Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Airstream Forums > Airstream Community Forums > Clubs, Organizations & Associations > WBCCI Forum
Click Here to Login
Register Vendors FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search Log in

Old 08-29-2017, 09:05 AM   #61
Rivet Master

2014 27' Flying Cloud
Viera , Florida
Hi Lauri,

I echo what Blue Peral and TBRich said above. I live in Viera and am a member of the WBCCI Florida Airstream Club. We have lots of rallies around the area and State of Florida. Or next is at Crystal River in September. You can find all the information on our website.

We have four members from Titusville, and one of them is planning a rally there next year. As an organized club, we do have to conduct some business, but that is a small part of the International Rally in Oregon (and an even smaller part of the Region and local club rallies). The biggest part is the seminars, vendors, and just getting to know your fellow club members from all over the country. Plus, you have the opportunity to travel and see this great country on the way to Oregon.

I share your disappointment on caravans. We are trying to get more caravan leaders, so there are more options for members. It took me four years to get on the Alaska caravan, but it was well worth the wait.

Randy
2014 27FB Flying Cloud - SilverCabin II
2018 F-150 Platinum - unnamed

The best part of any trip is when you pull away from home.
SilverCabin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-29-2017, 09:48 AM   #62
Figment of My Imagination

2012 Interstate Coach
From All Over , More Than Anywhere Else
Personally, I may never end up going on a caravan. I can't plan my life around "Two years from now I might be able to go if enough people ahead of me cancel." But that's okay. I'm not really a "follow the leader" type anyway, and I didn't join WBCCI for the caravans.

I joined WBCCI because when I bought my Airstream, I didn't know anyone who was interested in the RVing lifestyle. The only guy I knew who owned an RV had a 5th wheel that was permanently parked at his fishing camp. WBCCI introduced me to people in my area and all across the country who shared my interest in Airstreams and RV camping.

And the members— mostly WBCCI old-timers— who tell me "It's all about the caravans," well, I just ignore them and go about my merry way, sometimes solo camping, sometimes attending rallies, but always enjoying myself and my Airstream.

On my next trip, next month, I'm attending a WBCCI rally, solo camping, attending an AirForums rally, and solo camping again, all before I get back home. Who needs caravans?
Old 08-31-2017, 08:08 PM   #63
Jay Thompson

2009 34' Classic
Tallahassee, , Florida
The Canadian Rocky Mountain caravan has just been announced and they have several openings!!! Go to the caravan website "wbccicaravans.wbcci.net". Go to 2018 caravans and contact Deane and Judy Collinson. They will be glad to sign you up and you can go in 2018. Do not delay as this caravan will fill rapidly!
jaydthompson is offline   Reply With Quote