Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Airstream Forums > Airstream Community Forums > Clubs, Organizations & Associations > WBCCI Forum
Click Here to Login
Register Vendors FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search Log in

Old 01-25-2007, 08:33 AM   #81
Always Airstreaming!

2005 22' Safari
1960 24' Tradewind
Anytown , Connecticut
Send a message via AIM to rickandsandi
Quote:
Originally Posted by mistral blue
Who's got the crystal ball?

When this proposed amendment to our Constitution gets defeated. And, yes, it is going to go down in flames. What's next? What is the IBT going to do then? Are they going to pack their berets and leave?

More importantly, what are WE going to do? Are there impeachment procedures in place? Censure? Is the IBT the only body that can make proposals to amend our Constitution? Should we maybe even start thinking about changing our form of government? (President, House, Senate, Judiciary)

Sorry about all the questions. The more I think about things the more I realize I don't know very much. I could have gone on but I figured I'd stop at ten questions for tonight. Thanks.

Don-

Go the the WBCII website where you can down-load the complete WBCCI Blue Book. Once you have gone through that it may answer some of your quetions or perhaps create more.
Airstream Life Magazine
Proud Member of WBCCI
WBCCI #3411
AIR #17099
2009 Silverado 2500HD
2004 22' Safari
1960 24' Tradewind
rickandsandi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-25-2007, 11:26 AM   #82
Rivet Master

Southwestern , Ohio
Thumbs up Blue Book on the web site

Rick&Sandi

Quote:
Go the the WBCII website where you can down-load the complete WBCCI Blue Book. Once you have gone through that it may answer some of your questions or perhaps create more.
Actually, making the Blue Book available to just anybody on the web site is one of WBCCIs recent improvements.

Back when we joined, members were not vouchsafed a copy. You had to go ask unit officer. I suppose the theory was something like the village priest reading the Bible to his flock, laymen being incapable of understanding it. . .

Progress is sometimes slow, but it's coming. . .

See you down the road,
Nuvi
Nuvite-F is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-25-2007, 01:43 PM   #83
1 Rivet Member

1968 24' Tradewind
1987 34' Excella
Pierre , South Dakota
WBCCI Constitution

Yes, it's am improvment to have the contents of the Blue Book on the WBCCI web site, but I'm not sure how much a secret it really was.

I've been a WBCCI member since 2002. Part of the Blue Book is the Constitution, and the other part are the bylaws. Since I've been a member, the WBCCI Consititution has been in front of the annual directory and not quite a secret. I'm not sure why the bylaws aren't printed as well.
Old 01-25-2007, 01:56 PM   #84
Rivet Master

Southwestern , Ohio
Skipper,

Yeah, the constitution has been in the front of the directory for some time. I suppose they didn't want to put the Blue Book in there because it would take up a lot of space and changes more frequently. (As I recall there are about 12 pages just on flags).

Hey, is a Dakota Skipper anything like an Alberta Clipper?

Best,
Nuvi
Nuvite-F is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-25-2007, 08:11 PM   #85
4 Rivet Member

Central Florida , Florida
The next person in line to the king's throne is called the "heir apparent".

Could the sucessor to the WBCCI be the "Air Apparent Club" ????

Just kidding !!!!
Air Apparent is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-11-2007, 08:40 AM   #86
3 Rivet Member

