Old 07-13-2015, 03:42 PM   #15
Figment of My Imagination

2012 Interstate Coach
Metairie , Louisiana
Quote:
Originally Posted by rideair View Post
I'll just use one of the three other trailers I own. If folks want to b*tch about it, I'll do a limited bill of sale giving him rights to the trailer for that week.
If you're going to do something like that, don't use names! If you do it and I know who you are, I'm honor-bound to report you for violating the membership requirements, namely that one must own an Airstream to belong to the club. Not borrow, not rent, but own.

WBCCI #1105
TAC LA-4

Engineering: Finding complex solutions to simple problems you didn't even know you had.
Protagonist is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-13-2015, 04:26 PM   #16
Rivet Master

May the reporting process begin!

Protagonist,

If someone having a "Bill of Sale" is not enough, I'll sell it to him for $1.00, put the trailer in his name for the week, he then sell's it back to me. If that's not enough, may the reporting process begin!

Enjoy,

Old 07-13-2015, 05:06 PM   #17
Rivet Master

2013 28' Flying Cloud
Central , Saskatchewan
This is a crazy discussion!

With the struggle the WBCCI is having retaining members and attracting new ones. I'm sorry but I'm "honour-bound" to question the attitude of some members who feel they have to "report" anything. It is these types of attitude that is causing many of the problem the group is now seeing. Yet the members with the attitude still sit there and wonder what happened to the club and why the attendance at things like the International is dropping like a stone. Grow up people!

rideair - Having your buddy purchase a membership and lend him a trailer should be more than enough to satisfy the powers to be. Gosh if its not, then one will not have to look to hard as to why the WBCCI is struggling...... Sheesh

WBCCI #2525 (Region-10 Unit #120)
Air #85270
Arcticfox is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-13-2015, 05:08 PM   #18

2012 Interstate Coach
Metairie , Louisiana
Quote:
Originally Posted by rideair View Post
If someone having a "Bill of Sale" is not enough, I'll sell it to him for $1.00, put the trailer in his name for the week, he then sell's it back to me. If that's not enough, may the reporting process begin!
As long as he actually owns it and not "pretend" owns it, and pays his membership dues, that's enough to comply with the WBCCI constitution and bylaws, and I've got no complaint. Whatever other hoops you jump through to make that happen is no concern of mine.

But honestly, it would have been better for all concerned if you had just gone ahead flaunted the club rules without announcing it to any and all WBCCI members here on the Forums first.
WBCCI #1105
TAC LA-4

Engineering: Finding complex solutions to simple problems you didn't even know you had.
Old 07-13-2015, 05:20 PM   #19

2012 Interstate Coach
Metairie , Louisiana
Quote:
Originally Posted by Arcticfox View Post
This is a crazy discussion!
You're right. And I'm crazy for being a part of it. But here I am, insanity and all.
Quote:
With the struggle the WBCCI is having retaining members and attracting new ones.
And how exactly is having a new member for about ten days, the duration of the 2016 International— only to have that new membership expire expire as soon as rideair takes back his trailer— going to help build membership? Even a life member is only a member as long as he owns an Airstream; all memberships expire when the person is no longer an owner, and no membership can begin until the person is an owner.
Quote:
rideair - Having your buddy purchase a membership and lend him a trailer should be more than enough to satisfy the powers to be. Gosh if its not, then one will not have to look to hard as to why the WBCCI is struggling
Put forth a motion allowing members to only have temporary use of an Airstream rather than ownership. Then we'll see how the vote goes. Maybe we'll build membership based on time-share of an Airstream, so one trailer can have 25 part-time owners who are all members… Yeah, that will be the day.
WBCCI #1105
TAC LA-4

Old 07-13-2015, 06:10 PM   #20
Rivet Master

1948 16' Wee Wind
1953 21' Flying Cloud
Denver , Colorado
One possible workaround . . .

rideair:

Before you appear at the 2016 International in West Virginia, you will have to buy a case of these to distribute among your family members, friends and guests so none of you will be recognized as Blue Book Rules Violators:
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	groucho glasses.jpg
Views:	58
Size:	77.9 KB
ID:	242889  
Fred Coldwell, WBCCI #1510, AIR #2675
Denver, Colorado - WBCCI Unit 24
Airstream Life "Old Aluminum"
Airstream Life
"From the Archives"
47WeeWind is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-13-2015, 06:11 PM   #21
Rivet Master

2013 28' Flying Cloud
Central , Saskatchewan
Quote:
Originally Posted by Protagonist View Post
And how exactly is having a new member for about ten days, the duration of the 2016 International— only to have that new membership expire expire as soon as rideair takes back his trailer— going to help build membership?
Gee I don't know - maybe giving someone access to the "good of a group" and you may actually see more people join and the group grow..... Oh sorry we cannot have that happen we actually might move the group forward.....

Quote:
Originally Posted by Protagonist View Post
Maybe we'll build membership based on time-share of an Airstream, so one trailer can have 25 part-time owners who are all members… Yeah, that will be the day.
Your day has come....

With the price of the new trailers being what they are, we might very well be there already! Does a joint ownership arrangement somehow make those people less worthy of membership? Is your attitude so elitist that joint ownership is not acceptable. Then my guess is you will get what you wish for....

What will be next - financed units will not be allowed either? Technically a financed unit is not actually owned by the member. (think loss payable)
I guess those people should not be members either?........

At the end of the day its all about the attitude....

