Old 07-28-2009, 09:43 AM   #15
Rivet Master

1979 23' Safari
1954 29' Liner
Orange , California
Rob,

Good letter, I hope that you receive a prompt, responsive reply.

Bill

Bill Kerfoot, WBCCI/VAC/CAC/El Camino Real Unit #5223
Just my personal opinion
1973 Dodge W200 PowerWagon, 1977 Lincoln Continental, 2014 Dodge Durango
1979 23' Safari, and 1954 29' Double Door Liner Orange, CA

http://billbethsblog.blogspot.com/
wkerfoot is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-28-2009, 09:51 AM   #16
Rivet Master

1999 34' Excella
Joshua , Texas
One idea is to deduct the $200 for "not bringing your Airstream" and just stay at a local RV park. The $200 for 3~point hookups are actually cheaper than the $225 electric fees from the last few years.

Old 07-28-2009, 09:54 AM   #17
Rivet Master

1962 28' Ambassador
Phoenix , Arizona
Perspective

Every time I open the Blue Beret, I hope to see this on the inside of every cover. I am dissapointed every time. I am hopeful that like minded folks will eventually be in the position to envoke real change in this organization. I will keep plugging away and do my part at this end. As an officer of our unit, I will keep this always fresh and important. Perhaps this would be a good reflection for those running the club today!

"In the heart of these words is an entire life's dream. To those of you who find in the promise of these words your promise, I bequeath this creed... my dream belongs to you."

To place the great wide world at your doorstep for you who yearn to travel with all the comforts of home.

To provide a more satisfying, meaningful way of travel that offers complete travel independence, wherever and whenever you choose to go or stay.

To keep alive and make real an enduring promise of high adventure and faraway lands... of rediscovering old places and new interests.

To open a whole world of new experiences... a new dimension in enjoyment where travel adventure and good fellowship are your constant companions.

To encourage clubs and rallies that provide an endless source of friendships, travel fun and personal expressions.

To lead caravans wherever the four winds blow... over twinkling boulevards, across trackless deserts... to the traveled and untraveled corners of the earth.

To play some part in promoting international goodwill and understanding among the peoples of the world through person-to-person contact.

To refine and perfect our product by continuous travel-testing over the highways and byways of the world.

To strive endlessly to stir the venturesome spirit that moves you to follow a rainbow to its end... and thus make your travel dreams come true.

- Wally Byam

Air #22673
WBCCI# 2731
Four Corners Unit
LHall is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-28-2009, 10:33 AM   #18
Rivet Master

1961 24' Tradewind
1969 29' Ambassador
1970 21' Globetrotter
Jamestown , Tennessee
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dwight View Post
One idea is to deduct the $200 for "not bringing your Airstream" and just stay at a local RV park. The $200 for 3~point hookups are actually cheaper than the $225 electric fees from the last few years.

The deduct is only $100 so staying off site and paying camping elsewhere is not a viable option. Even staying off site for free would make this rally more expensive than normal 3 amp parking.. The winners are the 30 amp group who are saving about $45.00

Rick 1602
Old 07-28-2009, 10:43 AM   #19
Rivet Master

1999 34' Excella
Joshua , Texas
On page 19 of the August issue of the Blue Beret, it states the deduct is $200.
Old 07-28-2009, 10:51 AM   #20

2015 25' FB Flying Cloud
2012 23' FB Flying Cloud
2005 25' Safari
Santa Rosa Beach , Florida
There needs to be more flexibility in the rally set-up. Those who would prefer minimal service should have it a a reduce price. Those who want full hook-ups should also get their way, but pay accordingly for the extra services.

Cable TV and wifi should also be offered for an appropriate additional cost. Kids and young people want these things, not arts and crafts. The rally organizers need to get with the times.

Brian
WBCCI #3628 -- AIR #14872 -- TAC #FL-7
2015 FC 25' FB (Lucy) with HAHA
2005 Suburban 2500 Quadrasteer (Olivia) & 2018 Silverado 2500 (Lillian)
moosetags is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-28-2009, 11:12 AM   #21
Miss Rivette

1965 17' Caravel
Hell , Michigan
Send a message via AIM to airedale Send a message via MSN to airedale Send a message via Yahoo to airedale
I will be going....

I will be going to Gillette next year. I believe the cost is too high, but the fun that I have at International out weighs the cost aspect for me. I like to meet new friends, see old friends again, and just have a good time. But even more than that I love to explore the areas around the rally sites! Bozeman was unlimited with the area to explore. Madison had a great downtown area, Gillette has Devils Tower and more.

As far as the childrens activities, I have a couple of friends that had children that went to the activities, and they had some nice things for them to do. They went to a waterpark, Caves, the Zoo, and other things, all paid by the WBCCI, which I think is great! They cant get rid of the youth activites. However, I thought it was great when I went to go register in the main building at Madison, and asked if I was youth, I laughed, and said thanks, but Im not youth!
Operation "SAVE RUDY" Strike Team (Charter Member)

Check Out My New Airstream Blog
airedale is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-28-2009, 11:39 AM   #22
Rivet Master

1961 24' Tradewind
1969 29' Ambassador
1970 21' Globetrotter
Jamestown , Tennessee
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dwight View Post
On page 19 of the August issue of the Blue Beret, it states the deduct is $200.

I have the App. form I picked up at Madison in front of me. Says " Not bringing Airstream DEDUCT $100."

