Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 09-03-2008, 10:02 AM   #161
_

. , .
are some folks NOT planning forum rallies due 2 lack of insurance coverage?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gen Disarray View Post
...3) use the resulting structure to provide liability insurance to ad hoc rallies such as have been organized here...
this comes up occasionally here.

it's not clear anyone doing forums rallies thinks this coverage is needed...

or if they do why.

most of us have comp coverage on our 'streams, that includes mishap protection similar to home owners insurance.

for example IF my awning falls on a dinner party, there is coverage which varies by policy and premium.

IF one has LOTS of assets to protect, a 1-5 mil personal liability umbrella policy is a good buy.

drivers (should) have coverage, campgrounds have coverage, and so on...

i don't think insurance coverage can be simply structured and purchased to cover 'forum events'...

without having OFFICiAL sign up sheets, disclaimers, hold harmless and other FORMS for the rallies.

along with the 'be a business' ya ya...

besides taking these steps INVITES actions toward the covered, so it starts a process of in ALL the way or not.

a "little coverage" is worse than none where groups are concerned.

while some of the starters of the 4cu felt the need to have insurance for camping events,

not many others have felt that need related to forum camping.

the growth and popularity of forum rallies has been healthy up to now...

it would be interesting to have a rally in a walmart lot and work out the liability issues there.

cheers
2air'

we are here on earth to fart around. don't let anybody tell you any different. k.v.
2airishuman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-03-2008, 11:39 AM   #162
Rivet Master

2007 23' International CCD
Lapeer , Michigan
Quote:
Originally Posted by Minnie's Mate View Post
I have been a member of the WBCCI for over two years but have never attended one of the rallies, why? The Georgia Unit, of which I am a member, has 4 and 5 day rallies. I am still working and by the time we could get to the rally site, the rally is practically over. (Wed-Sunday vs. our schedule of Sat. & Sun.) The next rally is the State Rally and is just 40 miles from our home, but again, it is Thursday through Sunday and is dry camping except for the first 100 campers (they get electric) and cost $100 per couple plus extra for each additional attendee (each of our kids). $50/night to camp in a parking lot with no connections practically in my back yard isn't too appealing to me. Not to mention we would be among the youngest (mid-40's) and some of the few, if not only, attendees with children.

What we have enjoyed is forum rallies and I don't think for a moment that a new Airstream club would mean an end to forum rallies. But I still like the idea of being a member of something associated with only Airstreams. Unfortunately, WBCCI isn't doing it for us. I remain a member of WBCCI in the hopes that it will change with time and I am willing to support the Club until it does. I am willing to look at alternatives though. I would love to be a charter member of the next/alternative Airstream Club.

I would like to see this new Airstream club be an Airstream Corporate endorsed club and one that is what WBCCI is not. I'd also like to see this new club include the name Airstream in some fashion. If there is an alternative to the WBCCI, the WBCCI will have to change to compete for membership or be content to continue with the loyal membership that doesn't jump ship for as long as they last. I'm not advocating draining the WBCCI or putting them out of business. On the contrary. I'd like nothing more than to have two clubs to belong to and have two options for rallies and caravans in the future. There may be a time when the current WBCCI style of club will be what I want/need, but in the interim, I'd like to have the alternative.

My dream club would have rallies around the country at differing times of the year...just like the forum rallies we have access to today. One where the focus of the rallies center around the weekend with options for those that can arrive early or stay late. There has to be bylaws and dues to cover liability insurance and other overhead cost, but there are other clubs beside the WBCCI that this new club could be patterned after. There's Good Sam's, FMBA (?), and others. This new club could have a national rally once, or even twice, a year with a similar or different format than any of these or WBCCI's. There could also be intra-club organizations (Rivettes, Silver Sisters, etc.)

I'm in the middle of raising two pre-teen boys with Scouting obligations and a career and taking a night class and trying to camp on weekends and it seems life just keeps piling up. Count me in on joining the new club, and I'll do what I can to help put it together no matter who spearheads it.

If someone other than Norsea has started the ball rolling before him, let us know so we can gather the troops behind him/her. If not, then stop trying to muddy the waters so we can get on with it.
That's good input Tom. Time and cost is a big factor when planning activities. I think Bozeman with electric 2 adults 2 children worked out to be close to a hundred dollars a night...for limited facilities! I too think there is room for an Airstream and a WBCCI club. And I would probably join both. One thing that is common to all groups is what meets their needs. I like your dream club thoughts. maybe we can all offer up more ideas aside from the structure and insurance aspects. Just more fun ideas while we are waiting for the mystery club panel to please sign in.

