Old 06-29-2016, 07:26 PM   #155
Rivet Master

Southwestern , Ohio
How 'bout you WBCCI naysayers go to the Lewisburg rally site

http://lewisburg.wbcci.net/

and see what WBCCI is doing at Lewisburg.

I realize that it may challenge your cherished misconceptions.

Old 06-30-2016, 04:17 AM   #156
Figment of My Imagination

2012 Interstate Coach
Metairie , Louisiana
Quote:
Originally Posted by Nuvite-F View Post
How 'bout you WBCCI naysayers go to the Lewisburg rally site

http://lewisburg.wbcci.net/

and see what WBCCI is doing at Lewisburg.

I realize that it may challenge your cherished misconceptions.
AWCHIEF is at Lewisburg and has no cherished misconceptions. And all of the good that WBCCI is doing at Lewisburg does not excuse the fact that some WBCCI members have voiced complaints that were overheard by members of the general public even if the comments might not have been meant for the public's ears.

Those WBCCI members who are doing good works, keep it up. But those who have anything negative to say about the local community, please remember that there is no such thing as a private conversation in a public place.

Maybe it's because I'm from New Orleans and we've lived through our own natural disasters— and dealt with our own litany of complaints from outsiders both during and after— but I'm actually quite impressed with the way the good people of West Virginia have handled their tribulations. And I'm embarrassed by those few fellow WBCCI members who have the unmitigated gall to complain about the conditions in Lewisburg in front of people who might be worse off than themselves.

WBCCI #1105
TAC LA-4

Engineering: Finding complex solutions to simple problems you didn't even know you had.
Protagonist is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-30-2016, 05:52 AM   #157
Rivet Master

Vintage Kin Owner
Nowhere , Somewhere
Pro, thanks for the post.
Old 06-30-2016, 06:09 AM   #158
Rivet Master

2006 23' Safari SE
Biloxi , Mississippi
The outpouring of support by those attending the rally for those effected by the storm is amazing. Monetary, supplies and labor continue to be given daily. It makes me proud to be part of this organization. The Fair Grounds is a staging area for supplies coming into the area. Several semi trucks full are arriving daily. Teams of members are assisting in unloading and preparing those supplies for distribution. Others are providing hard labor in helping the effected clean up their homes and businesses. Fund raising events are held daily. The people of Lewisburg and the surrounding area are bending over backwards to make us all feel welcome to their beautiful state. Local news cast have been very positive about the WBCCI and all the efforts made by members to do what ever they can to assist those effected.
Old 06-30-2016, 06:13 AM   #159
Rivet Master

Vintage Kin Owner
Nowhere , Somewhere
That's good news. good job, people.
Old 06-30-2016, 06:55 AM   #160
Rivets?

1992 29' Excella
Van By The River , Georgia
We met a local gentleman yesterday at the Habitat for Humanity office. He closed his pizza food truck and is helping other people - cutting tree limbs, moving furniture, etc. He thanked us ( 4 Airstreamers) for taking time to help clean out the Habitat offices.

So where's his food truck? His regular location is right at the entrance to the fairgrounds. Hundreds of Airstreamers walk past his closed food truck every day. Instead of focusing on making money he's spending his time helping others. The local community, as well as the temporary community of Aistreamers, is pulling together to dig out of this disaster.
2005 Chevrolet Suburban K2500 8.1L
Got a cooped-up feeling, gotta get out of town, got those Airstream campin' blues...
nvestysly is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-01-2016, 11:10 AM   #161
Rivet Master

Currently Looking...
Nellysford , Virginia
First International - Now It's Official <grin>

http://name.airstream.com/caravan/silver-otter

We've had a most pleasant time at the International, our first, and will go to others. These are "salt-of-the-earth" people. We enjoy being with many of them. We even learned we can "register" our name with Airstream Corporate and so I did.