So this brings up the question, which is it? or have they changed it?

Haven't seen the BB yet. Wish they would put it on line

We will miss seeing our friends next year

Rick Davis
PP VAC
Old 07-28-2009, 11:43 AM   #23
Rivet Master

1979 23' Safari
1954 29' Liner
Orange , California
Quote:
Originally Posted by RickDavis View Post
I have the App. form I picked up at Madison in front of me. Says " Not bringing Airstream DEDUCT $100."

So this brings up the question, which is it? or have they changed it?

Haven't seen the BB yet. Wish they would put it on line

We will miss seeing our friends next year

Rick Davis
PP VAC
Here is the rally registration form from the web site.

Bill
Attached Files
File Type: pdf Rally Registration Form 2010.pdf (94.0 KB, 86 views)
Bill Kerfoot, WBCCI/VAC/CAC/El Camino Real Unit #5223
Just my personal opinion
1973 Dodge W200 PowerWagon, 1977 Lincoln Continental, 2014 Dodge Durango
1979 23' Safari, and 1954 29' Double Door Liner Orange, CA

http://billbethsblog.blogspot.com/
wkerfoot is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-28-2009, 11:57 AM   #24
Rivet Master

1961 24' Tradewind
1969 29' Ambassador
1970 21' Globetrotter
Jamestown , Tennessee
Quote:
Originally Posted by wkerfoot View Post
Here is the rally registration form from the web site.

Bill
Obviously they have changed it, or the first form was misprinted. Guess I better keep that form to show I am not losing it, yet.

$200 is better, but it still does not change the fact that the rally for 2 after deducting the $200 is still more than the 3 amp fee of $270 in Madison.
Must be buying something mighty expensive out there.

Rick
Old 07-28-2009, 02:19 PM   #25
Tom, the Uber Disney Fan

2006 30' Safari
Orlando , Florida
I have never attended one of the Good Sam's "The Rally" but the cost for their 2010 Rally in Louisville, KY are as follows:

The Rally: Information

"Prices for July 22 - 25, 2010 *
2 adults dry camping - only $179.00
1 adult dry camping - only $139.00
2 adults 30-amp electrical hookup - $359.00
1 adult 30-amp electrical hookup - $319.00
(These prices include all Rally activities as well as your RV parking.)
* Until April 15
Passport Price
$69.00 per person for July 21 - 25, 2010
(The Passport option is for rally attendees that want to attend all rally activities, including entertainment and seminars, but will be parking their RV off site.)"

This rally attracted a ton of attendees this year and is expected to be well attended next year. They are planning 30 seminars per day, not for the entire rally. There is a free children's program for ages 6-17 and this program last all day each day to free up the adults to attend the seminars.

The one thing that always puzzles me is that the cost are much less, most of the details are handled by professional event planners, and for this year, the entertainment included The Osmund Brothers (without Donnie and Marie), Rita Coolidge, and Neil Sadaka. In past years, Suzanne Summers was one of the headliners.

With this caliber of entertainment, why does a WBCCI rally have to cost so much more than the Good Sam's Rally? I realize that The Rally last fewer days, but there is a big difference in the caliber of activities than the WBCCI rally. Also, why must the WBCCI rally be put on by volunteers? Why not forgo the 5 week program for volunteers and put that money toward a higher level of experience? I think there would be more attendees if the WBCCI would "kick it up a notch".
WBCCI# 4821
http://streaminacrossamerica.com/
Minnie's Mate is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-28-2009, 03:42 PM   #26

1975 25' Caravanner
Milwaukie , Oregon
The fee seems too high. These should be a little more kid friendly. Do not think we will be going!
Old 07-28-2009, 04:10 PM   #27
Rivet Master

1961 24' Tradewind
1969 29' Ambassador
1970 21' Globetrotter
Jamestown , Tennessee
Here is a cost break down for the Escapees rally this year in Sedalia, Mo.
2 persons per trailer

6 nights full hookups and all costs for the 5 day rally $230.
6 nights no hookups $145.
1 day walk in per person $20
5 day walk in per person $45

I did not attend this rally
I have attended 2 others. The seminars etc. were great
The vendors were excellent and well represented. They had both an inside and outside vendor section. Far better in the vendor department than WBCCI has ever been.
Escapees probably did have an advantage because both the rallies I went to were in Goshen , IN which is in the middle of RV country.
I do not remember what the evening programs were. The fairgrounds were not air conditioned so you probably wouldn’t want to wear your suit.
Looking at it on a per day basis with full hookups it is about $30 per day less than Gillette

I seem to remember that either Good Sam or FMCA (maybe both) have used the Camplex. Would be interesting to look at those costs
99 Dodge TD 577K miles

RickDavis is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-28-2009, 09:58 PM   #28
Rivet Master

1972 25' Tradewind
Currently Looking...
McHenry County , Illinois
One of the reasons I joined the WBCCI last year was to attend the International in Madison. I bit the bullet on the full hookups with the idea that it might be a once in a lifetime experience.
It was such a positive experience that we came away with the feeling we would go to 2011 meet in Southern Illinois. Gillette seemed just too far away.
Now it seems Gillette is just plain out of reach. If the trend continues itís entirely possible that Madison will indeed be a once in a lifetime experience.

Tom.

Not All Who Wander Are Lost.

Avid supporter of trailing edge technology.
Tom Nugler is offline   Reply With Quote