Old 02-02-2011, 11:05 AM   #351
Rivet Master

2007 23' International CCD
Lapeer , Michigan
Who speaks for me, not Bob, or MNY? Voting "no" in not unAmerican or spiteful contrary to the comments I have been reading in this thread lately. I believe this is where Save Wally came in several years back. Members can speak for themselves and we do not want to be told to stand down and wait and accept what comes down the pike in our own best interests. No one should be held up in derision and commentary become personal rather than examining the issues. Everyone has the right to exercise their consent or disapproval and to make their choices public. This begins again like closing rank and supporting personal allies. Rather than concentrating on an open review with discussion of merit and ramifications of the constitution and our delegates vote we are being discouraged from speculation and thinking for ourselves and asking questions.

Where is the objectivity and mutual respect that should precede a vote of concensus? I guess they just do things differently in your neck of the woods. Know that members are not going to just trust you because you say so and respond unfavorably with "pet' names for them and their actions. It is not for you or your friends to judicate a matter before presenting it. That is so old school IBT! Keep your recommendations, just show us the document or sit down and wait yourself until it is published.

Old 02-02-2011, 01:05 PM   #352
4 Rivet Member

2000 31' Land Yacht
Voting NO may be the best thing to do. Better the devil you know than the one you don't, since it seems impossible to get a straight answer from those in the "know".

Old 02-02-2011, 01:11 PM   #353
Rivet Master

Southwestern , Ohio
Talking Do I make myself perfectly clear?

Quote:
Originally Posted by LI Pets View Post
It is common to refer to the Constitution and Bylaws as simply the Bylaws, in most societies they are in fact one document.

So when saying "Bylaws" it generally means both but can be referred to individuality.
Quote:
Just for clarification, when the document is referred to as the Bylaws it is usually meant to refer to both the Constitution and Bylaws as one in the same although they are two.
Quote:
It is important to understand that the Constitution and its Bylaws are a very integrated package, where any change, even a small one, can have unintended consequences in one, two or five other areas
Quote:
Be careful in your wording, the bylaws are not being presented yet, it is the New Constitution.
Got that?
Old 02-02-2011, 01:18 PM   #354
4 Rivet Member

2000 31' Land Yacht
Got it!
Old 02-02-2011, 01:24 PM   #355
Rivet Master

2007 23' International CCD
Lapeer , Michigan
Have you ever before seen an organization with so many chiefs and not enough Indians? Everyone's a leader and there are not enough followers to pay for their expenses. It's a real PITA

Never gonna get my love

YouTube - Jean Knight-Mr. Big Stuff
Old 02-02-2011, 05:55 PM   #356
Naysayer

1968 24' Tradewind
Louisville , earth
Send a message via Yahoo to Boondocker
Trying hard here, I really am.....

I am a strong supporter of the be nice policy (although its hard for me sometimes). Having said that, if there was ever a case to be made for letting the fur fly it would have to be this situation and right now.

The lack of honor displayed at the meeting by the president would shock a Chicago politician. Unlike many, I do not have a beef with officers expenses being offset while conducting club business. But it should be the CLUBS business and not self-service.

Perhaps some members of the board would be well served to get a fifth grade book on civics and read the parts on democracy. (Notice how I didn't fall to the temptation to make coloring book comments or suggest they have it read to them...). I would particularly recommend looking up the concept of servant leadership, as that is the proper model to use in the present situation.

Visit my photography page
and the
Favorite camp grounds project map
My Blog

(The artist formerly known as General Disarray)

Boondocker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-02-2011, 06:44 PM   #357
Silver Mist

1977 31' Sovereign
Riverhead , New York
Question

Quote:
Originally Posted by jimmickle View Post
Voting NO may be the best thing to do. Better the devil you know than the one you don't, since it seems impossible to get a straight answer from those in the "know".

Jim, who R asking and what straight answer R U seeking?

