Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 07-07-2015, 08:18 AM   #1
Rivet Master

1970 23' Safari
2005 30' Classic
1986 31' Sovereign
Lorain , Ohio
2016 International WV

In less than a year, I'm going to have an opportunity to attend the 2016 WBCCI International Rally at the West Virginia State Fair Grounds in Lewisburgh. This is about a 6 hour drive for me.

Although nothing beats Kentucky in springtime, this should be close! I'm really looking forward to experiencing the country, the rivers, and the people.

I'll be there with my NOVA flag flying. Who else can I plan on sharing the fun with?

Proud Member of the Wally Byam Airstream Club #24260

www.campnova.com

The “Ohio Airstreamer -- Informal forum for weekend camping” thread.
DanB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-07-2015, 08:39 AM   #2
Figment of My Imagination

2012 Interstate Coach
From All Over , More Than Anywhere Else
Quote:
Originally Posted by DanB View Post
In less than a year, I'm going to have an opportunity to attend the 2016 WBCCI International Rally at the West Virginia State Fair Grounds in Lewisburgh. This is about a 6 hour drive for me.

Although nothing beats Kentucky in springtime, this should be close! I'm really looking forward to experiencing the country, the rivers, and the people.

I'll be there with my NOVA flag flying. Who else can I plan on sharing the fun with?

I've already registered.

For me it's 882 miles by the shortest route that avoids toll roads, considerably less than the 1300 miles that I traveled to Farmington. Figure three days and two nights to get there. First night around Birmingham, AL; second night around Wytheville, VA; then a very short third day so I can arrive early the third travel day and beat the crowd to get parked.
Old 07-07-2015, 08:57 AM   #3
Rivet Master

Southwestern , Ohio
We'll be there, God willin' and the creek don't rise.
Nuvite-F is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-07-2015, 11:03 AM   #4
3 Rivet Member

2007 34' Classic S/O
Hillsboro , Texas

The 2016 rally site in Lewisburg, WV has 500 full hookup sites ONLY. No apparent overflow site if more than 500 units show up. There were 167 pre-registrations at Farmington for 2016. Better sign up early or be disappointed.
WBCCI #4432 & ARC member W9CJX
jwgreen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-07-2015, 02:34 PM   #5
Rivet Master

1961 24' Tradewind
1969 29' Ambassador
1970 21' Globetrotter
Jamestown , Tennessee
We will pass on this one. West Va is a very interesting place, especially for outdoor activities, However we spend two weeks in that area every year around labor day and have for the last 40 or so years. Carol had an emergency appendectomy at the Lewisburg Hospital 2 years ago and we were treated well
99 Dodge TD 577K miles

RickDavis is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-12-2015, 03:17 PM   #6
2 Rivet Member

Huntington , West Virginia
We may rejoin the club for the opportunity to attend in WV next year. It's all about proximity for us, being a non-retired family. Although, I must admit, some of the photos that have filtered out from Farmington do give us some pause (cringe). Some of the photos were downright surreal - see talent show.
Totoro is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-12-2015, 04:58 PM   #7

2012 Interstate Coach
Quote:
Originally Posted by Totoro View Post
Although, I must admit, some of the photos that have filtered out from Farmington do give us some pause (cringe). Some of the photos were downright surreal - see talent show.
You had to be there; taken out of context they would seem surreal, I guess.
Old 07-13-2015, 08:52 AM   #8
Rivet Master

2013 28' Flying Cloud
Central , Canada
Will next years international still be in the same window of time as other years? My memory tells me that it is now possible to change the International dates but I'm not sure when that starts.

As for Totoro's comment about the pictures. I must agree - some that I've seen have given me pause also.....

Cheers
Doug
Old 07-13-2015, 09:07 AM   #9
Rivet Master

2015 30' International
2009 27' FB International
2007 25' Safari
Currently Looking...
Greensboro , North Carolina
Photos.....

Quote:
Originally Posted by Arcticfox View Post
Will next years international still be in the same window of time as other years? My memory tells me that it is now possible to change the International dates but I'm not sure when that starts.

As for Totoro's comment about the pictures. I must agree - some that I've seen have given me pause also.....

Cheers
Doug
I am curious about which photos have given folks to cringe....here are all of them I did:

https://www.flickr.com/photos/fantin...57654660902369

Now, this may have been a bit shocking...
Farmington David Merry 07.01.15-3 by Tommie Lauer, on Flickr

However, in context it was funny, not in anyway off color.
AIR #31871 KQ3H

www.fantinesvoice.com
Msmoto is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-13-2015, 09:12 AM   #10
Rivet Master

2013 28' Flying Cloud
Central , Canada
In my case it was images I saw on FaceBook. That said, I'm now off to look at yours - Thanks
Old 07-13-2015, 09:22 AM   #11
Rivet Master

Southwestern , Ohio
Quote:
The Lewisburg, WV International Rally will be in the present "July 4" window, from June 28 to July 5, 2016.

The first International rally in the new schedule constraints will be the Escanaba, MI rally, which will run from July 22-29, 2017.
Nuvite-F is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-13-2015, 01:18 PM   #12
Rivet Master

Not signed up, but planning to attend.