Nuvi, Jim Franklin camping club! That's scary.

Where's that popcorn graphic, I am waiting to see the end of the show? Intermission is killing me here. I am soooo curious.

photography
wheel interested is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-25-2008, 03:42 PM   #163
Rivet Master

1962 22' Safari
2016 30' Classic
Southeast , Michigan
Just found this thread. Wow, a new club is proposed, not enough feedback and volunteerism is exhibited, and the project is abandoned (at least publicly), all in less than a week!

And now the NorSea web site is password protected (it apparently wasn't when this thread was "active"). I wonder what's up?
WBCCI/VAC #702 & #6768

66Overlander is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-25-2008, 04:50 PM   #164
4 Rivet Member

2008 30' Classic
On the road since 2000 , norseaodyssey.com
The dream of a new club is alive and well...

Quote:
Originally Posted by 66Overlander View Post
Just found this thread. Wow, a new club is proposed, not enough feedback and volunteerism is exhibited, and the project is abandoned (at least publicly), all in less than a week!

And now the NorSea web site is password protected (it apparently wasn't when this thread was "active"). I wonder what's up?
Hi Joe,

The project is NOT abandoned. I have no idea what gave you that idea.

If you want to participate go to my web site and send me an email.

As for the web site being password protected, I need more information as to why you would think/say that. I have no idea what you are talking about.

The ONLY time you will be challanged for a UID and password is if you are trying to get to anything on a page that is not an HTML file that will display in a browser. If you are having a problem with a specific page please provide me with the information so I can look at it. I have never been told anything about anything on my site being password protected.

And, by all means join the others that have agreed to work toward the establishment of a new club.

We took our process off the Airforum because we were not able to do the things that we wanted here. Personally I would much rather have done ALL of the work here on the Airforum but that was not an option becuase, as Andy stated in his own post above he was not willing to provide us with the functionality that we needed.

So, the effort is VERY MUCH alive and well.

PLEASE join us if this is something that you would like to be involved in.

Jim

"Travel is fatal to bigotry, prejudice and being narrow minded."
norsea is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-25-2008, 08:42 PM   #165
Rivet Master

Airstream - Other
2016 Interstate Grand Tour Ext
Bosque Farms , New Mexico
Norsea, Joe's talking about this:

http://silvertwinkie.norseaodyssey.com

Authorization Required

This server could not verify that you are authorized to access the document requested. Either you supplied the wrong credentials (e.g., bad password), or your browser doesn't understand how to supply the credentials required.

Apache/1.3.27 Server at silvertwinkie.norseaodyssey.com Port 80 Lynn
Old 09-25-2008, 08:50 PM   #166
Rivet Master

Currently Looking...
1984 31' Airstream310
Ajo , Arizona
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mikethefixit View Post
I will comment NO MORE
I'M OUT
Ditto........
Mike Leary is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-25-2008, 09:31 PM   #167
Rivet Master

1962 22' Safari
2016 30' Classic
Southeast , Michigan
Quote:
Originally Posted by norsea View Post
Hi Joe,

The project is NOT abandoned. I have no idea what gave you that idea.

If you want to participate go to my web site and send me an email.

As for the web site being password protected, I need more information as to why you would think/say that. I have no idea what you are talking about.

The ONLY time you will be challanged for a UID and password is if you are trying to get to anything on a page that is not an HTML file that will display in a browser. If you are having a problem with a specific page please provide me with the information so I can look at it. I have never been told anything about anything on my site being password protected.

And, by all means join the others that have agreed to work toward the establishment of a new club.

We took our process off the Airforum because we were not able to do the things that we wanted here. Personally I would much rather have done ALL of the work here on the Airforum but that was not an option becuase, as Andy stated in his own post above he was not willing to provide us with the functionality that we needed.

So, the effort is VERY MUCH alive and well.

PLEASE join us if this is something that you would like to be involved in.

Jim
I think Eubank got it. I went to silvertwinkie.norseaodyssey.com as noted under your name and it requires an ID and password to see anything.

As for the forming of a new club, I am interested to know what is going on. I would be inclined to join, maybe even as a charter member, but I am not sure how active I would be in forming such a club, as right now WBCCI offers more than I can take advantage of, dispite the issues I see within that organization. Certainly the existance of another Airstream club would not cause me to abandon the WBCCI (and I'm only a 40-something working person). When we get past the politics and antiquated policies, there are still some great events hosted by WBCCI. I hope it survives (and is revived) by the time I retire. But a new club with a new focus could be nice, too.

