. I don't blame Airstream or Thor in the least.
The IBT, IMHO, is prostituting the club, MY club, so they can (1) get a new MoHo and write off the interest and (2) still stay in MY club and play the bigshot.

(Just as an aside; is even the "Airstream Edition" badge itself made by Airstream?)

Yes, if my club goes the way the IBT wants us to, we will retain some members. (Mostly just IBT members.) We will also gain some new members as well. But my club will lose this member for one if it passes and I'm guessing I won't be alone either. If it does pass, I will accept the fact that I was clearly in the minority and go and join Rick's Airstream Club. But before I go, I will let my voice be heard and do whatever I can to help the WBCCI.

Won't you join me?
mistral blue is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-22-2007, 12:36 PM   #15
Rivet Master

1956 22' Safari
2015 27' Flying Cloud
Vintage Kin Owner
Conifer/Evergreen , Colorado
It's NOT over yet!

Quote:
Originally Posted by rickandsandi
If each and every member had been given the opportunity to vote on an issue of allowing non-Airstream units into WBCCI, you would not be reading this post and I would hve had no reason to place it.

The vote that took place at the Winter IBT Meeting is just to put the motion in front of the membership for approval!

If more than 1/3 of the membership reject the motion at the International Rally in June, it will not pass....and will NOT go into effect. Get out & vote through your Unit & Delegates...it's not over until it's over! The fat lady has not begun to sing...she may be warming up though if we don't band together to keep the WBCCI alive.

There are many more trailer owners in the club than motorhomes...we CAN beat this!

Shari
WBCCI #1824 - DenCO Unit Past President (2005)
AIR #30 - Join Date: 2-25-2002

RMVAC | ACI - CO Unit (Formerly WBCCI) | BIRDY - our 1956 Safari | 1964 Serro Scotty
InsideOut is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-22-2007, 12:38 PM   #16
Always Airstreaming!

2005 22' Safari
1960 24' Tradewind
Anytown , Connecticut
Quote:
Originally Posted by mistral blue
We as members can reject the Constitutional amendment when it comes up for a vote. We as members we can vote in or out of office anyone we choose. We as members we can unite, organize and vote in one loud, clear voice and be heard.

Yes, if my club goes the way the IBT wants us to, we will retain some members. (Mostly just IBT members.) We will also gain some new members as well. But my club will lose this member for one if it passes and I'm guessing I won't be alone either. If it does pass, I will accept the fact that I was clearly in the minority and go and join Rick's Airstream Club. But before I go, I will let my voice be heard and do whatever I can to help the WBCCI. Won't you join me?
Don- Too bad you and I don't get to vote! Yes, it would be cool to have a real AS club but the powers who control the name would never allow it but it is fun thinking about it. As mentioned here and the other thread the best we can do is to get individuals with the right mind set in office. Every unit should be working on its regional officers and deligates. How did Lincoln become President of the United States? He made sure that anyone who would vote for him voted! Lets start from the bottom and get up there to where real work can be done.
Airstream Life Magazine
Proud Member of WBCCI
WBCCI #3411
AIR #17099
2009 Silverado 2500HD
2004 22' Safari
1960 24' Tradewind
Old 01-22-2007, 12:45 PM   #17
Certifiable

. , .
Oh, I'll be voting Rick!
What should really happen is that for this amendment to the Constitution to PASS it should be approved by 2/3 majority. How did the membership in the first place let THAT one go?!? It's exactly upside down!

See post #17 above
Old 01-22-2007, 12:49 PM   #18
Rivet Master

1956 22' Safari
2015 27' Flying Cloud
Vintage Kin Owner
Just say NO!

Quote:
Originally Posted by mistral blue
Oh, I'll be voting Rick!
What should really happen is that for this amendment to the Constitution to PASS it should be approved by 2/3 majority. How did the membership in the first place let THAT one go?!? It's exactly upside down!

See post #17 above
I don't think so...

66+% MUST VOTE YES for it to pass

Less than that and it remains staus quo. It MUST pass by 2/3's of the membership.

Shari

RMVAC | ACI - CO Unit (Formerly WBCCI) | BIRDY - our 1956 Safari | 1964 Serro Scotty
Old 01-22-2007, 12:52 PM   #19
Certifiable

. , .
I see you edited #17 Shari. Thank you for clarifying.
Old 01-22-2007, 12:53 PM   #20
Rivet Master

1956 22' Safari
2015 27' Flying Cloud
Vintage Kin Owner
The point is the same...the tense was changed, sorry for the confusion.

Shari