Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Airstream Forums > Airstream Community Forums > Clubs, Organizations & Associations > WBCCI Forum
Click Here to Login
Register Vendors FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search Log in

Old 02-02-2011, 08:04 PM   #361
Silver Mist

Currently Looking...
Riverhead , New York
I have been informed by Howie E and Metro NY that all refunds relating to the Defend Wally defense fund have been processed yesterday Feb 1, as promised.

The refund represents balance pro rata less expenses of the following;

Legal
Bank fees
Accounting

Thank you for all your support.

I can not respond to any inquiries on this forum.

Please email or PM myself or Howie E.

tks
LI Pets is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-02-2011, 09:47 PM   #362
AIR #8691

2006 25' Safari SS SE
Northern , Virginia
What is real and what is just more smoke?

In post # 335 of this thread: Lipets concedes that he is not an official spokesman authorized to speak on behalf of the club.
He stated: “I'm speaking as a Revision Committee member, and or as an individual member.”

Asked if the leadership acquiesce to his comments. He replied: “I would believe it does not.”

Spokespersons are usually skilled at articulately delivering official information in a courteous and diplomatic manner.

Concerning post #1 of thread: “WBCCI Bylaws/Constitution” as it relates to the recent mid-winter meeting:
Is AIRForums.com now, or since 8/25/10, a new channel by which the club communicates official requests for comments from its members as well as non-members?

Has any club officer at any time verified that that 8/25/10 request is really valid?
Has any club officer validated any related statements from individual mere members?
Is there some kind of special agency relationship between LiPets and the club’s officers?
JStanley is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-02-2011, 10:44 PM   #363
Rivet Master

Thanks JStanley, you nailed it well. Oh Waiter!!! Bagpipes for Mr LIPets. There is some hot air needing a tune.

Click image for larger version

Name:	bagpipe_music_477935.jpg
Views:	435
Size:	35.7 KB
ID:	121276
‘62 Overlander 26 ft. ATW Yeager trailer #5289
"62 Airstream 22ft. ATW Hall trailer #83,’90 SQ Sream, ‘06 Bambi Q/S, Prevost Featherlite 45ft, GMC/ Bigfoot camper
Coloradobus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-04-2011, 04:48 PM   #364
Moderator dude

1966 26' Overlander
Phoenix , Arizona
Quote:
Originally Posted by JStanley View Post
Is AIRForums.com now, or since 8/25/10, a new channel by which the club communicates official requests for comments from its members as well as non-members?
Air Forums is a seperate entity from the WBCCI. (Or any other club or organization) The providers of this forum neither endorse nor judge any content that is posted here other than to have it conform to the community rules and terms of service posted at the bottom of every page. This forum and all forums created on this website are set up as a service to users on this site. Official business in any sense would have to use channels that are set up with the specific clubs or organizations.

So communication with any club member here is great and it is encouraged, it does not represent any official means of communication. Official means of communication would be with in the rules and guidelines that have been set up with that specific club or organization.

>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>Action
Old 02-04-2011, 06:32 PM   #365
Rivet Master

Airstream - Other
2016 Interstate Grand Tour Ext
Bosque Farms , New Mexico
Quote:
Originally Posted by Action View Post
...So communication with any club member here is great and it is encouraged, it does not represent any official means of communication. Official means of communication would be with in the rules and guidelines that have been set up with that specific club or organization.>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>Action
I liken Airforums to the phone company: If WBCCI business is conducted over the phone, it's surely not the phone company that is the listed as the official means of commmunication. Rather, it's just a conduit through which business is conducted.

Lynn
Old 02-04-2011, 09:43 PM   #366
Moderator dude

1966 26' Overlander
Phoenix , Arizona
Bizactly!

>>>>>Action
Old 02-04-2011, 10:13 PM   #367
AIR #8691

2006 25' Safari SS SE
Northern , Virginia
Trust but Verify

The analogy is OK as far as it goes. WBCCI can use the AIRFourms as a conduit for official business. But we know they don’t.
Sometime analogies can be substituted for analysis, but at the risk of over simplification.

The point is that the club has not sanctioned anyone to use AIRForums.com for official club business. Some used it to spread disinformation. (That’s freedom of speech.)
They have their own communications channels to say as much or as little as they want. There they have control, here it’s open season and everyone is fair game.

Lipets has conceded that he is not an authorized spokesman. But he, like everyone else has the right to speak as an individual. That’s good and it offers some insight.
There is little value engaging in heated debates over questionable statements and opinions from illegitimate sources.
Remember that self-contradictory phrase Reagan used: “trust but verify.”
JStanley is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-06-2011, 08:55 AM   #368
Rivet Master

2005 25' International CCD
Fleetwood , North Carolina
Send a message via Skype™ to DreamStreamr
In God we trust. We card everyone else.

regards, Jim http://dreamstreamr.com

Jim N5RTG
dreamstreamr.com
DreamStreamr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-06-2011, 08:14 PM   #369
Rivet Master

1979 23' Safari
1954 29' Liner
Orange , California
The recordings of the mid winter meetings are posted on the WBCCI web site for your listening enjoyment.

