Old 02-23-2010, 12:26 PM   #71
Rivet Master
2007 23' International CCD
Lapeer , Michigan
Originally Posted by streamer23 View Post
It's that time of year again.Every year since 1996 I have gone through the annual WBCCI Membership Directory and tracked which unit each member in the directory has paid their dues to.These totals are for the primary unit and does not include associate memberships.
It is important to keep in mind that my totals are only as accurate as the information printed in the directory.
There is always cases where renewals are received late either by accident or on purpose as has been pointed out in previous years by a few on the forums.There are also other possibilities including printing errors and over the years this has happened several times.
I have over the years refined my tabulations so that each membership is checked at least twice to reduce errors.Human error is always a possibility but I feel very confident that these numbers are fairly accurate.
As this thread runs its course,I will post some of the results I found.
First the big number

2006 WBCCI Directory total--6919 Members

2007 WBCCI Directory total--6549 Members

2008 WBCCI Directory total--6406 Members

2009 WBCCI Directory total--6091 Members

2010 WBCCI Directory total--5947 Members

I wonder if you or anyone has the numbers of how many years each member has been in the club.

I think there is a high proportion of new members that leave.

I wonder also what the ages of members not so much as an indicator but that strictly out of curiosity.

wheel interested is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-23-2010, 12:51 PM   #72
Rivet Master

1989 29' Land Yacht
Mesa , Arizona

How many of you that are NOT going to renew your membership next year because of the lack financel resposibility of the ITB that caused the dues increase have sent a Email to the WBCCI telling them that?
I have.
They think they will have only a 2 percent loss of members next year.(This info from a member that was at meeting where a IBT member gave a talk.)

Jimmini :
AKA : TUMBLEWEED. Just an old buzzard with a itch to yonder.
Man has only those rights he can defend
jimmini is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-23-2010, 03:18 PM   #73
Rivet Master

1991 34' Excella
Princeton , New Jersey
In case you missed it this is my letter to the IBT. You will see I have found another use for the money.

Members of the IBT/EC7

My history with, Airstreaming, dates back to my in-laws in the 60s. My uncle, with over 25 years of membership, was a Past President of the Watchung unit and a frequent participant in the opening ceremonies of the International singing the National Anthem. The purchase of my current unit, 15 years ago, eventually lead to my choice to honor my deceased uncle by joining WBCCI and requesting his numbers 4 years ago.

During my tenure of membership I have followed what I see as the decline of the Club in several aspects. Starting with the attempt to redefine the Clubs name, redefine the requirement for membership, and most recently the complete lack of fiscal responsibility.

In each of these cases the general membership has clearly voiced disagreement and voted these proposals down only to receive a reaction of contempt and “we shall return” from the Leadership. While not one of these actions caused me to consider not renewing my membership, but rather to remain and work against such future action, your latest misdirection of leadership has caused reconsideration.

I read and sent in my reactions to ALL of the 26 amendments proposed for action this year. I listened to the simulcast only to hear you circumvent the complete concept put forth to revise the grievance regulations requested by the membership.

I trust this action was taken to allow your intended and preplanned actions of having members singled out for punitive actions via legal threats. Not only are these treats now being disseminated through costly Attorney written letters, but your so called consolidation of the grievance procedures has not been released denying the effected members a clear path of response.

Given your latest distasteful actions I find a more positive action, rather than wait and see, is required. I will withhold renewel of my membership and consider future membership based on the actions of future IBT meetings, namely the redefinement of reasonable grievance procedures, reduction of expenditures causing an unbalanced budget and solely designed for your personnel benefit, and the reinstatement of any and all members you have threatened with termination.

In the interim my numbers will be crossed with a black ribbon to display my discontent and to solicit question from other members I may encounter while traveling. This action will serve to overcome Management’s communication with the membership, clearly another shortfall of the Club.

Additionally I have just pledged the first $100.00 towards Leo’s defense fund.
2004 Excursion 4x4
1991 34 ft. Excella +220,000 miles, new laminated flooring, new upholstery, new 3200 lbs axles

HowieE is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 02-23-2010, 03:42 PM   #74
Rivet Master
2007 23' International CCD
Lapeer , Michigan
I have my letter from headquarters, I sure like Howie's response. I was having difficulty choosing just one reason... it isn't that I'm not, necessarily, it's just that I haven't. I am carefully considering the multitudinous options before me this year.

And yes spending $100.00 towards sending the IBT my vote of no confidence is well worth more to me than routinely paying the dues and dues increases to have no representation and fund their spending soirees.

wheel interested is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-24-2010, 05:25 AM   #75
2 Rivet Member
1966 26' Overlander
1966 26' Overlander
Vintage Kin Owner
From Parts Unknown , Unknown
Great discussion here. I was looking to many of the same questions when thinking about recruiting for my lodge The IOOF back in 2002. Answers were very few and bleak. I found the best advise in Robert Putnam's book "Bowling Alone" Anyone interested in club and social dynamics, perceived value in membership should read it. He tracks and analyses social organization decline and it effects on members and society. It a true eye- opener and the Entire WBCCI debacle is text book case as Putnum describes it. TAC folks: read "Bowling Alone." The Rate of decline over time is worth it alone.

Alex Kensington, Full Timing with
Charon Henning, The Most Dangerous Beauty Alive™
1966 Safari Overlander & 1961 Safari
1956 Spartan Imperial Mansion
TCT Since 2002, 8728,
TheProfessor is offline   Reply With Quote