I've told a buddy of mine (Tater) who grew up in "Pocahontas"County, that I would be loaning him and his wife a trailer, signing them up as a member of the WBCCI and this rally just to attend with us.

I figure you can't go wrong with having a local there on-site with you.

Enjoy,
Old 07-13-2015, 01:34 PM   #13

2012 Interstate Coach
Quote:
Originally Posted by rideair View Post
I've told a buddy of mine (Tater) who grew up in "Pocahontas"County, that I would be loaning him and his wife a trailer, signing them up as a member of the WBCCI and this rally just to attend with us.
You don't have to do that— in fact you might not be able, since non-owners can't be members.

As for the "don't have to," you CAN bring a guest; there is a special registration for guests. A friend of mine brought a guest to Farmington who wasn't an Airstream owner. His guest stayed in his trailer with him.
Old 07-13-2015, 02:25 PM   #14
Rivet Master

Protagonist,

I don't think the WBCCI will be running the VIN/License plate info during the membership sign-up process, though things may have changed since I was a unit Prez.

I'll just use one of the three other trailers I own. If folks want to b*tch about it, I'll do a limited bill of sale giving him rights to the trailer for that week.

Plus, the way Tater snores and farts, you don't want him in the same trailer with you, maybe not even be on the same row!

Enjoy,
Old 07-13-2015, 02:42 PM   #15

2012 Interstate Coach
Quote:
I'll just use one of the three other trailers I own. If folks want to b*tch about it, I'll do a limited bill of sale giving him rights to the trailer for that week.
If you're going to do something like that, don't use names! If you do it and I know who you are, I'm honor-bound to report you for violating the membership requirements, namely that one must own an Airstream to belong to the club. Not borrow, not rent, but own.
Old 07-13-2015, 03:26 PM   #16
Rivet Master

May the reporting process begin!

Protagonist,

If someone having a "Bill of Sale" is not enough, I'll sell it to him for $1.00, put the trailer in his name for the week, he then sell's it back to me. If that's not enough, may the reporting process begin!

Enjoy,
Old 07-13-2015, 04:06 PM   #17
Rivet Master

2013 28' Flying Cloud
Central , Canada
This is a crazy discussion!

With the struggle the WBCCI is having retaining members and attracting new ones. I'm sorry but I'm "honour-bound" to question the attitude of some members who feel they have to "report" anything. It is these types of attitude that is causing many of the problem the group is now seeing. Yet the members with the attitude still sit there and wonder what happened to the club and why the attendance at things like the International is dropping like a stone. Grow up people!

rideair - Having your buddy purchase a membership and lend him a trailer should be more than enough to satisfy the powers to be. Gosh if its not, then one will not have to look to hard as to why the WBCCI is struggling...... Sheesh
Old 07-13-2015, 04:08 PM   #18

2012 Interstate Coach
Quote:
If someone having a "Bill of Sale" is not enough, I'll sell it to him for $1.00, put the trailer in his name for the week, he then sell's it back to me. If that's not enough, may the reporting process begin!
As long as he actually owns it and not "pretend" owns it, and pays his membership dues, that's enough to comply with the WBCCI constitution and bylaws, and I've got no complaint. Whatever other hoops you jump through to make that happen is no concern of mine.

But honestly, it would have been better for all concerned if you had just gone ahead flaunted the club rules without announcing it to any and all WBCCI members here on the Forums first.
Old 07-13-2015, 04:20 PM   #19

2012 Interstate Coach
Quote:
This is a crazy discussion!
You're right. And I'm crazy for being a part of it. But here I am, insanity and all.
Quote:
With the struggle the WBCCI is having retaining members and attracting new ones.
And how exactly is having a new member for about ten days, the duration of the 2016 International— only to have that new membership expire expire as soon as rideair takes back his trailer— going to help build membership? Even a life member is only a member as long as he owns an Airstream; all memberships expire when the person is no longer an owner, and no membership can begin until the person is an owner.
Quote:
rideair - Having your buddy purchase a membership and lend him a trailer should be more than enough to satisfy the powers to be. Gosh if its not, then one will not have to look to hard as to why the WBCCI is struggling
Put forth a motion allowing members to only have temporary use of an Airstream rather than ownership. Then we'll see how the vote goes. Maybe we'll build membership based on time-share of an Airstream, so one trailer can have 25 part-time owners who are all members… Yeah, that will be the day.
Old 07-13-2015, 05:10 PM   #20
Rivet Master

1948 16' Wee Wind
1953 21' Flying Cloud
Denver , Colorado
One possible workaround . . .

rideair:

Before you appear at the 2016 International in West Virginia, you will have to buy a case of these to distribute among your family members, friends and guests so none of you will be recognized as Blue Book Rules Violators:
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	groucho glasses.jpg
Views:	175
Size:	77.9 KB
ID:	242889  
Fred Coldwell, WBCCI #1510, AIR #2675
Denver, Colorado - WBCCI Unit 24
Airstream Life "Old Aluminum"
Airstream Life
"From the Archives"
47WeeWind is offline   Reply With Quote