Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Airstream Forums > Airstream Community Forums > Clubs, Organizations & Associations > WBCCI Forum
Click Here to Login
Register Vendors FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search Log in

Old 05-31-2008, 12:48 PM   #1
Rivet Master

Airstream - Other
2016 Interstate Grand Tour Ext
Bosque Farms , New Mexico
active WBCCI unit in Ohio?

Folks, is there a non-moribund unit in Ohio or close by? I've got a little line on some new AS owners from that area, and I was going to let them know about local units in their area. But only if local units are active. (I tried over Memorial Day to get some other new members -- but the only local unit for them was one whose activities seem to consist entirely of monthly meetings at the local seniors center.)

Lynn
Old 05-31-2008, 02:00 PM   #2
Rivet Master

Airstream - Other
Ok, good deal! I'll PM the folks with the new AS about it ...

Lynn
Old 05-31-2008, 03:41 PM   #3
Liquid Cooled

2017 27' Flying Cloud
Currently Looking...
Currently Looking...
Currently Looking...
near Indy , Indiana
Quote:
Originally Posted by eubank
Ok, good deal! I'll PM the folks with the new AS about it ...

Lynn
Also the Cincinnati unit is not so bad. Has several rallies throughout the year, and a number of participants with families.
RedSHED is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-31-2008, 03:55 PM   #4
Rivet Master

Southwestern , Ohio
Miami Valley and Cincinatti Units

Hi,

Don't know where your prospective members are, but either the Miami Valley Unit of Ohio or the Cincinnati Unit are good. Both are more or less in the southwestern quadrant of Ohio. (here is a lot of overlap in membership and we have some joint rallies. Miami Valley Unit is "the mother ship". We have several members in Jackson Center, including (last time I looked) numerous high level Airstream employees.

The Miami Valley Unit membership chairman is Mary Heckman tmaheckman@aol.com or (937) 335-8614.

The Cincinnati membership chairman is Don Kendig, (937) 878-1988 - I don't have an email for him.

See you down the road,
Nuvi
Nuvite-F is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-31-2008, 04:04 PM   #5
3 Rivet Member

1960 26' Overlander
Tipton , Iowa
I was a member of the Cleveland unit for many years. A couple of younger members left, but most of the older ones are dear friends and grandparents to my children.

Akron Ohio used to be a hotbed of vintage activity with minimal business meetings, I do not know if this is still the case.

Our first exposure to WBCCI was with the Columbus Ohio unit. They were very friendly and we would of joined had there not been 2 units closer to home.

FYI my wife and I are in our mid 40's, our kids are 3 & 6.
Scott S is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-31-2008, 05:12 PM   #6
Rivet Master

Airstream - Other
Ok, thank you for the info! I've already PM'd the folks about units. (It's not on AirForums.) If they respond at all, I'll fill them in with more details.

Lynn
Old 05-31-2008, 07:21 PM   #7
Rivet Master

1977 27' Overlander
Trotwood , Ohio
Send a message via Yahoo to Mikethefixit
They must have lots of members and dont need any more. My neighbor and I both purchased last fall but no one ever contacts new owners. I think they should ask us to join and give a free yrs membership. We live in the Miami Valley. From what I hear they are hurt for new members to replace thier aging and inactive members.
Mikethefixit is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-31-2008, 07:36 PM   #8
Rivet Master

Airstream - Other
Ah, unfortunately, some units -- I have no idea if this includes the Miami unit or not -- seem not interested in new members. From all appearances, they seem to feel that they have their club, and they don't want anybody coming in to stir the pot.

Our two units -- DenCo (main) and FCU (affiliate) are not that way at all! I won't mention the name of the unit that we belonged to before joining DenCO and FCU.

But I really didn't intend this to be a complaint session about units that are moribund. I was just looking for units outside of my area that are active and that I can direct Airstream-owning guests to when they visit us here at the park.

Lynn