I guess I'll email you off line and see if there is anything further to talk about.
WBCCI/VAC #702 & #6768

66Overlander is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-25-2008, 10:22 PM   #168
Rivet Master

Lapeer , Michigan
The Norris - Seavey Odyssey

try that link

photography
Old 09-26-2008, 06:32 AM   #169
4 Rivet Member

2008 30' Classic
On the road since 2000 , norseaodyssey.com
Right you are...

Quote:
Originally Posted by 66Overlander View Post
I think Eubank got it. I went to silvertwinkie.norseaodyssey.com as noted under your name and it requires an ID and password to see anything.

As for the forming of a new club, I am interested to know what is going on. I would be inclined to join, maybe even as a charter member, but I am not sure how active I would be in forming such a club, as right now WBCCI offers more than I can take advantage of, dispite the issues I see within that organization. Certainly the existance of another Airstream club would not cause me to abandon the WBCCI (and I'm only a 40-something working person). When we get past the politics and antiquated policies, there are still some great events hosted by WBCCI. I hope it survives (and is revived) by the time I retire. But a new club with a new focus could be nice, too.

I guess I'll email you off line and see if there is anything further to talk about.
Hi Joe,

Thanks for the heads up about the silvertwinke portion of our site.

You were right; a typo on my part. All better now.

But, having said that, I am in the process of incorporating what was in the silvertwinkie site into norseaodyssey.com. Hence the change in the info to the left of this post.

And I think you are bang on about the WBCCI and other Airstream clubs. I think the history of the WBCCI and the vast majority of what the club does is excelent.

But for me, and many others, the WBCCI just does not work. So, we are off to create a club that will better meet our needs.

Participation is a very subjective thing. My personal opinion is that anyone in any club should be able to participate as much or as little as they so desire.

At the minute we are working on just about everything that will be needed to move forward to create a new club. This process often moves in a very "herky jerky" (technical term) pattern as we "hurry up and wait" for one specific item to be sorted before we move forward to other things.

At the minute we are in one of these "hurry up and wait" states. I hope this will be resolved soon.

If you, or anyone, would like to get involved and offer ideas, review documents, provide expertise about web sites, newsletters, bylaws, articles of incorporation, etc., etc., please come to the party.

Jim, who appologises for the typo that caused the problems with the silvertwinke page.

"Travel is fatal to bigotry, prejudice and being narrow minded."
norsea is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-15-2010, 10:51 PM   #170
Rivet Master

Lapeer , Michigan
bump Hey It's oldies but goodies week on Air Forums!
Old 08-16-2010, 11:43 AM   #171
2 Rivet Member

1980 31' Excella II
Davenport , Iowa
Send a message via Yahoo to MRHottinger Send a message via Skype™ to MRHottinger
Quote:
Originally Posted by wheel interested View Post
bump Hey It's oldies but goodies week on Air Forums!

Ok so it falls into an Oldies but is seems to be similar to the other threads of discontent that were just bumped to stir up the troops.

IMHO... The solution is nothing different from any other organization where leadership is voted or assigned. Work to change it and hold the elected/assigned officials accountable. Has anyone else noticed how much these oldies or even recent subjects are similar to the BS we are going through as a country from our current administrations. The larger an organization the more people are discontent and the more chance for leadership to become corruptable or at leaders providing favors to those that helped them to power. The Region 3 people I have met are great people and I enjoy being a part of WBCCI even if I do not make many club events and will be 20 years away from having the time available to take off and attempt to participate in a caravan but my wife and I are happy where we are. Enjoying a great camper with good people in great places. If you dont like it nobody held a gun to our head and made us join, we chose to of our own free will.

Oh, and I hope everybody has a great week.

Mike
1980 31' Excella II
2003 Silverado HD Crew Cab

"We must become the change we want to see."
- Mahatma Gandhi
MRHottinger is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-16-2010, 02:14 PM   #172
Rivet Master

Lapeer , Michigan
Remember how we had tried so hard to come up with so many different ideas for a fresh new association and plenty of Airstreamers that were ripe for one and would not be led to the WBCCI? And now we have TAC and it was spontaneous! Something went right and it clicked. It is interesting to see just how in time it went from a proposal to a reality. And many still do belong to the WBCCI too. It works out well that way. They are not the same and allows for more variety.
Old 08-16-2010, 06:25 PM   #173
Restorations done right
Commercial Member

1962 26' Overlander
1961 26' Overlander
Vintage Kin Owner
Currently Looking...
Baltimore , Maryland
variety is the spice of life, but Airstreams and the Airstreamer's that use them sure make for a tremendous life...
Frank's Trailer Works is offline   Reply With Quote