We find the fun, and skip the rest. Happy 'streaming to all.
TAC VA-18 | WBCCI 1927 - Unit 149 | AIR 53869
https://www.linkedin.com/in/gheuer
Silver Otter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-02-2016, 05:20 AM   #162
Rivet Master

2006 23' Safari SE
Biloxi , Mississippi
I have enjoyed myself so much at this years International that yesterday I registered for 2017 Escanaba, MI.
Old 07-02-2016, 10:16 AM   #163
Rivet Master

1961 24' Tradewind
1969 29' Ambassador
1970 21' Globetrotter
Jamestown , Tennessee

First off let me say that overall this has been one of the best run rallies I have attended.
Now that i have said that here is my complaint which hopefully will be read by the officers and addressed at the next rally.

We arrived late on the 26th and were parked on the 27th, missing the "stealth" rally (see post 104) that started on the 24th and which we knew nothing about.
After parking and a bout of food poisoning I attempted to sign up for various activities. According to the program the sign up tables were open for days BEFORE the start of the rally but only a day or 2 after the official start.
I was able to sign up for the flea market but by the time I realized the need for a second sticker for Carol a day later there was no one to be found. I spent several hours chasing people and only with the help of friends was able to get signed up for the radio club dinner meeting and I am still chasing people about region picnics.

Now I fully understand that people don't want to spend there whole rally sitting under a hot and too small tent at sign up tables. I wouldn't either.

However only one of the unmanned tables have as much as a contact number or name on them
There needs to be a way to contact these people so that many hours do not need to spent trying to find out who to see or how to contact them. Some it seems are even staying off site making the locator board useless.
Next year lets see if the various activities could tape contact info to the tables when they are unmanned
99 Dodge TD 577K miles

RickDavis is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-02-2016, 03:01 PM   #164
Rivet Master

Vintage Kin Owner
Nowhere , Somewhere
Sorry for your problems, but wouldn't be better to contact the club or your unit rather than Airforums for tnis info. I'm sure someone on here will help but I would think going to the source would be better.glad you had a good time.
Old 07-02-2016, 05:03 PM   #165
Rivet Master

1961 24' Tradewind
1969 29' Ambassador
1970 21' Globetrotter
Jamestown , Tennessee
Quote:
Originally Posted by avionstream View Post
Sorry for your problems, but wouldn't be better to contact the club or your unit rather than Airforums for tnis info. I'm sure someone on here will help but I would think going to the source would be better.glad you had a good time.
I have mentioned it to those I could find but most of the officers also read Airforums so it is an additional viable contact means..Since there are so many different sign up tables under so many different people or committees a policy solution really needs to come from on high. The problem is not on the unit level. On the region level thus far my e mails regarding signing up for the picnic have brought no response.. It will all work out in the end.
99 Dodge TD 577K miles

RickDavis is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-04-2016, 07:08 PM   #166
Rivet Master

2006 23' Safari SE
Biloxi , Mississippi
Over $40,000 was raised by those attending the 2016 International for the folks affected by the storm and massive flooding. Plus hundreds of hours of much needed labor. Local news coverage has been nothing but positive about the rally and those attending.
Old 07-04-2016, 07:13 PM   #167
Rivet Master

2012 27' Flying Cloud
W , New England
Quote:
Originally Posted by AWCHIEF View Post
Over $40,000 was raised by those attending the 2016 International for the folks affected by the storm and massive flooding. Plus hundreds of hours of much needed labor. Local news coverage has been nothing but positive about the rally and those attending.

Awesome. Just awesome.
Old 07-04-2016, 07:34 PM   #168
Rivet Master
Commercial Member

1993 34' Excella
York , South Carolina
Susan and I are very proud to be here and part of this great group of folks.

WBCCI #3892
Region 3 , 1st VP

Go often to the house of a friend, for weeds choke the unused path........Emerson

Never pick a fight with an old man. If he is too old to fight he will just kill you........a wise old man.
sandlapper is offline   Reply With Quote