Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Airstream Forums > Airstream Community Forums > Clubs, Organizations & Associations > WBCCI Forum
Click Here to Login
Register Vendors FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search Log in

Old 07-16-2015, 08:33 AM   #41
Rivet Master

Yeah, we had a similar small issue with sanitation in Bozeman 2006 when we lent our GT to our friends parents. We just put a letters"A" and "B" next to our numbers
‘62 Overlander 26 ft. ATW Yeager trailer #5289
"62 Airstream 22ft. ATW Hall trailer #83,’90 SQ Sream, ‘06 Bambi Q/S, Prevost Featherlite 45ft, GMC/ Bigfoot camper
Coloradobus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-19-2015, 08:35 AM   #42
2 Rivet Member

Huntington , West Virginia
Anyone know if it is possible to get a "day pass" for the event? I am thinking about possibly camping down at Douthat State Park and just driving up.
Totoro is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-19-2015, 11:14 AM   #43
Rivet Master

Currently Looking...
Mantua , Ohio
Another reason that the numbers are helpful. Oh sorry?!
xrvr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-19-2015, 03:21 PM   #44
Rivet Master

Southwestern , Ohio
Quote:
Originally Posted by Totoro View Post
Anyone know if it is possible to get a "day pass" for the event? I am thinking about possibly camping down at Douthat State Park and just driving up.
If you are camping elsewhere and just driving up without your Airstream to see what's going on, just come on in. Rallies are open to the public.

The schedule will be posted on the rally web site, 2016 International Rally in Lewisburg WVa

A good time to come might be during the Vintage Airstream Club open house, which is always popular.

The only reason you would need a one-day registration would be for the evening entertainment activities.
Nuvite-F is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-19-2015, 03:36 PM   #45
Rivet Master

1970 23' Safari
2005 30' Classic
1986 31' Sovereign
Lorain , Ohio
I know that more than few Boy Scouts and Scouters have graduated into the Airstream world. (My wife and I included!)

Suppose we could get a tour of the new camp? I'd love to experience it and it is not too far away.
Proud Member of the Wally Byam Airstream Club #24260

www.campnova.com

The “Ohio Airstreamer -- Informal forum for weekend camping” thread.
DanB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-19-2015, 03:58 PM   #46
Rivet Master

2006 25' Safari SS SE
1969 27' Overlander
Martinez , Georgia

You can come in and visit for the day but access to seminars, vendors, and entertainment require that you pay for the rally. I can't say whether there will be a Day Pass option next year, but there has not been one in recent years and I think it unlikely. The only options were Camping on grounds or staying off site. The cost can be found on WBCCI.org.
mbmbstreamer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-19-2015, 04:56 PM   #47
2 Rivet Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by mbmbstreamer View Post

You can come in and visit for the day but access to seminars, vendors, and entertainment require that you pay for the rally. I can't say whether there will be a Day Pass option next year, but there has not been one in recent years and I think it unlikely. The only options were Camping on grounds or staying off site. The cost can be found on WBCCI.org.

Thanks for the information. Much appreciated. I have lots of time to consider my options.
Old 07-19-2015, 04:57 PM   #48
2 Rivet Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nuvite-F View Post
If you are camping elsewhere and just driving up without your Airstream to see what's going on, just come on in. Rallies are open to the public.

The schedule will be posted on the rally web site, 2016 International Rally in Lewisburg WVa

A good time to come might be during the Vintage Airstream Club open house, which is always popular.

The only reason you would need a one-day registration would be for the evening entertainment activities.
That sounds ideal, actually.
Old 07-22-2015, 12:27 PM   #49
Rivet Master

To Each His Own

This post is not an attempt to continue to stir the 2016 International WV pot, but to make sure folks understand what I’m trying to do.

First let me say, I fully understand the rules of the WBCCI, the WBCCI Constitution and The Blue Book since I’ve read both of them more times than I care to remember. I understand the purpose of the International Rally, etc.., etc... since I was a Unit Prez some years. I fully understand the whole ownership thing, THOR motorhome issue, etc… since I was also one of the folks that helped defeat the motion during the International Rally at Perry, GA in 2007 while being the Unit Prez. Some may even remember I was the one who let the IBT know before the vote that their motion was not even written correctly since it left out specific wording on their part in ARTICLE XI, Sec. 4. In the bathroom that day I was basically told to sit down and shut up by the past Constitution and By-Laws Chairman. But I guess during the break it was reviewed and because of it, we had to take a vote to change the wording in order to even vote on their motion at that rally which was defeated. So, I fully understand the rules and regulations of the WBCCI.

