Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Airstream Forums > Airstream Community Forums > Clubs, Organizations & Associations > WBCCI Forum
Click Here to Login
Register Vendors FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search Log in

Old 01-22-2007, 10:59 PM   #41
Rivet Master

2017 27' Flying Cloud
2016 Interstate Grand Tour Ext
Altoona , Florida
My previous rv was a Argosy 28 and on the entry door was a decal that had
TTT - Travel Trailer Trash. I have no idea of the orgin of the name but think it has a nice ring to it.

A good club is one that concentrates on the people and just having a good time. I sure agree with AlanSD. The forum provides everything I want out of a club. I see no reason to be too selective or restrictive on the association with an Airstream product. I was pleased that we didn't hang the SOB Saturday night at Top Sail.

I would like to read a post that provides information on the history or birth of the fourm. The who and how it came to be. Credit is due
Poprivet is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-23-2007, 06:08 AM   #42
4 Rivet Member

1969 31' Sovereign
1951 21' Flying Cloud
Alex , Oklahoma
WBCCI number

I know this is a little off the subject. We just bought a 1969 31' Sovereign. It has had two sets of WBCCI numbers. Is there a way to research and see who the previous owners were by these numbers?

CJ
Alex Oklahoma
1969 31' Sovereign
CJ of Okla is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-23-2007, 06:09 AM   #43
Rivet Master

NOVA SCOTIA , CANADA
Quote:
Originally Posted by CJ of Okla
I know this is a little off the subject. We just bought a 1969 31' Sovereign. It has had two sets of WBCCI numbers. Is there a way to research and see who the previous owners were by these numbers?

CJ
Alex Oklahoma
1969 31' Sovereign

PM (private message)me the numbers and I'll see what I can do to help.

AIR #7916
Ex WBCCI #32083
streamer23 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-23-2007, 09:23 AM   #44

2015 25' FB Flying Cloud
2012 23' FB Flying Cloud
2005 25' Safari
Santa Rosa Beach , Florida
The Real Airstream Club

I have been reading this string with great interest and have become somewhat irate over the arrogance of the WBCCI leadership and its leanings toward an "Airstream" SOB moho. I have even chimed in with my disapproval. Then I had an epiphany. We already have the "Airstream Club of America"; it is found in these Forums. The Forums Rallys are great. I guess that's why some of the WBCCI unit rallys are going to a Forums format, as in the upcoming Texas Vintage Rally. These Forums are also infinitely more effective at passing on information than the Blue Beret.

I think that I will remain a member of WBCCI out of respect for Wally and the Airstream concept, but I will be active in the Forums, the real Airstream Club.
WBCCI #3628 -- AIR #14872 -- TAC #FL-7
2015 FC 25' FB (Lucy) with ProPride
2020 Silverado 2500 (Vivian)
2023 Rivian R1T (Opal)
moosetags is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-23-2007, 09:49 AM   #45
Rivet Master

1966 26' Overlander
Woodstock , Georgia
Quote:
Originally Posted by mistral blue
... and turn your back on the WBCCI? Why can't we have the best of both worlds? I think forum rallys are great! But I have also had a great time at a couple of WBCCI rallys. I can't wait to get my baby back from the shop and hit the road with my fellow Airstreamers.
well not to get too deep into it, but the WBCCI in my area is a waste of time for us with kids and dogs and a youthful outlook. History? I excitedly joined when I got my Airstream 5 years ago, and was totally disappointed and hurt by the way the club here worked. I will never join again.
Maybe Tin Can Tourists, FMCA, or simply stick with our fun loving Forums rallies.
AIR #005
Please visit our blogs and web pages:
OUR AIRSTREAM PASSION! BLOG
RESTORING AN AIRSTREAM
retired!
ALANSD is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-23-2007, 01:23 PM   #46
Certifiable

. , .
[quote=ALANSD]
Quote:
Originally Posted by mistral blue
... and turn your back on the WBCCI? Why can't we have the best of both worlds? I think forum rallys are great! But I have also had a great time at a couple of WBCCI rallys. I can't wait to get my baby back from the shop and hit the road with my fellow Airstreamers.
quote]

well not to get too deep into it, but the WBCCI in my area is a waste of time for us with kids and dogs and a youthful outlook. History? I excitedly joined when I got my Airstream 5 years ago, and was totally disappointed and hurt by the way the club here worked. I will never join again.
Maybe Tin Can Tourists, FMCA, or simply stick with our fun loving Forums rallies.
I can certainly respect and understand your position. It's really unfortunate you had to endure whatever it was that disappointed and hurt you so. My experiences, on the other hand, have been extremely positive. Karma to ya just for puttin' up with the BS. SYDTR
mistral blue is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-23-2007, 01:29 PM   #47
Always Airstreaming!