Bill
Bill Kerfoot, WBCCI/VAC/CAC/El Camino Real Unit #5223
Just my personal opinion
1973 Dodge W200 PowerWagon, 1977 Lincoln Continental, 2014 Dodge Durango
1979 23' Safari, and 1954 29' Double Door Liner Orange, CA

https://billbethsblog.blogspot.com/
wkerfoot is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-07-2011, 07:07 AM   #370
2 Rivet Member

Windham , New Hampshire
The loss of three point hookups

Quote:
Originally Posted by doug&maggie View Post
I'll be interested to see what the re-writes contain.
Quote:
Originally Posted by doug&maggie View Post

The 2012 International is at a site with 3-point hookups, as I understand. This is an improvement, correct, something attendees have been clamoring for?

Maggie
Forgive me for posting from another thread but I believe it to be pertinent to any discussion of the club. I titled my response the loss of three point hookups because it is in my opinion the primary reason for the reductions of those potential International Rally attendees. The loss I'm speaking to is the loss of families who refuse to go due to the cost of three point hookups. As an organization, WBCCI has morphed into primarily a retired persons club through the actions of its leadership. With a shrinking population and reduced volunteers, it has become impossible to support the 3 amp style of hookups that were in place for many years. While I can understand the need to curtail this highly labor intensive effort, which was to provide cost effective means for the maximum number of members to attend, their solution is costing them a lot more than money.

Why is it that no effort has been made to provide parking space at reduced rates for those willing to attend by any means possible (solar, generators or just boon docking). Seems to me that there has been and still is resistance to that kind of thinking. If the leadership were really interested in the masses coming to international they would have found a way to increase attendance not push members away. No it’s just easier to find a location and a contractor to install utility setups at great cost. What has been lost on the Motor home crowd is the entire basis of Airstreaming, the freedom to travel anywhere far from civilization enjoying the comfort of your own bed and a few basic accommodations.

The club has morphed beyond its founders dream and has become something else, something else that many “aint buyin”. Airstream Company is stuck with an affiliated organization, the WBCCI, whose leadership has lost its way in carrying out the real traditions of Airstreaming and the vision of its founder. Having been a member for more than a decade and having affiliate memberships in several units I can honestly say that most units have overcome this handicap placed upon them by their corporate sponsors.

Actually if it weren’t for local units and the friends who gather to celebrate their ownership and the benefits their Airstream has to offer, the club would have already gone bankrupt. Members blind allegiance to the sponsors of their fun is the root cause of the existence of such an out of touch group being in charge in the first place.

The club needs a leadership which shares the values of its membership and if this new constitution does not allow for the succession of youthful leadership in the near term, no amount of rewrite or clever membership advertising with save it from its fate, an empty field of 3 point hookups!!

wam52 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-07-2011, 09:24 AM   #371
Rivet Master

1988 25' Excella
1987 32' Excella
Knoxville , Tennessee
How is the Airstream corporation in any way affiliated withe the WBCCI now?
Bill M. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-07-2011, 10:45 AM   #372
2 Rivet Member

Windham , New Hampshire
WBCCI Affiliation and other assorted tidbits

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bill M. View Post
How is the Airstream corporation in any way affiliated with the WBCCI now?

There is no direct affiliation, however at one time one of the Officers of the Company was on the WBCCI Board in what amounts to an advisory position. I believe the Company or at least some of its officers have been distancing themselves from the club for a number of years. It is that contact, to my understanding, who made an offer to re-badge Thor Products for use as an Airstream.

Unfortunately the whole Motor home deal is just symptomatic of a long history of promoting self-interest within the leadership. That is not to say that they are all guilty but it seems the system promotes from within and that the power stays rested with a few at the top. The present C&B reinforces the power of status quo. A new C&B will need to be scrutinized for more than a couple weeks to allow for time to gain a consensus of Units and their delegates and send them off in June to vote. Just giving everyone the individual right to vote may not achieve what folks are looking for.

Every time I hear the words new and improved and WBCCI, the hair on the back of my neck stands up. Like walking silently through the woods in western Canada, if you do it often enough there’s definitely a Grisly in your future!

wam52 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-07-2011, 02:07 PM   #373
Rivet Master

Aurora , Colorado
Quote:
Originally Posted by wkerfoot View Post
The recordings of the mid winter meetings are posted on the WBCCI web site for your listening enjoyment.

Bill
Here is the link:
http://www.wbcci.org/index.cfm?pageS...Live_Broadcast

The specific discussion on the DENCO Motion begins 1:16:56 (hr:min:sec) into the recording and ends at 2:04:20.

Don Shafer blaming the loss of membership and all controversy on everyone but himself begins at 30:50 and ends at 39:37.

Tags
wbcci