1976 26' Argosy 26
glen ellyn , Illinois
Send a message via MSN to lilmouse Send a message via Yahoo to lilmouse
Hi all,
I have been browsing through this forum, reading some threads. I came to this forum for the same reason as I did almost 10 years ago- to find like minded individuals who enjoy the rving lifestyle, no matter at what capacity. To make new friends or aquaintences. Find new resources of information and such.
Now my love of rving came from my grandparents. When I was 2, and all their kids were pretty much grown up and out of the house, a door to door salesman had told them of a new resort campground opening up about 1 1/2 hrs west of Chicago. My grandparents took me on the weekends, they started with a tent. Upgraded as years went on. Pop-ups, travel trailers then a park model. When I was 20, I had a dream of buying my own property at the same resort. I did achieve it when I was 23. Bought new car, property, fell in love. my parents understood my dreams, bought me a used Argosy. What a dream come true and more!
I wondered what the heck an Airstream was. I was a proud owner of a Chevy. Knew of that company. After browsing the internet, got some of my answer. My trailer needed (and still needs TLC w/ lots of) repairs. I was undser the impression other Airstream owners could point me in the right direction whenever I needed guidance.
Maybe I am different. My trailer stays at a resort property. Now that I'm married, with a 5 year old, & not a lot of extra income to do much with, we moved back in with our parents. The campground is a place for us to go for a break from our day-to-day lives. WBBCI membership doesn't seem a good choice at this time in my family. Belonging to "something" that brings people together makes ownership of a vehicle or trailer a lot more fun.
Can someone direct me to where I CAN find a fun place online to go visit? If Argosy's are like a blacksheep of the Airstream family, what other options are out there? (My observation from 10 yrs ago as a new owner). If the title of the Argosy says the make is Airstream, does that have any meaning? That's what the title said when I got it from the secretary of state in Illinois.
I love the Argosy for what it represents to us. On the campground, we try new activities we would have never done at home. Our daughter can run free on our lot without any fences to keep her in. It's our first home, I never want to part with it.
I do apologize for such a long winded post. I did get the feeling that the people writing here were the sort who wish to make even more Airstream or SOB owners feel welcome. Thanks for reading, and thanks in advance for any responses. -Christina aka Lilmouse
Old 02-11-2007, 11:00 AM   #87
4 Rivet Member

Central Florida , Florida
Christina:

Welcome to the forum. An Argosy is an Airstream. In addition to this forum and the WBCCI forum, you may want to look at the RV.net forum which is a broad RV group (Good Sams) and covers many topics related to RVing.

Air Apparent
Air Apparent is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-11-2007, 11:09 AM   #88
Rivet Master

1995 30' Limited
Ashland , Missouri
Christina, never fear, your Argosy IS an Airstream and one with lots of presence on this forum. I covet having a small one some day, a little "sister" to our 30' Gypsy. Use the search feature found at the top of this page in the menu bar, looking up Argosy, and read all you can about them. Go to the Vintage Airstream site and look up the model archives, including Argosy. You'll learn even more and see how included they are in the Airstream family. Enjoy the other sites as noted above, but stay with this one too. You'll find so much to enjoy, learn, and treasure about Airstreams and their owners ~G
Chev Silverado 2500HD Duramax/Allison, 4X4, Crew Cab
WBCCI #5013 AIR #2908
WDCU
Go, Mizzou...Tigers on the prowl!
maxandgeorgia is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-11-2007, 11:22 AM   #89
Tramp Streamer
Commercial Member

1995 28' Excella
Artist , at Large
Hi Christina!
Welcome. You will find many Argosy owners here. enjoy your second childhood!

Michael
ArtStream is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-11-2007, 11:27 AM   #90
3 Rivet Member

1976 26' Argosy 26
glen ellyn , Illinois
Air Apparent: would love to meet you one day, maybe check out your airstream. Glen Ellyn isn't that far away from where you are at.

I've found the Argosy area. Thank you. Looks like my husband and I need to make a list of repairs we'd like to do. Prioritize them, and such.
I find the pictures of all of the trailers in this forum facinating. The first week we had our Argosy, hubby and I drove all around the campground park looking for others. We managed to find about a dozen, took pictures, tried to see what others have done with thier trailers. Unfortunatly, the campground has over 600 lots. Lots of people buy lots and forget to come back.
I have gotten the idea that we would like to modernize or bring our interior up to date to accomodate our family.
Thank you for the encouragement. I'm making it a point to become a frequent visitor here.
...off to find more great threads to read! :hugs:
The only reason I came back to joining the forum- The VAP podcast gave me the itch to get back to my love of resort camping.
It's been a long cold winter in Chicago!
Old 02-11-2007, 11:34 AM   #91
Site Team

1964 26' Overlander
1964 19' Globetrotter
OlyPen , Washington
Quote:
Originally Posted by lilmouse
........Can someone direct me to where I CAN find a fun place online to go visit? If Argosy's are like a blacksheep of the Airstream family, what other options are out there? (My observation from 10 yrs ago as a new owner). If the title of the Argosy says the make is Airstream, does that have any meaning? That's what the title said when I got it from the secretary of state in Illinois. -Christina aka Lil mouse
Not to worry! You have found the place!

