Old 01-24-2007, 10:19 PM   #71
Rivet Master

2000 25' Safari
West of Fort Worth , Texas
Quote:
I'm somewhat disturbed by some posts that would seem to limit the club to trailers only, and the point of my post was to encourage us to be inclusive of our current AS motorhome or Argosy owners, without making them feel that they are of less worth. No, I'm not happy about the rebadge deal.
FWIW,

In reading through all of these, I do think that the focus has been on trailers. But I also have a hunch that the negative references to MOHOs, is to those that would be rebadged. Airstream MOHOs and Argosys are already in - as they should be. They are a true A/S product.
Some of this is probably just an oversight.
Dave

Old 01-24-2007, 10:32 PM   #72
Certifiable

. , .
Anything Airstream -- in.

Anything not -- out.

"Airstream Editions" are not Airstreams.

Therefore, Airstream Editions -- out!

Old 01-24-2007, 10:39 PM   #73
Rivet Master

2000 25' Safari
West of Fort Worth , Texas
Quote:
Originally Posted by mistral blue
Anything Airstream -- in.

Anything not -- out.

"Airstream Editions" are not Airstreams.

Therefore, Airstream Editions -- out!
I think that's what I said - That's certainly what I meant.
Old 01-24-2007, 10:52 PM   #74
Certifiable

. , .
Fyrzowt's wingman

Just trying to reaffirm. Didn't want to leave you alone.
I know that's what you meant.
Old 01-24-2007, 10:53 PM   #75
Rivet Master

1959 26' Overlander
Putnam , Connecticut
Ten years ago when new airstream owners felt that WBCCI was not for them as a result of their personal experience at a particular event or series of events they just went away. There was no place else to go. You see WBCCI has had a monopoly. That has changed with the forum. Now they can find each other and discover they share an interest. There is an alternative to "go away and get a coleman pop up if you want to change something" attitude recently attributed to Mr. Franklin. This is what has changed, exposure, access, a community outisde the leaderships procedural controll. I would encourage all members of this community to email and write Airstream, Inc, IBT members, Regional Officers and brief them on your position.
Old 01-24-2007, 10:59 PM   #76
Rivet Master

1979 23' Safari
1954 29' Liner
Orange , California
Quote:
Originally Posted by Over59
Ten years ago when new airstream owners felt that WBCCI was not for them as a result of their personal experience at a particular event or series of events they just went away. There was no place else to go. You see WBCCI has had a monopoly. That has changed with the forum. Now they can find each other and discover they share an interest. There is an alternative to "go away and get a coleman pop up if you want to change something" attitude recently attributed to Mr. Franklin. This is what has changed, exposure, access, a community outisde the leaderships procedural controll. I would encourage all members of this community to email and write Airstream, Inc, IBT members, Regional Officers and brief them on your position.
I agree, letter to Wade Thompson in the mail and working on letters to Jim Emlinger, Jim Franklin and Don Shafer.

Bill
Bill Kerfoot, WBCCI/VAC/CAC/El Camino Real Unit #5223
Just my personal opinion
1973 Dodge W200 PowerWagon, 1977 Lincoln Continental, 2014 Dodge Durango
1979 23' Safari, and 1954 29' Double Door Liner Orange, CA

http://billbethsblog.blogspot.com/
wkerfoot is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-24-2007, 11:05 PM   #77
Certifiable

. , .
Would you mind sharing a copy with the forum? I know I'd be interested in reading what your sending. Thanks.
Old 01-24-2007, 11:08 PM   #78
Rivet Master

1979 23' Safari
1954 29' Liner
Orange , California
Quote:
Would you mind sharing a copy with the forum? I know I'd be interested in reading what your sending. Thanks.
Basically that I disagree with this motion and asking questions about the research which went into the motion. I will wait for a response before deciding to post either my letter or any reply.

Bill
Bill Kerfoot, WBCCI/VAC/CAC/El Camino Real Unit #5223
Just my personal opinion
1973 Dodge W200 PowerWagon, 1977 Lincoln Continental, 2014 Dodge Durango
1979 23' Safari, and 1954 29' Double Door Liner Orange, CA

http://billbethsblog.blogspot.com/
wkerfoot is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-24-2007, 11:44 PM   #79
Certifiable

. , .
What will they think of next?

