Old 01-13-2012, 06:58 PM   #29
Rivet Master

Paul, what are you complaining about. Its only 12 hr from your area to DuQuoin and you didnt go. Its 15 hours to Sedalia, are you going? If not, stop your carping about locations.

Coloradobus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-13-2012, 09:18 PM   #30
Rivet Master

Seven Years!

Jim,

Did Burlington VT (11hr), Springfield MO (17hr) and Perry GA (12hr) and since I only get 10 days off a year, with a 10 year child now, one must decided if they want to spend most of that vacation going to the International rally that will take a couple of days to get too. For me, knowing what is offered for the average family I'm not willing to make that choice nor are many other families because of the distance that live here on the EC.

At one time, it appeared they would alter the International site, east coast, mid-west, west yet appears that has not and will not be happening for sometime. The last east-coast was Perry GA in 2007 if memory is correct. I understand the thought by having it in the mid-west is equal driving as Shari points out for west/east coast folks but it appears that thought reduces the numbers that will come to the International rally based on the numbers that attend.

I'm glad you like the locations, I hope you've had fun and sorry if you think I'm "carping" about the locations. Just pointing out it has now/will be "7 years" since we've had an International Rally here on the East Coast so I don't that its "carping" pointing out that fact. If you do, oh well.

I personally was wishing since Barry was from Region 2 it would have been in the PA area (his home Unit) and was looking forward to going like many other WBCCI members I talked with about the subject at the time.

I'll wait and see what happens in 2015 by then we maybe the THOR Caravan Club anyway and when that happens, I won't be a member which may make some folks wish come true!

Enjoy your trip to Sedalia,

Old 01-13-2012, 09:43 PM   #31
Rivet Master

No, i am not thrilled with gillette again. Its a mining town. Dont know why they r going back there, we would like something east simply for new scenery. The problem we have found setting up a rally is possibly what is driving agillette rally, is many places dont want to commit rallies during peak season and thar may drive regular annual campers away, we,like you would wish for more diverse locations for new things to do, we may not go to gillette just because we have been there b 4
Old 01-15-2012, 07:44 PM   #32
Rivet Master

1968 30' Sovereign
1959 18' "Footer"
1954 22' Flying Cloud
Brussels , Wisconsin
I sort of agree........

Quote:
Originally Posted by rideair View Post
Jim,

For me, knowing what is offered for the average family

I'm glad you like the locations, I hope you've had fun and sorry if you think I'm "carping" about the locations.

I'll wait and see what happens in 2015.......
Paul,
I sort of agree...

The key here is that both of us have limited vacation time because we still have to work. But even though I am much closer to these locations than you are I am not willing to waste my vacation at these poor at best, vacation destinations. Let's face it, Huron SD, I've seen the World's Largest Pheasant, that's about the limit of what this location has to offer. Then you have Gillette, WY, again, and what a DUMP that place is. Oh ya I know they have the Camplex and all the aminities it brings , but look at the area around you. I have seen my share of coal mines and transient workers. Not my idea of a vacation destination.

Now before the rest of you WBBCCIers start to flame me (and remember I'm one of you), I have been to 12 Internationals done the seminars, the parades (hell, one time I was dressed as a Badger in one), the 4th picnic, and I don't know how many Happy Hours the many bitch about, but these two future locations offer NOTHING as a vacation destination. These are places that the old people can go to to sit and play cards for 7 days, that's about it.

I'm so bummed that someone can't get a little more progressive and find a place that will draw those of us that want to go to an International that is a vacation destination.

Me, I'm vacationing where the fun is, and KS, SD and WY is not on my travel itinerary over the next 3 years.

And Paul,from what I am seeing 2015 will be at a Superfund site.....
59 Traveler
68 Sovereign
Ed Emerick is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-16-2012, 05:43 AM   #33
Rivet Master

1961 24' Tradewind
1969 29' Ambassador
1970 21' Globetrotter
Jamestown , Tennessee
Unlike the posts above we do have the time and prefer to go to the middle of nowhere, low population areas. ( we don't play cards either)
In our case we are not willing to pay an extra $200 for hookups we neither want or need for a 7 day stop..

I guess the end result is the same though. We won't be going either.
99 Dodge TD 577K miles

RickDavis is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-16-2012, 09:45 AM   #34
Rivet Master

Southwestern , Ohio
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ed Emerick View Post
Now before the rest of you WBBCCIers start to flame me (and remember I'm one of you), I have been to 12 Internationals done the seminars, the parades (hell, one time I was dressed as a Badger in one), the 4th picnic, and I don't know how many Happy Hours. . .
As a public service, for inquiring minds who want to know, here's a picture of Ed in a badger costume! (Could be worse, he could have been dressed as an ice cream cone.)

Quote:
And Paul,from what I am seeing 2015 will be at a Superfund site.....
What--Love Canal 2015?!
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	Badger_1.jpg
Views:	66
Size:	61.6 KB
ID:	149002   Click image for larger version

Name:	Badger_2.jpg
Views:	67
Size:	40.3 KB
ID:	149003  

Old 01-16-2012, 05:56 PM   #35
Rivet Master

1968 30' Sovereign
1959 18' "Footer"
1954 22' Flying Cloud
Brussels , Wisconsin
Wow

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nuvite-F View Post

As a public service, for inquiring minds who want to know, here's a picture of Ed in a badger costume! (Could be worse, he could have been dressed as an ice cream cone.)