LI Pets is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-02-2011, 06:44 PM   #358
Certifiable

. , .
Quote:
Originally Posted by Boondocker View Post
Perhaps some members of the board would be well served to get a fifth grade book on civics and read the parts on democracy. (Notice how I didn't fall to the temptation to make coloring book comments or suggest they have it read to them...). I would particularly recommend looking up the concept of servant leadership, as that is the proper model to use in the present situation.
Unfortunately, I think your suggestion may be beyond their ability to comprehend!
(BTW, there's absolutely nothing wrong with coloring books if they work. )

Mr. Beu is more than welcome to some of my fifth grade son's old books if he thinks he's up to it:

A Promise is a Promise: Amazon.ca: Robert N. Munsch, Michael Kusugak, Vladyana Krykorka: Books
Amazon.com: Molly's lies (9780816432257): Kay Chorao: Books

I can't wait to take crayon to my March President's Message!
Old 02-02-2011, 07:27 PM   #359
4 Rivet Member

2000 31' Land Yacht
Bob,

You, Norm, and the rest of the exec bd.

I will give you credit for the refunds, which I received. Will there be any accounting for how the money was spent?
Old 02-02-2011, 08:38 PM   #360
Rivet Master

1970 23' Safari
2005 30' Classic
1986 31' Sovereign
Lorain , Ohio
May I try my question again?

What do the proposed documents contain regarding the membership and participation of individuals that own and attend a WBCCI event in a non-airstream product?

A simple synopsis is fine!

Thanks!
Proud Member of the Wally Byam Airstream Club #24260

www.campnova.com

The “Ohio Airstreamer -- Informal forum for weekend camping” thread.
DanB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-02-2011, 09:04 PM   #361
Silver Mist

1977 31' Sovereign
Riverhead , New York
I have been informed by Howie E and Metro NY that all refunds relating to the Defend Wally defense fund have been processed yesterday Feb 1, as promised.

The refund represents balance pro rata less expenses of the following;

Legal
Bank fees
Accounting

Thank you for all your support.

I can not respond to any inquiries on this forum.

Please email or PM myself or Howie E.

tks
Old 02-02-2011, 10:47 PM   #362
AIR #8691

2006 25' Safari SS SE
Northern , Virginia
What is real and what is just more smoke?

In post # 335 of this thread: Lipets concedes that he is not an official spokesman authorized to speak on behalf of the club.
He stated: “I'm speaking as a Revision Committee member, and or as an individual member.”

Asked if the leadership acquiesce to his comments. He replied: “I would believe it does not.”

Spokespersons are usually skilled at articulately delivering official information in a courteous and diplomatic manner.

Concerning post #1 of thread: “WBCCI Bylaws/Constitution” as it relates to the recent mid-winter meeting:
Is AIRForums.com now, or since 8/25/10, a new channel by which the club communicates official requests for comments from its members as well as non-members?

Has any club officer at any time verified that that 8/25/10 request is really valid?
Has any club officer validated any related statements from individual mere members?
Is there some kind of special agency relationship between LiPets and the club’s officers?
Old 02-02-2011, 11:44 PM   #363
Rivet Master

Thanks JStanley, you nailed it well. Oh Waiter!!! Bagpipes for Mr LIPets. There is some hot air needing a tune.

Click image for larger version

Name:	bagpipe_music_477935.jpg
Views:	70
Size:	35.7 KB
ID:	121276
Coloradobus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-04-2011, 05:48 PM   #364
Moderator dude

1966 26' Overlander
Phoenix , Arizona
Quote:
Originally Posted by JStanley View Post
Is AIRForums.com now, or since 8/25/10, a new channel by which the club communicates official requests for comments from its members as well as non-members?
Air Forums is a seperate entity from the WBCCI. (Or any other club or organization) The providers of this forum neither endorse nor judge any content that is posted here other than to have it conform to the community rules and terms of service posted at the bottom of every page. This forum and all forums created on this website are set up as a service to users on this site. Official business in any sense would have to use channels that are set up with the specific clubs or organizations.

So communication with any club member here is great and it is encouraged, it does not represent any official means of communication. Official means of communication would be with in the rules and guidelines that have been set up with that specific club or organization.

>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>Action

Tags
wbcci