Who's got the crystal ball?

When this proposed amendment to our Constitution gets defeated. And, yes, it is going to go down in flames. What's next? What is the IBT going to do then? Are they going to pack their berets and leave?

More importantly, what are WE going to do? Are there impeachment procedures in place? Censure? Is the IBT the only body that can make proposals to amend our Constitution? Should we maybe even start thinking about changing our form of government? (President, House, Senate, Judiciary)

Sorry about all the questions. The more I think about things the more I realize I don't know very much. I could have gone on but I figured I'd stop at ten questions for tonight. Thanks.
Old 01-25-2007, 09:02 AM   #80
Rivet Master

1995 30' Limited
Ashland , Missouri
". . .By the way darling (God I hope I'm corresponding with Georgia) . . ." We don't have to tell Max if you don't want to... "

Choke, gasp! Thank God, in the middle of all this stuff, we can laugh! Yes, it's ~Georgia
Chev Silverado 2500HD Duramax/Allison, 4X4, Crew Cab
WBCCI #5013 AIR #2908
WDCU
Go, Mizzou...Tigers on the prowl!
maxandgeorgia is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-25-2007, 09:33 AM   #81
Always Airstreaming!

2005 22' Safari
1960 24' Tradewind
Anytown , Connecticut
Send a message via AIM to rickandsandi
Quote:
Who's got the crystal ball?

When this proposed amendment to our Constitution gets defeated. And, yes, it is going to go down in flames. What's next? What is the IBT going to do then? Are they going to pack their berets and leave?

More importantly, what are WE going to do? Are there impeachment procedures in place? Censure? Is the IBT the only body that can make proposals to amend our Constitution? Should we maybe even start thinking about changing our form of government? (President, House, Senate, Judiciary)

Sorry about all the questions. The more I think about things the more I realize I don't know very much. I could have gone on but I figured I'd stop at ten questions for tonight. Thanks.

Don-

Go the the WBCII website where you can down-load the complete WBCCI Blue Book. Once you have gone through that it may answer some of your quetions or perhaps create more.
Airstream Life Magazine
Proud Member of WBCCI
WBCCI #3411
AIR #17099
2009 Silverado 2500HD
2004 22' Safari
1960 24' Tradewind
rickandsandi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-25-2007, 12:26 PM   #82
Rivet Master

Southwestern , Ohio
Thumbs up Blue Book on the web site

Rick&Sandi

Quote:
Go the the WBCII website where you can down-load the complete WBCCI Blue Book. Once you have gone through that it may answer some of your questions or perhaps create more.
Actually, making the Blue Book available to just anybody on the web site is one of WBCCIs recent improvements.

Back when we joined, members were not vouchsafed a copy. You had to go ask unit officer. I suppose the theory was something like the village priest reading the Bible to his flock, laymen being incapable of understanding it. . .

Progress is sometimes slow, but it's coming. . .

See you down the road,
Nuvi
Old 01-25-2007, 02:43 PM   #83
1 Rivet Member

1968 24' Tradewind
1987 34' Excella
Pierre , South Dakota
WBCCI Constitution

Yes, it's am improvment to have the contents of the Blue Book on the WBCCI web site, but I'm not sure how much a secret it really was.

I've been a WBCCI member since 2002. Part of the Blue Book is the Constitution, and the other part are the bylaws. Since I've been a member, the WBCCI Consititution has been in front of the annual directory and not quite a secret. I'm not sure why the bylaws aren't printed as well.
Old 01-25-2007, 02:56 PM   #84
Rivet Master

Southwestern , Ohio
Skipper,

Yeah, the constitution has been in the front of the directory for some time. I suppose they didn't want to put the Blue Book in there because it would take up a lot of space and changes more frequently. (As I recall there are about 12 pages just on flags).

Hey, is a Dakota Skipper anything like an Alberta Clipper?

Best,
Nuvi