What--Love Canal 2015?!
And that thing was hot as hell! The things we all do for the betterment of the club!
59 Traveler
68 Sovereign
Ed Emerick is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-18-2012, 07:46 PM   #36
4 Rivet Member

1967 30' Sovereign
Leavenworth , Kansas
Well, here I sit in the midwest, just about 2 hours from Sedalia, and I feel your pain. We have the opposite problem. We want to go farther away and see the scenery, but last year and this year, it's just been a short drive. I agree with Shari in that I think they are trying to make it even for everyone. Don Clark was originally supposed to have next year's in Shawnee, Oklahoma, but lost it because it wasn't approved in time. And you say OKLAHOMA? There are many beautiful spots in Oklahoma, but I've been there too.
Our drive to Gillette a couple years ago was beautiful. We had never been to that area of the country because of the distance, but since we are retired now, were able to do that. I know that you are very limited on time while working, so I understand your concerns in that area. I had a First Timer ask me last year why the international couldn't be divided in some way to allow working folks to come for five days instead of the entire 10. I am hoping that the IBT will consider this in the future.
Also, the electronic transfer of information has come up on this thread. If I remember right, part of the new proposed constitution addresses the possibility of electronic notices to members. It's in the part that does away with delegates meetings. Better read through that one again.

67 Sovereign, double bed, rear bath-"Moby"
2005 Dodge Ram 2500 Hemi, Quad Cab-"Ahab"
"Vintage trailer, vintage owners"
silver 67 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-18-2012, 11:03 PM   #37
Rivet Master

The VAC agenda states on vintage airstream sight says we arrive June 23, Concours and openhouse 24th. The schedule is front loaded, so we'll arrive the 23rd and head for home the 29th- days for us
Old 01-19-2012, 05:49 AM   #38
Rivet Master

1961 24' Tradewind
1969 29' Ambassador
1970 21' Globetrotter
Jamestown , Tennessee
I wonder if those dates are not an error since the official rally dates are 6/27 thru 7/4?
Normally in the past the VAC has arrived on or about the 26th. Certainly would put a time crunch on those with limited vacation
99 Dodge TD 577K miles

RickDavis is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-19-2012, 10:11 AM   #39
owensLander

1966 26' Overlander
1958 18' "Footer"
1963 16' Bambi
Chattanooga , Tennessee
I hope it is a mistake because we will have to cancel if the schedule is correct as listed. We are interested only in the Vintage parade , open house and vintage activities. Parade should be on the 26th or 27th and the open house the next day. My hope is it will be changed!
1963 Bambi
owenslander is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-19-2012, 11:18 AM   #40
Rivet Master

Rick,
Past VAC Presidents have voiced concerns to the IBT that the IBT seminar or other events coincided with VAC events, like the Parade or Open House, leaving some VAC personnel out of the event. The schedule change was made by the IBT to accomodate those concerns.
The dates are NOT a mistake.
Rendezvous June 22, 2012 in Columbia Mo for Pre-rally Caravan and mansion tour the 23rd on the way to Sedalia, upon arrival to Bull Pen set up for parading into the fairgrounds where we will be parked.
Concours D'Elegance and Open House on the 24th.
Start to make your plans for the 2012 International Rally in Sedalia , Missouri
The Vintage Airstream Club will be rendezvousing at the Cottonwood RV Park in Columbia , Missouri starting the afternoon June 22nd 2012. To make life easier for all weary from traveling, we will provide a picnic dinner. Starting early on June 23rd, we will caravan to California , Missouri for a tour of the Eitzen historic mansion and a brunch provided by Region 12. Built in 1898 by Charles A. Eitzen, this home has 19 rooms and nine fireplaces. The home still has the original slate roof, a carriage house and stable, with a room for the coachman. The home remained in the Eitzen family until 1952. Since then, it has seen many uses and is now again a private residence. Through all of the homes changes, remarkably, the original fireplaces, woodwork and beautiful main staircase with its ornate woodwork remained intact.
Immediately following the brunch and tour, we will continue our caravan to Sedalia , Missouri where we will enter the bull pen. We are scheduled to arrive at the bull pen sometime around 2:30pm at which time we will erect our flags and parade through the fairgrounds and then be parked in the Vintage parking area. For those folks not participating in the caravan but want to join us in the parade, you must be in the bull pen no later then 2:30pm where you will bring up the rear of our caravan. The Vintage Airstream Club open house and Concourse de Elegance are scheduled for the afternoon of Sunday June 24. There will be a limited amount of spaces available for the rendezvous and caravan so make your reservations early. To be included, I need to receive your registration form and a check which includes one nights stay and a picnic dinner for $33.00 per trailer no later then May 15th, 2012. In case you need to cancel, I will refund your money if I receive your cancelation by June 1st. 2012. You must also register separately for the International Rally. Registration forms for the International Rally can be found at www.wbcci.org.
Old 02-04-2012, 12:10 PM   #41
4 Rivet Member

1998 31' Excella 1000
1979 23' Safari
Mooresville , Indiana
Recordings are now online

The recordings for the 2012 Winter IBT meeting are now online, including the meetings that where not streamed due to streaming technical issues.

http://wbcci.org/index.cfm?pageSRC=I...Live_Broadcast

Damon