Argosy owners are not discriminated* against here! In fact, if you look around you will find several posts about painting nude airstreams to avoid polishing. Argosy's are cool and I figure we have more time to camp - no polishing!

* Let me know if you have trouble - I have a brother named Guido and some good connections.

AirForums Custom Search
Janet H is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-11-2007, 12:16 PM   #92
Rivet Master

2007 23' International CCD
Lapeer , Michigan
Hey Lil Mouse check out the Metro Detroit Forums rallies. The "louapaloozas", (this year we will be planning the 3rd annual) were started by Lou Patterson, (pattersontoo) a very proud Argosy owner! We had quite a few Argosies there together along with the unpainted ones in attendance as well, even motorhomes and a buddy fifth wheel.

We will be getting together on the 24th for a basement rally at Lou's, complete with lawn chairs and a fire, to plan this year's event. You are not far from us here in Michigan so come on over for the rally! We would love to see you there. Stay tuned to the Metro Detroit rally threads for updates.

And PM Steve (sfixx) from Ohio. I believe he was also getting argosies together for a rally at one time. There is Lou(ise) and Larry (loudruff) in Ohio. Annie and Marvin (happycampers) from Ontario are working on their second Argosy restoration. All great people and not too far from you to get together and regulars at the forums rally.

Yup you have come to the right place as Janet said!

photography
wheel interested is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-11-2007, 11:19 PM   #93
3 Rivet Member

1976 26' Argosy 26
glen ellyn , Illinois
(lilmouse whispers: thank you for the rally invites. my beloved man has put down his foot today and said there will be no moving of the argosy off our lot. he built a very small deck off the side where the front door is. claims that if we were to hitch up trailer to the Jimmy truck, the trailer would need new brakes, tires, etc. jeff is internet-illiterate, so I gotta persue my interests one small step at a time. joining the forum was a good start. showed him some pictures from the photos page here. got somekind of spark started!)
I'll be checking back in this thread often, as well as the Argosy ones. I think I would like to find some Illinois WBCCI people. I have seen the trailers gather in a field at a 4-H club in Amboy. This small town is on our way to the campground where our trailer is. Maybe they are friendly folks who wouldn't mind if we pop in for a quick visit.

I hope that the people who orginally established this conversation at the beginning of this thread can come to some sort of middle ground. I may be what could be considered a future WBCCI/or other Airstream related club member. I'll be watching to find out what the outcome of the topic of this thread goes. I wonder what the future brings.
Old 04-06-2007, 08:31 AM   #94
Rivet Master

2006 30' Classic
Farmington , New Mexico
rickandsandi---This attidude of Don and others like him is the exact reason we dropped out of the club after the first year. He's basicly saying that it's the older generations club and a new ,younger members shouldn't meddle in their decisions.------pieman
Mike Lewis is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-06-2007, 08:36 AM   #95
4 Rivet Member

1965 20' Globetrotter
1956 22' Caravanner
Mendon , Massachusetts
Send a message via AIM to muddy_hollow Send a message via Yahoo to muddy_hollow
Name

Shouldn't the name of the proposed new club be

Airstream Club International?

special interest sub-club

Vintage Airstream Club International

Airstream Motorhome Club International

Airstream Caravan Club International

muddy_hollow is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-06-2007, 09:26 AM   #96
4 Rivet Member

2000 31' Land Yacht
How about "Wally Byam Travel Club" for the name. We would honor the founder of Airstream without running into Thor on the name. Since WBCCI will shortly be out of business, Using Wally's name shouldn't be a problem.
jimmickle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-06-2007, 09:32 AM   #97
Rivet Master

NOVA SCOTIA , CANADA
Quote:
Originally Posted by jimmickle
How about "Wally Byam Travel Club" for the name. We would honor the founder of Airstream without running into Thor on the name. Since WBCCI will shortly be out of business, Using Wally's name shouldn't be a problem.
I like it and you make a good point.

AIR #7916
Ex WBCCI #32083
streamer23 is offline   Reply With Quote