Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 01-03-2012, 02:50 PM   #1
Rivet Master

1993 34' Excella
1962 16' Bambi
New Haven , Connecticut
2012 Membership Directory

The new 2012 Member Directory arrived today. All is in order except for the new size. The club decided to dedicate the Jan issue of the Blue Beret as the "2012 Membership Edition" (8.5x11). My only gripe is where to stow the directory in my tow vehicle???? The previous editions fit in my glove box nicely. The new version not so much. I guess the seat back pockets will have to do. We'll have see how it holds up over the course of the year.
Old 01-03-2012, 04:23 PM   #2
Rivet Master

1968 30' Sovereign
1959 18' "Footer"
1954 22' Flying Cloud
Brussels , Wisconsin
Savings

I like it and the $12,000 it is to save the club. In the seat pocket is where it will go, if it even makes it into the vehicle. I never seem to be able to remember to put it in the truck each year................
59 Traveler
68 Sovereign
Ed Emerick is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-03-2012, 05:05 PM   #3
Rivet Master

I think the format is great. You don't have to fight the binding to see the right hand page. Its off to back-of-the-seat-pocket it goes. Have you noticed the age of the folks on the back cover photo? All of a younger age group, and must be who Airstream is marketing too.
‘62 Overlander 26 ft. ATW Yeager trailer #5289
"62 Airstream 22ft. ATW Hall trailer #83,’90 SQ Sream, ‘06 Bambi Q/S, Prevost Featherlite 45ft, GMC/ Bigfoot camper
Coloradobus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-03-2012, 06:25 PM   #4
Rivet Master

1977 31' Sovereign
1963 26' Overlander
1989 34' Excella
Johnsburg , Illinois
I think the larger font in the new directory is intended for us old folks, who have a problem reading the little print in the old directories. I think we also need to market to the younger folks also, if we are intending to keep the club vital. I think the new format is good, and it saves us $12,000. Why didn't we do this years ago?
dwightdi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-03-2012, 07:21 PM   #5
Rivet Master

1977 27' Overlander
1954 25' Cruiser
1990 34.5' Airstream 345
VC Highlands , Nevada
Send a message via Skype™ to Buttercup
Personally, I would love to see it on line for registered, authenticated members of WBCCI. When we are on the road, we are on line wherever we have a signal. Looking up a number would be handy!!
Buttercup's Web Site. WBCCI #17330, 11281 & 7830. VAC Past President, TAC NV-2 & NV-3
Buttercup is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-03-2012, 07:48 PM   #6
Rivets?

1992 29' Excella
2010 22' Interstate
Van By The River , Georgia
Great Idea...

Quote:
Originally Posted by Buttercup View Post
Personally, I would love to see it on line for registered, authenticated members of WBCCI. When we are on the road, we are on line wherever we have a signal. Looking up a number would be handy!!
Member: Hey, it's the 21st century - how about a smartphone App? While we're at it, how about renewing online and paying with PayPal or a credit card? Oh and another thing... how about updating the web site so members can obtain up to date information about rallies and caravans. Gee, the web site could even allow members to make suggestions to improve the club.

Int'l: Whoa! Hold your horses now parder - that's getting a little too trendy! If it's not printed, and sent via USPS we don't want it. If it ain't broke don't fix it!

Member: Doh, I forgot, this is WBCCI. What was I thinkin'? Here's my signed check, sent via snail mail. I'll get back in line sir, read my little blue book, and hope there are still openings for the rally I want to attend.

Back to the OP. I forgot to renew my membership until today. So I won't be receiving the book/directory for a while. I'll just have to wait and see what the fabulous printed information looks like.

Lucius
nvestysly is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-03-2012, 08:42 PM   #7
3 Rivet Member

2004 25' Safari
1971 27' Overlander
1957 22' Caravanner
Jourdanton , Texas
The post office mangled the front and back covers of ours. I do like the larger print.
Paula
pienjim is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-03-2012, 10:20 PM   #8
Rivet Master

1977 27' Overlander
1954 25' Cruiser
1990 34.5' Airstream 345
VC Highlands , Nevada
Lucius,

Actually, I think you will see most of the things on your list soon - real soon (renewing will take a little longer). New site is on the way, manned by all WBCCI volonteers (the way it should be). And that change is fully supported by the leadership. It will save the club a ton of money.