Now here’s the BUT, I also fully understand the need to increase membership and how there might be some that think my actions do not help, though I disagree. The International Rally has declined to the point of possible no return and whatever anyone can do to help increase the numbers we need to do. I’m not advocating people allow their friends to show up in an S.O.B, I’m not advocating allowing folks show up if they are not a member, etc… But, if you have an extra Airstream that can be used, you want to join up your friends as a WBCCI Member, you want to pay the full cost of the International Rally on their behalf at a cost to you of over $500.00 in total, I see no reason for not allowing someone to do so. We all can talk the talk, but of all the talkers, how many are willing to pull $500.00 out of their own pocket, loan someone a vintage Airstream in order to help get them possibly become a longtime member in the future? My guess, not many. So in the end, I’m trying to increase the numbers at the International Rally and possibly the WBCCI.

So, for those of you that want to talk the talk, you’re welcome to keep doing so and good luck to you in convincing folks to join the WBCCI based on your method of here are the rules that you must live and die from. Based on past experiences, your method is not the best in my opinion and appears not to have worked well through the years, but hey, keep trying maybe it will work out for ya someday. But remember the old saying, “The definition of insanity is doing the same thing over and over expecting a different result”.

For me, I’m willing to try different things and put my own time and money on the table. But then again, maybe I’m the dumb one here. If I was smart, I’d camp down the road at Tater’s mother’s house (free) and show up for only the Vintage Airstream Clubs Open House since the rest of the International Rally really is of no interest to me at this point anyway. But in support of my Unit Prez next year and trying to increase the numbers, I will take part at the International Rally 2016 regardless of the chance of being reported to the higher ups in the club. Maybe if I’m lucky, they’ll kick me out then I won’t have to worry about this crap anymore.

I’ve just never figured out why some folks want to sit around and “Pick the fly sh*t out of the pepper”. But to each his own.

See you guys at the International Rally, you won’t know who I am because I’ll be the one wearing the mustache and glasses!

Enjoy,
Old 07-22-2015, 01:58 PM   #50
Rivet Master

1998 31' Excella 1000
1979 23' Safari
Mooresville , Indiana
I don't know where this got so far off in the weeds..

Please come to the Rally, and your friend too. Have fun, and enjoy the Rally, that is what the club is really about, not the rule or regulations.

Damon
damonbeals is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-22-2015, 03:19 PM   #51
Rivet Master

1962 28' Ambassador
1961 19' Globetrotter
1962 26' Overlander
Mesa , Arizona
Yet another thread that started out informational and fine and has turned to angry people venting. Time to unsubscribe.

Hittenstiehl
Hittenstiehl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-22-2015, 03:32 PM   #52
Figment of My Imagination

2012 Interstate Coach
From All Over , More Than Anywhere Else
Whoa! I really need to apologize! Even after my self-imposed one-week exile from the AirForums after I caused such a stir, this thread still hasn't gotten back on track. Bad enough that I gave rideair a hard time for no good reason, but to derail the thread to this extent…

Mea maxima culpa.
Old 07-22-2015, 04:17 PM   #53
Rivet Master

Southwestern , Ohio
Pro,

No mea culpas necessary. If you want to do penance, go wash your mouth out with your favorite alcoholic beverage. Think I'll have one myself. . .

Paul,

Relax. Don't know how it is in your neck of the woods, but our unit is gaining members faster than I've ever seen before. Just doing the numbers in my head I would guess a 30-40% unit membership increase this year.

Likewise, International attendance seems to have hit bottom and has been increasing the last few years. I expect another increase for 2016 and am hoping for another in 2017.

The International officers have stopped shooting the club in the foot and are doing a lot of right things. And hopefully we aren't seeing a return to the WBCCI-bashing of yesteryear on Airforums.
Nuvite-F is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-22-2015, 07:52 PM   #54
Rivet Master

1958 30' Sovereign of the Road
Plymouth , New York
Send a message via Skype™ to robandzoe
Careful!!

Careful Paul or you'll be served a Cease and Desist by those in charge!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by rideair View Post
This post is not an attempt to continue to stir the 2016 International WV pot, but to make sure folks understand what I’m trying to do.

First let me say, I fully understand the rules of the WBCCI, the WBCCI Constitution and The Blue Book since I’ve read both of them more times than I care to remember. I understand the purpose of the International Rally, etc.., etc... since I was a Unit Prez some years. I fully understand the whole ownership thing, THOR motorhome issue, etc… since I was also one of the folks that helped defeat the motion during the International Rally at Perry, GA in 2007 while being the Unit Prez. Some may even remember I was the one who let the IBT know before the vote that their motion was not even written correctly since it left out specific wording on their part in ARTICLE XI, Sec. 4. In the bathroom that day I was basically told to sit down and shut up by the past Constitution and By-Laws Chairman. But I guess during the break it was reviewed and because of it, we had to take a vote to change the wording in order to even vote on their motion at that rally which was defeated. So, I fully understand the rules and regulations of the WBCCI.

