Old 07-24-2008, 08:38 PM   #15
Commercial Member

1967 30' Sovereign
Bosque Farms , New Mexico
Quote:
Originally Posted by wkerfoot View Post
Assuming that the site comes back up, of course. Bill
Thursday evening, and the WBCCI site is still dead. Man, I wonder if somebody forgot to pay the bills.

Lynn

Old 07-24-2008, 10:11 PM   #16
4 Rivet Member

2000 34' Limited
Somewhere in Western , North Carolina
No reason to wait

Quote:
Originally Posted by bobkelly View Post
Lynn--Thanks for posting the 2020 report to the IBT. The most significant thing I found in the report was the committee self expectation to "intent to effect change" and not just create a list of recommendations.
Before the 2020 committee spends 6 more months and a lot of effort to compile a list of recommendations and polish the Vision & Mission Statements, I recommend they do the following:.....
I mentioned this last year while the IBT was meeting in Georgia. I see no one has tried going in this direction to force some change:

Article IX

Sec. 2 ....... It may hold meetings at a time and place designated by the President and special meetings may be called by the President or by eleven (11) members of the Board of Trustees or at the signed request of one thousand (1000) members in good standing. (7/1/86)

Air# 16888 | 2000 34' Limited | 2008 Ford F250
dpandorf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-25-2008, 07:09 AM   #17
Rivet Master

2007 23' International CCD
Lapeer , Michigan
Would be cool to call a special meeting, and cooler still to get a motion through! You can count on my signature.

Hey just what has happened to the WBCCI web site? Anyone know? It's been down for a long time.

photography
wheel interested is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-25-2008, 07:55 AM   #18

2015 25' FB Flying Cloud
2012 23' FB Flying Cloud
2005 25' Safari
Santa Rosa Beach , Florida
Quote:
Originally Posted by wheel interested View Post
Would be cool to call a special meeting, and cooler still to get a motion through! You can count on my signature.

Hey just what has happened to the WBCCI web site? Anyone know? It's been down for a long time.
I have also been trying to get on wbcci.org for several days now with the same results that you had. Their website does not seem to be a priority with WBCCI. I think that the prevailing wisdom on the IBT is that this "internet thing" is just a passing fad. Besides, all the information that the WBCCI membership could possibly want can be found in the Blue Beret.

Brian
WBCCI #3628 -- AIR #14872 -- TAC #FL-7
2015 FC 25' FB (Lucy) with HAHA
2005 Suburban 2500 Quadrasteer (Olivia) & 2018 Silverado 2500 (Lillian)
moosetags is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-25-2008, 08:07 AM   #19
Commercial Member

1967 30' Sovereign
The WBCCCI site seems to be up and running this morning ...

Lynn
Old 07-25-2008, 09:20 AM   #20
Rivet Master

Lapeer , Michigan
Aha! Thanks Lynn. I swear it wasn't there when I posted. I know there isn't a lot of activity there, but I do check...just in case. If you're into hearing yourself talk, that's the place to do it. Still waiting for the leadership to start getting involved and mentoring...

photography
Old 07-25-2008, 09:36 AM   #21
Commercial Member

1967 30' Sovereign
Quote:
Originally Posted by wheel interested View Post
Aha! Thanks Lynn. I swear it wasn't there when I posted.
I believe you! The thing has been really wanky for the last week.

L
Old 07-25-2008, 09:45 PM   #22
4 Rivet Member

2000 34' Limited
Somewhere in Western , North Carolina
Quote:
Originally Posted by 65GT View Post
Well, so you call a special meeting, now what? The problem is that if you want to pass some major change, you just can't call a special meeting. You need to have everyone on board BEFORE you call the meeting -- that means units, that means Delegates. Outside of the Mid-Winters, and the International, where are you going to corral 20% of the units to go to and at what time of year? You need 20% to have a quorum, and you've got an enormous scheduling job on your hands just to get 20% anywhere at any point in time. Of course the mid-winters is your best bet, but what specific issue, what specific change, are you going to use to lure 20% representation at the Delegates Meeting.

The proposal, the specific wording, better get a ruling (hopefully an accurate ruling) from the C&BL Committee before you convene, and THEN maybe your special meeting would do some good.

It may in fact be very difficult to get 1000 signatures without a major crisis that needs to be addressed NOW. Getting everything else lined up for that emergency meeting, to have a hope in hell of being successful, is probably more than many would care to bargain for. It's probably more difficult than getting elected from the floor...

__
and that's exactly why the club will fail before the necessary changes can be made to gain the additional members to stay afloat.

I will renew my membership when the majority of my annual dues goes to the local unit and not the IBT.

Air# 16888 | 2000 34' Limited | 2008 Ford F250
dpandorf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-26-2008, 12:45 AM   #23
4 Rivet Member

2008 30' Classic
On the road since 2000 , norseaodyssey.com
Why pay money to the WBCCI/IBT

Quote:
Originally Posted by dpandorf View Post
and that's exactly why the club will fail before the necessary changes can be made to gain the additional members to stay afloat.

I will renew my membership when the majority of my annual dues goes to the local unit and not the IBT.
Duane,

Under the heading of, "Great minds think alike", what you said!

I could not agree more. The structure of the WBCCI GUARANTEES that it functions the way it does. Until the STRUCTURE changes the members have absolutely no control or input to anything.

I am sure there are those who will explain the error of my ways to me about that line about having no input. I would reply to any argument made about members being able to input to the WBCCI that it is impossible to talk with someone who is not listening.