Quote:
Originally Posted by nvestysly View Post
Member: Hey, it's the 21st century - how about a smartphone App? While we're at it, how about renewing online and paying with PayPal or a credit card? Oh and another thing... how about updating the web site so members can obtain up to date information about rallies and caravans. Gee, the web site could even allow members to make suggestions to improve the club.

Int'l: Whoa! Hold your horses now parder - that's getting a little too trendy! If it's not printed, and sent via USPS we don't want it. If it ain't broke don't fix it!

Member: Doh, I forgot, this is WBCCI. What was I thinkin'? Here's my signed check, sent via snail mail. I'll get back in line sir, read my little blue book, and hope there are still openings for the rally I want to attend.

Back to the OP. I forgot to renew my membership until today. So I won't be receiving the book/directory for a while. I'll just have to wait and see what the fabulous printed information looks like.

Lucius
Buttercup's Web Site. WBCCI #17330, 11281 & 7830. VAC Past President, TAC NV-2 & NV-3
Old 01-03-2012, 10:30 PM   #9
Rivet Master

Our Beaver Ambassador Club ( Beaver Motorcoach Club, and you have to have a Beaver Coach to belong, fiberglass or stainless) membership directory has been "on-line" for two years, now.

Click image for larger version

Name:	pic%20091.jpg
Views:	243
Size:	102.3 KB
ID:	148272
"62 Airstream 22ft. ATW Hall trailer #83,’90 SQ Sream, ‘06 Bambi Q/S, Prevost Featherlite 45ft, GMC/ Bigfoot camper
Old 01-04-2012, 07:26 AM   #10
Rivet Master

1970 23' Safari
2005 30' Classic
1986 31' Sovereign
Lorain , Ohio
Renewel and new memberships can be done online and paid for via credit card or PayPal thru NOVA if you desire.

Proud Member of the Wally Byam Airstream Club #24260

www.campnova.com

The “Ohio Airstreamer -- Informal forum for weekend camping” thread.
DanB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-04-2012, 09:08 AM   #11
Antiquepedaler

2010 25' FB Flying Cloud
Currently Looking...
Laramie , Wyoming
Quote:
Originally Posted by Coloradobus View Post
Our Beaver Ambassador Club ( Beaver Motorcoach Club, and you have to have a Beaver Coach to belong, fiberglass or stainless) membership directory has been "on-line" for two years, now.

Attachment 148272
A new addition?
Old 01-04-2012, 05:34 PM   #12
Rivet Master

Cherie, we have had this coach over 2 years. Sold the 45 footer after we bought this one.
Old 01-04-2012, 06:00 PM   #13
Master of Universe

2008 25' Safari FB SE
Grand Junction , Colorado
How many members are left?

Gene
Gene is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-04-2012, 06:58 PM   #14
Rivet Master

1965 17' Caravel
1983 27' Excella
Walnut Grove/Laguna Woods , California
Send a message via Yahoo to Jim Foster
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ed Emerick View Post
I like it and the $12,000 it is to save the club. In the seat pocket is where it will go, if it even makes it into the vehicle. I never seem to be able to remember to put it in the truck each year................
We would rather they save the $12,000 somewhere else and keep the old format which fit nicely into the door pocket. Putting it in the pocket behind the seat is a poor option when you are going down the road and want to look up a number you see while under way.

Ours also had the front cover torn to pieces by the post office.

Very disappointed. We will just use last year's.
Past President, El Camino Real Unit WBCCI#6620
Street Rod Builder (see avatar)
Kite flier (check out links below)
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Bp3nuNtlZcA&t=331s
https://www.youtube.com/my_videos?feature=mhee
Jim Foster is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-04-2012, 11:36 PM   #15
Rivet Master

1962 22' Safari
2016 30' Classic
Southeast , Michigan
The new version looks nice and thankfully the caravan listings are back in this years edition after being removed as a cost savings in 2011. We were concerned about whether the covers would make it thru the mail intact, but since we pay extra for first class postage it arrived on Christmas eve in great shape. It is unfortunate that we have had to do 1st class postage for over a year now because all of our Blue Berets were each arriving about a month late with mangled covers. That didn't start until about 2 years ago - before that they used to arrive without damage and in a timely fashion. Maybe our Blue Beret was a victim of US Post Office cost cutting.