Now here’s the BUT, I also fully understand the need to increase membership and how there might be some that think my actions do not help, though I disagree. The International Rally has declined to the point of possible no return and whatever anyone can do to help increase the numbers we need to do. I’m not advocating people allow their friends to show up in an S.O.B, I’m not advocating allowing folks show up if they are not a member, etc… But, if you have an extra Airstream that can be used, you want to join up your friends as a WBCCI Member, you want to pay the full cost of the International Rally on their behalf at a cost to you of over $500.00 in total, I see no reason for not allowing someone to do so. We all can talk the talk, but of all the talkers, how many are willing to pull $500.00 out of their own pocket, loan someone a vintage Airstream in order to help get them possibly become a longtime member in the future? My guess, not many. So in the end, I’m trying to increase the numbers at the International Rally and possibly the WBCCI.

So, for those of you that want to talk the talk, you’re welcome to keep doing so and good luck to you in convincing folks to join the WBCCI based on your method of here are the rules that you must live and die from. Based on past experiences, your method is not the best in my opinion and appears not to have worked well through the years, but hey, keep trying maybe it will work out for ya someday. But remember the old saying, “The definition of insanity is doing the same thing over and over expecting a different result”.

For me, I’m willing to try different things and put my own time and money on the table. But then again, maybe I’m the dumb one here. If I was smart, I’d camp down the road at Tater’s mother’s house (free) and show up for only the Vintage Airstream Clubs Open House since the rest of the International Rally really is of no interest to me at this point anyway. But in support of my Unit Prez next year and trying to increase the numbers, I will take part at the International Rally 2016 regardless of the chance of being reported to the higher ups in the club. Maybe if I’m lucky, they’ll kick me out then I won’t have to worry about this crap anymore.

I’ve just never figured out why some folks want to sit around and “Pick the fly sh*t out of the pepper”. But to each his own.

See you guys at the International Rally, you won’t know who I am because I’ll be the one wearing the mustache and glasses!

Enjoy,
https://bakersacresofchenango.blogspot.com/
Courtesy parking
Flag Pole Holders - https://robsflagpoleholders.blogspot.com/

robandzoe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-22-2015, 10:30 PM   #55
Rivet Master

Virginia is close by

May I suggest those attending the rally think of Virginia as well for things to do and see. No more than about an hour away, is Lexington, Virginia home of VMI and Washington and Lee University. Also, there is a hot air balloon festival held on the grounds of VMI every year over the July 4th holiday weekend if you're looking for things to do your way home.

Enjoy,
Old 07-23-2015, 06:27 AM   #56
Rivet Master

1970 23' Safari
2005 30' Classic
1986 31' Sovereign
Lorain , Ohio
The true intentions of me starting this thread was to provide a place to talk about the highlights and possibilities of what the INT 2016 has in store. This will be my first one, and I want to go in excited and with a positive attitude.

I know it's hard, even impossible for some, but let's see if we can keep it light in this thread. If you need to vent, there are countless others to do it in. Or, start your own! Maybe title it Pitchforks and fire to thew WBCCI!

I am in hopes you understand why and that you could maybe, just maybe, keep a smile on your face and only post happy thoughts on this thread. After all it's all sunshine and butterflies in West Virgina!

It is all about having one thread with a good and helpful exchange of information in one place.

I'm not a mod, and obviously you can and will do what you want, but thanks in advance for your cooperation.

www.campnova.com

Old 07-23-2015, 06:33 AM   #57
Rivet Master

1968 30' Sovereign
1959 18' "Footer"
1954 22' Flying Cloud
Brussels , Wisconsin
WOW, I have avoided the WBCCI threads for months, here I am, on vacation and I run into this discussion.

Some things NEVER change....... Bad press WBCCI, just saying
59 Traveler
68 Sovereign
Ed Emerick is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-23-2015, 06:37 AM   #58
Rivet Master

1970 23' Safari
2005 30' Classic
1986 31' Sovereign
Lorain , Ohio
Those mountains sure are pretty in WV.

www.campnova.com

Old 07-23-2015, 07:50 AM   #59
Rivet Master

1962 28' Ambassador
1961 19' Globetrotter
1962 26' Overlander
Mesa , Arizona
Dan,
We support your effort here in sharing the international info. We would not make this one but hope to have at least one in our future. If just for the experience. Resubscribed ;o)

Hittenstiehl
Hittenstiehl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-23-2015, 08:52 AM   #60
Rivet Master

1994 30' Excella
alexandria , Kentucky
Thanks DanB for getting this thread back on track. If I get to attend an International - this will be the one as it isn't too far away.
I am pretty excited about the prospect of going! I believe our next unit president will have a caravan to the International. I held a week long caravan with our unit back in June and it was a blast getting to travel down the road with a bunch of other Airstreamers.
Hensley Arrow hitch with adjustable stinger
WBCCI # 3072
crispyboy is offline   Reply With Quote