2005 22' Safari
1960 24' Tradewind
Anytown , Connecticut
Send a message via AIM to rickandsandi
Quote:
Originally Posted by ALANSD
Alan- Sorry to hear about your problems. For us members in the New England Unit, such problems never occur. Kids, dogs, birds, cats and turtles are all welcome at all of our rallies. In fact it is incouraged! Perhaps you can have a few of your other AS friends join up with you and you can slowly make the unit more enjoyable for everyone. I am sure you are not the only AS owner who feels the same.
Airstream Life Magazine
Proud Member of WBCCI
WBCCI #3411
AIR #17099
2009 Silverado 2500HD
2004 22' Safari
1960 24' Tradewind
rickandsandi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-23-2007, 02:14 PM   #48

2004 30' Classic Slideout
Fenton , Missouri
Send a message via AIM to jcanavera Send a message via Skype™ to jcanavera
Quote:
Originally Posted by Denis4x4
That is beside the point. If the sales/PR department are monitering these threads, I know damn good and well that they would be responsive and open to ideas that put an AS organization in a positive light.
Dennis Pierce
A someday member of the FCU
Dennis you bring up an interesting point. While the Forums is not a WBCCI, it is a force in the Airstream world. The question is how Airstream corporate sees us.

I know however on the dealer side of the world, some dealers have begun to recognize the Forums and the visibility it brings to their efforts. While the WBCCI side is declining, the Forums side brings about a growing market of new buyers and business potential that some dealers understand. This makes us a group to recognize and support.

For those of you planning Forum Rallys, don't forget to include your local dealership in your plans. They may be able to provide some support to your endeavors.

I saw some of that last year at Moraine View and I expect greater participation this year.

Jack
AIR #56 S/OS#15
'04 Classic 30' S.O.,'03 GMC Savana 2500
jcanavera is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-23-2007, 02:20 PM   #49
Always Airstreaming!

2005 22' Safari
1960 24' Tradewind
Anytown , Connecticut
Greetings Jack-

Well put; for any Forums Rally each group should really try to include local AS dealers, I really like that idea! We here in the forum are all AS lovers and look out for eachother and have fun. Lets show Thor who Airstream really is, the owners of the trailers! Heck, we (meaning us folks here) own more AS history than corporate. We have more loyalty and dedication right here! To bad WBCCI doesn't see it! Imagine if they were to get their act together and show all of us where there concerns really are how many of the Non-WBCCI forum members do you think would join WBCCI? A whole bunch I bet.
Airstream Life Magazine
Proud Member of WBCCI
WBCCI #3411
AIR #17099
2009 Silverado 2500HD
2004 22' Safari
1960 24' Tradewind
Old 01-23-2007, 02:54 PM   #50
Rivet Master

2017 27' Flying Cloud
2016 Interstate Grand Tour Ext
Altoona , Florida
Easy boys - gotta keep thing simple -
Poprivet is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-23-2007, 03:52 PM   #51

2004 30' Classic Slideout
Fenton , Missouri
Send a message via AIM to jcanavera Send a message via Skype™ to jcanavera
Quote:
Originally Posted by David Alan
Easy boys - gotta keep thing simple -
Oh we will. It's nice though to have give aways, attendance prizes and other goodies that a willing dealer is able to pass on to us. Some of our opening videos on Friday night at Moraine View last year were supplied by our local dealership. They also supplied 75th anniversary lapel pins. Still simple, still fun, still around the campfire.

Who knows what this year will bring???

Jack
AIR #56 S/OS#15
'04 Classic 30' S.O.,'03 GMC Savana 2500
jcanavera is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-23-2007, 08:25 PM   #52
_

. , .
freebies from dealers with no strings attached IS GOOD!

so, lets not for get those fantasic coffee mugs supplied by 'airstream of arkansas' last year..

i've since been to other forum rallies and seen folks pop out of their trailers and mohos...

sipping from the cups received. pretty cool.

i was just given another case to distribute this year at forum rallies...

too late for topsail but where will they go next?

as for a 'prince' like symbol we have one...

the 'air' oval

club name...

while i'm pro american, i also pro people, pets and planets...

and we've got members here and rally go'er from NORTH america and world wide...

we may have members here from outerspace!

so how about the w.w.w.w.a.w.

'wallys wonderful world wide air web'

or 'wally's air heads' or 'rivet nation' or silver galaxy or ....

cheers
2air'

we are here on earth to fart around. don't let anybody tell you any different. k.v.
2airishuman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-23-2007, 08:31 PM   #53
4 Rivet Member

2006 19' Safari
Suisun City , California
Casinni

Heh, send them to the group gathering for the Cassini Ranch rally.