I just wish we could still purchase (at extra cost) the optional spiral bound editions in the smaller size. We used to get one every year because they were easier to use than the glue bound standard edition. And the smaller size makes for easier stowage in both the Airstream and tow vehicle.
WBCCI/VAC #702 & #6768

66Overlander is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-05-2012, 03:28 PM   #16
4 Rivet Member

1963 24' Tradewind
Anderson / Sun City , Indiana / Arizona
I cast a vote for a pdf format or App that I can have on my MacBook, iPad, or iPhone. I am tired of having so much paper to lug around. It wouldn't take a Freshman computer science major 2 hours to scan the entire directory and put it on the website to download.

Maybe the folks in the motorhomes with the underbay storage lockers have forgotten that Wally didn't intend for us to carry a lot of "stuff" in an Airstream.

This project should take little time or money to complete. As Larry the Cable Guy says "GetErDun"
WBCCI #1200
Grand Master is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-05-2012, 03:54 PM   #17
Rivets?

1992 29' Excella
2010 22' Interstate
Van By The River , Georgia
Some sort of electronic database that provides an app interface. The data could be sorted by name, WBCCI number, etc. You wouldn't need three or four different sections of a directory pre-sorted in different sequences. The data would simply be accessed with the app and sorted however you want it.

Just think... as members are added (yes, new members join from time to time) the data would be available immediately.

Looking for courtesy parking? Why thumb through pages when all you have to do is select the "nearby" (use current location) button.

The possibilities are nearly endless! Why is the WBCCI stuck in this printed, dark-ages period? I'd love to submit this in a courteous manner as a suggestion to WBCCI. Oh yeah, that's right, the WBCCI doesn't have an online forum. Hmmm... guess I'd have to bring it up to the unit president, the unit would have to vote, the region V.P. would be involved, it would be tabled a time or two.... ARRRRGGGGGGGGGHHHHHHHHHH!!!!!!!!!!!!

What gives?

So as it stands now, I will not see a directory for several months. My check is in snail mail, the unit will send the information to headquarters, at some point I'll receive the new directory, but my information will not be in the directory. Granted, it's my fault that I did not renew "in time." But why does there have to be a "time?" Why isn't the time now and the database is updated as needed.

I really do like WBCCI and we plan to remain members but this is certainly a difficult club to deal with.
nvestysly is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-05-2012, 05:13 PM   #18
Rivet Master

1968 30' Sovereign
1959 18' "Footer"
1954 22' Flying Cloud
Brussels , Wisconsin
Well.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jim Foster View Post
We would rather they save the $12,000 somewhere else and keep the old format which fit nicely into the door pocket. Putting it in the pocket behind the seat is a poor option when you are going down the road and want to look up a number you see while under way.

Ours also had the front cover torn to pieces by the post office.

Very disappointed. We will just use last year's.
Hmmm, Mine came in undamaged, cover is fine. I guess the postal employees in WI do a better job than CA! For $12,000 I can ask the wife to reach around the seat and get it. Then again I have never really cared "who" is going the other way but I do care that its an AIRSTREAM! I guess numbers mean nothing to me anymore.......
59 Traveler
68 Sovereign
Ed Emerick is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-06-2012, 11:45 AM   #19
Rivet Master

1977 27' Overlander
1954 25' Cruiser
1990 34.5' Airstream 345
VC Highlands , Nevada
2 of our 3 directories arrived in perfect condition. Where is the 3rd one???
Old 01-06-2012, 11:53 AM   #20
Rivet Master

1998 31' Excella 1000
1979 23' Safari
Mooresville , Indiana
Mine arrive undamaged, but I was surprised that is was not taped shut, I thought that was a post office requirement now, but maybe that is only for first class delivery.

I like the new format, you can read it much better with the larger font, and it still fits in the glove box.

Damon
damonbeals is offline   Reply With Quote