Jim

"Travel is fatal to bigotry, prejudice and being narrow minded."
norsea is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-26-2008, 10:01 AM   #24
Rivet Master

Lapeer , Michigan
I bet using our Airforums, WBCCI.org, and SaveWally.org educated powers of observation saves on mileage and expenses walking those miles. We don't actually have to have had bad axles and had them replaced to now know when they are bad and need replacing. That's the entire point of knowlege sharing and availing ourselves of the plethora of info on the information highway, eh?

I withheld my dues this year hoping that combined with others we could vote with our feet and have some visibility where it might be noticed. But then signed up after a post that non-members have no right to speak so PayPal came to the rescue of freedom of speech and I was off running at the mouth that very evening. However my member views mimick my non-member views to an exact tee and only my wallet is lighter.

Jim feel free to use my brush, I'm not using it right now and you seem to be a good painter. I'll be sure to give you mho when I think your strokes are too broad. Perhaps it's staying precisely between the lines that is so restrictive.

Leo surely those words must have been tongue in cheek to come directly from you.

photography
Old 07-26-2008, 11:02 AM   #25
Rivet Master

Lapeer , Michigan
Quote:
...as far as bad axles go, I'm willing to bet that 70% of all axle replacements going on in the vintage world are the result of hype and misconception. If I had a nickle each time I was asked if I'd replaced my '65 or '53 axle... I usually ask why would I do that, and responses are typically, "well, aren't they all bad?".

__
touche

photography
Old 07-26-2008, 06:52 PM   #26
_

. , .
pot, kettle, black and touchie-hoochie coochie

Quote:

until you've walked that mile...

without being a...

I'm really not sure how a non...
so tell us all 'gt, if u please...

when YOU were ever a member at large?

Quote:
.. MALs, who by definition, don't want to belong, into a MAL unit, or are you going to let MALs be MALs? Because if that's the case I think you're going to discover that most MALs won't join a virtual unit for the same reasons they won't join a regular unit. They just don't want to have anything to do with it...
only one of many times u have painted THESE BUCKET FILL strokes with authority, while having not "walked that mile"...

the only TRUE thing about the above quote is EXACTLY like the axle analogy...

Quote:
Originally Posted by 65GT, italic quotes edited for comparative use

I'm willing to bet that 70% of all "mal characterizations" are the result of hype and misconception.
If I had a nickle each time "i heard or read this nonsense around a group of wb bobble heads"....
cheers
2air'

we are here on earth to fart around. don't let anybody tell you any different. k.v.
2airishuman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-26-2008, 07:07 PM   #27
Commercial Member

1967 30' Sovereign
Ah, how about if we work on the recommendations from the 2020 Committee?

Lynn
Old 07-26-2008, 07:39 PM   #28
_

. , .
no offensive, but sort of like you did HERE...

http://www.airforums.com/forums/f286...lub-43687.html

it is TOO LITTLE TOO LATE, see my early posts in that thread on the 'normal vision' report...

as bobkelly BRILLIANTLY noted in post #13...

until and unless one or 2 of the SIGNIFICANT suggestions are implemented...

ALL of the others are irrelevant.

moving the bb to an online format is a no brainer and could have been done several years ago...

and IF they do this now it's a perfunctory move.

the "normal/vision" report does include some suggestion of surveying members at large, FINALLY...

of course in 05 the ibt revealed a more direct approach to the mal issue, suggesting it be ELIMINATED...

then they simply STOPPED including the data on mal number, new signup, renewals and so on...

in the yearly membership reports, which are posted on the wb' website.

see, recruiting by the wdcu from mal category was working and dangerous!

membership continues to DECLINE and folks could run projections on how long b4 it hits ZERO..

but zero isn't the 'dead zone'

member fees SUPPORT ibt and region lords functions and 100s of 2-3 week campers at the international,

so the critical risk for the leadership is when membership drops to the point that THEIR ACTIVITIES are impacted....

the unit/member level pyramid $$$ funds the double diamond level members.

i'm part of 2 other enthusiast clubs that both had issues of declining members...

--one of these clubs stopped the bleeding by SUSPENDING ALL club rules and regs that made it difficult to sign up new folks....

they also SUSPENDED ALL leadership travel and un necessary activity.

combined regions and let LOCAL UNITS MERGER IF theyconducted ALL business functions online...

membership GREW QUICKLY and mostly at the under 40 age level...

some of the LARGE online chapters eventually split into smaller units again as critical mass was reached,

small locals regions for fun stuff, but kept officer level and business stuff as part of the LARGER group.

having 2,3,4 or 5 veeepeees on a ladder at the local unit level is SILLY...

and any club officer position needs 2 or more candidates, OR the office needs to be considered for elimination!!!

--the other club established a policy that ALL money (100% of fees) collected at the local level...

had to be SPENT AT THE LOCAL LEVEL...

with national officers and functions ONLY supported by corporate and private sponsorship.

it took longer (3-4 years) for this club to turn around (the locals didn't believe they really would get their funds back)...

but it has now turned and again with YOUNGER members primarily.

oh, and neither of these organizations have ANY pomp or ceremonial activities, other than applause...

EVERY function is related to the product and it's purposes...

the wb' isn't really an airstream enthusiast club above the local level (about 20 units) and THAT is silly.

only the classic caravan club is TRUE to the original and prime directive of these travel trailers.

or it will become a MUCH SMALLER and much different club...

which might be for the best.

cheers
2air'

we are here on earth to fart around. don't let anybody tell you any different. k.v.
2airishuman is offline   Reply With Quote