Jerry and Avis
2006 Safari Bambi 19'
2005 Toyota Tacoma PU

"Mi Casa Es Su Casa!"
WBCCI #6716
AIR #17388
Roscinante is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-23-2007, 08:40 PM   #54
_

. , .
Quote:
Originally Posted by Roscinante
Heh, send them to the group gathering for the Cassini Ranch rally.
hi jerry,

i don't send.....

i deliver!

and would love to come to that rally too but can't make it this year...

with so many cali dealers surely you folks can drum up some freebies...

but the folks at dead horse may get some

as i'm planning to be very very close by

cheers
2air'

we are here on earth to fart around. don't let anybody tell you any different. k.v.
2airishuman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-23-2007, 08:51 PM   #55
Rivet Master

1959 26' Overlander
Putnam , Connecticut
Quote:
Originally Posted by cooperhawk
Go for it. The motorhome owners won't miss you a bit.
Boy, does this say it all. What more do you need to hear?

Join WACCI, be a charter member.

I do like rivet nation.
PS. WACCI is open to Avion owners as well. Airstream is state of mind in a particular shape.
Over59 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-24-2007, 09:04 AM   #56
Always Airstreaming!

2005 22' Safari
1960 24' Tradewind
Anytown , Connecticut
What....is that Wally crying? I wonder why?
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	WALLY.jpg
Views:	149
Size:	48.0 KB
ID:	31250  
Airstream Life Magazine
Proud Member of WBCCI
WBCCI #3411
AIR #17099
2009 Silverado 2500HD
2004 22' Safari
1960 24' Tradewind
Old 01-24-2007, 09:27 AM   #57
Rivet Master

1995 30' Limited
Ashland , Missouri
Let's stay as inclusive as we possibly can. That is the essential worth about this forum and its rallies that we want to see in WBCCI. The artificial badging: if it must be, then grandfathered to that single generational owner. Everyone within the AS tradition, trailers, Argosies, classic and square motorhomes proudly wearing the Airstream emblem, ya'll come; we are all kin. The Can Opener with its diversity of units was proof that we all belong together. Our Airstream origins are basic; our variations keep us exciting. ~G
Chev Silverado 2500HD Duramax/Allison, 4X4, Crew Cab
WBCCI #5013 AIR #2908
WDCU
Go, Mizzou...Tigers on the prowl!
maxandgeorgia is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-24-2007, 09:36 AM   #58
Rivet Master

1977 Argosy Minuet 6.0 Metre
Colorado Springs , Colorado
I would think that if you are currently a member of WBCCI then the best would be to stay and vote your mind. If in the end the WBCCI cannot be returned to its orgins then we have what we need right here.

I would like to join WBCCI but am reluctant due to the current state of affairs. The Colorado WBCCI that I have met are wonderful! WBCCI and VAC included. I tend to see them as one happy group.

Happy to have AIR available and happy to be welcome here.
'77' Minuet 6 Metre, behind a 2005 stock Jeep Rubicon with Equa-L-Zer hitch.
Royce is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-24-2007, 09:38 AM   #59
Rivet Master

1959 26' Overlander
Putnam , Connecticut
Quote:
Originally Posted by maxandgeorgia
Let's stay as inclusive as we possibly can. That is the essential worth about this forum and its rallies that we want to see in WBCCI. The artificial badging: if it must be, then grandfathered to that single generational owner. Everyone within the AS tradition, trailers, Argosies, classic and square motorhomes proudly wearing the Airstream emblem, ya'll come; we are all kin. The Can Opener with its diversity of units was proof that we all belong together. Our Airstream origins are basic; our variations keep us exciting. ~G
So you would be OK with all Thor products being rebadgible to airstream and being WBCCI members. I will not stop with "one generational owner" and continue to suck the energy await from building a strong new style WBCCI. It needs to be changed, not improved, changed. There will be a hugh division in the membership over this MH issue. One caused by a small group of self serving leaders.

Sea of Silver
Over59 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-24-2007, 10:00 AM   #60
4 Rivet Member

Change

I've just read this thread for the first time. When we first got our Airstream and it was in for repair I inquired about the Wally club and they said that I was to young and its not my style, that's why I like the Forum rallies there a hoot. After hearing about the many complaints and decline of a Historic Club I ask why? Moosetags, AlanSD, RickandSandi and Jcanera all bring up great ideas you guys are connected then why is it so hard to make change, unless the blinders are on I don't get it. Doesn't the majority rule. Or is there no growth to support change? The Forums is a growing association that has to be acknowleged. The only constant in life is change.
Excella3287 is offline   Reply With Quote