Air #85270
Old 07-13-2015, 06:11 PM   #22
Rivet Master

2013 28' Flying Cloud
Central , Saskatchewan
Quote:
Originally Posted by 47WeeWind View Post
rideair:

Before you appear at the 2016 International in West Virginia, you will have to buy a case of these to distribute among your family members, friends and guests so none of you will be recognized as Blue Book Rules Violators:
That is to funny.......... Well done!

Air #85270
Old 07-13-2015, 06:45 PM   #23

2012 Interstate Coach
Metairie , Louisiana
Quote:
Originally Posted by Arcticfox View Post
Does a joint ownership arrangement somehow make those people less worthy of membership?
The rules already allow joint ownership by two people who aren't related by blood or marriage, but no more than two unrelated people per Airstream. There are some folks in my unit who are joint owners. I don't have a problem with that. If anyone wants to allow fractional ownership smaller than 50% to qualify for membership, there is a parliamentary procedure to allow the motion to be brought before the membership for a vote. Until then, 50% ownership is the smallest fraction.

I do have an "elistist" attitude in one respect; the club is made up of Airstream owners, and if we allow non-owners to join, it degrades the value of being an owner and a member of WBCCI. Remember a few years ago, some life members wanted to trade their Airstreams for Thor Class A motorhomes and stay in the club? That motion was defeated— more than once— in favor of only allowing Airstream owners to be WBCCI members. I'd like to see it stay defeated and not entertain yet another way of allowing non-owners into the club.

My objection to rideair's scheme is that he is trying to come up with a means of getting this "Tater" fellow into the 2016 International through the scheme of a temporary membership by playing fast and loose with the club rules. Especially when it's not necessary.

I've already indicated that it's possible to attend the International as a guest, without being a member of WBCCI. I'm sure Rideair could loan Tater one of his trailers and let him attend as Rideair's guest, without the fiction of "selling" him the trailer for a dollar and having him join the club for two weeks, only to have it all go away when rideair takes the trailer back.

I'm not sure exactly how rideair would go about getting Tater registered as a guest; I just know a friend of mine did it for the 2015 International, and his guest was a non-owner and non-member.

I've said all I'm going to say on the matter. Rideair, if you want to have the last word, now's the time.
WBCCI #1105
TAC LA-4

Old 07-13-2015, 06:49 PM   #24
Rivet Master

1961 24' Tradewind
1969 29' Ambassador
1970 21' Globetrotter
Jamestown , Tennessee
at past rallies I have encountered the badge police, the flag police the number display police and the water drip police. So far the proper title and ownership police have not been seen.
99 Dodge TD 577K miles

RickDavis is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-13-2015, 07:09 PM   #25

2012 Interstate Coach
Metairie , Louisiana
Quote:
Originally Posted by RickDavis View Post
at past rallies I have encountered the badge police, the flag police the number display police and the water drip police. So far the proper title and ownership police have not been seen.
Unfortunately the badge policewoman is in my unit, and I have to pony up a dollar every time I attend any WBCCI function without my badge. On multi-day functions such as rallies that's a dollar every day, not just once per rally. It's very annoying, but the money collected goes to our "Cents for Kids" charity, so I endure.

I don't intend to become the "title and ownership" police. The nice ladies at Jackson Center should take care of that before they issue a membership badge and trailer number. Anyone who shows up at the International and is properly registered— as a member or a guest— will get no grief from me.
WBCCI #1105
TAC LA-4

Old 07-13-2015, 08:38 PM   #26
Rivet Master

In line at the DMV

Protagonist,

Tater and I are currently in line at the DMV to make sure everything is correct (can you guess which ones we are?). Based on the current line, it might take until July to get the correct paperwork in place in order to meet your demands. In the event that we can not get it done in time, we will take your advice and not use names (not that Tater is his real name) when filling out the paperwork for his membership. He could maybe use the name John Doe, John Deere or John "who the crap" Cares.

He has been talking about buying an Airstream trailer (he has even looked at a few) but cannot afford to purchase even a $2,000.00 piece of junk to fix up. I was just trying to help out a friend, show him a good time and let him see the fun that can be had and let the club stick another $500.00 in their pocket to boot!

He will find a trailer someday. At that time, he'll ask about signing up to the WBCCI, I'll be sure to show him your input to read before doing so. My guess, he unlike myself will say "Screw That".

I will say this, every now and again I run across someone in this club that makes me ask "Why do I stay a member?". I want to thank you for being that person this year.

Enjoy,
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	DMVline.jpg
Views:	56
Size:	191.7 KB
ID:	242906  
Old 07-13-2015, 09:05 PM   #27
Rivet Master

1970 23' Safari
2005 30' Classic
1986 31' Sovereign
Lorain , Ohio
I suspect Dawn and I will need many dollars if flag, numbers, badge, and rules police are out in force! I think I'll just carry rolls of pennies!
Proud Member of the Wally Byam Airstream Club #24260

www.campnova.com

The “Ohio Airstreamer -- Informal forum for weekend camping” thread.
DanB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-13-2015, 09:07 PM   #28
Rivet Master

1970 23' Safari
2005 30' Classic
1986 31' Sovereign
Lorain , Ohio
Maybe I'll start a committee that anyone that fines me while wearing a beret owes me $5 to be donated to the "step in the new millennium" fund.

Proud Member of the Wally Byam Airstream Club #24260

www.campnova.com

The “Ohio Airstreamer -- Informal forum for weekend camping” thread.
DanB is offline   Reply With Quote