Old 07-17-2008, 04:33 PM   #71
Rivet Master

Lisle , Illinois
I have a great recipe for smoked sausages.... Man I am drooling already....
I am very interested in seeing all of this business meeting stuff and the formal opening and closing stuff.....

AIR#3788 TAC IL-10
1967/8 Overlander International Twin w/ bunk/s.
Yes, four kids and two adults in the thing.
Happy wife, happy life.
till is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-17-2008, 08:22 PM   #72
1 Rivet Member

2007 25' International CCD
Waukesha , Wisconsin
Summerfest - The World's Largest Music Festival

Summerfest, the World's Largest Music Festival runs concurrently with the 2009 Madison International Rally. It is located 75 miles to the east on the lake front in Milwaukee. It had 11 stages and over 700 acts/bands in 2008. Only one stage requires advanced purchase (extra cost tickets), the other 10 are included in the general admission cost. www.summerfest.com/

A few years ago I went to Fleetwood Mac with my daughter one night then 2 nights later Tom Petty with my wife.

Bob

Old 07-20-2008, 03:03 PM   #73
4 Rivet Member

Fond du Lac , Wisconsin
Lifest 2009

A good event that could work into your plans after the 2009 International at Madison is a Christian music festival held in Oshkosh WI only 70 miles or so from Madision. It is called "Lifest" and goes for 5 days. Next year's dates are July 8th through 12th. You can buy full event passes or individual day passes. It just celebrated its 10th anniversary and had popular groups like Newsboys, Steven Curtis Chapman, Rebecca St James, and Casting Crowns to name a few. Here is the 2008 website which gives the best information. :.: LIFEST 2008 | OSHKOSH, WI :.:

I'm sure the website will get updated soon for the 2009 event. If you like this kind of music, good speakers, clean comedy, food, and good company give it a thought. Camping is available on-site with or without electricity. PM me if you want more information. It would be a good add-on to your trip to Wisconsin for the International.

Changing the World One Child at a Time
www.compassion.com

hookedonclassic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-28-2008, 07:17 PM   #74
Rivets?

1992 29' Excella
2010 22' Interstate
Van By The River , Georgia
Keep the Ideas Flowing!

These are great ideas. Our only problem is we only have a week or so in Madison and we have a month worth of stuff to do.

I recently met somebody who attended University of Wisconsin, Madison and he said to be sure and check out Essen Haus www.essen-haus.com in Madison. They have live music on Friday and Saturday night. I'm sure it's plenty of kitsch (sp?) but it sounds like good fun to me. He described a boot of beer that is passed around the table and the person who drinks the last bit of beer has to buy the next boot. I'm a germ-a-phobe of sorts so I don't think I'll be taking part in that even if it was said to be a glass boot. Do you think they even allow that in this day and age? Maybe the boot passin', beer drinkin' has been put aside in the interest of public health.

Anyway... Essen Haus is on my list of places to go in Madison.

Lucius
2005 Chevrolet Suburban K2500 8.1L
Got a cooped-up feeling, gotta get out of town, got those Airstream campin' blues...
nvestysly is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-28-2008, 08:44 PM   #75
Rivet Master

2007 23' International CCD
Lapeer , Michigan
I'm pretty certain Brad and I will be going to Madison, our daughter lives very close to Madison and we and our children grew up in Northern Illinois and have spent most of our Illinois camping and traveling days in Wisconsin. It will be like homecoming to us basically and too close to pass up. This will be my/our 4th International but I know right now even though electric is a huge added expense (imo) I don't think I want to spend any more dusty hot muggy 3-amp days if I can avoid it. The Airstreams are just too close and the grounds vary too much to count on cooling shade, grass or breeze. I sure wish there was a nice section to exercise pets in every area.

Fireworks on the 4th with a real outdoor parade would make my day!

There is a huge concentration of great restaurants and all the Wisconsin state parks are very nice indeed. Peninsula SP in Door County or Wagon Trail, a private campgrounds, restaurant, hotel, bakery and marina near the tip is North right on the water and a great place to visit on your way to or from the rally.

What I find particularly enriching is the luck of the draw of general parking without preorchestrated agendas. I always meet new friends from all over the country and the experience is stimulating and expanding. There is something very special about becoming a neighborhood overnight and yet not feeling like strangers at all. It keeps life, ideas and viewpoints fresh.

photography
wheel interested is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-02-2008, 02:51 PM   #76
2 Rivet Member

1964 24' Tradewind
dousman , Wisconsin
Not far from Madison... would like to attend.
Having difficulty connecting to the link for the 2009 International Rally as well as the link for the WBCCI for answers to a few questions.

My Tradewind won't be ready to go and I am not a member. Will day passes be available for purchase and do you have to be a member to visit for an afternoon?

Karol
Old 08-02-2008, 03:07 PM   #77
Rivet Master

Southwestern , Ohio
Karol,

Yes, the WBCCI web site has been down a lot lately. Seems to work better thru the week--try again then.

I think day passes will be available for non-members, but can't swear to it.

The other thing to be aware of is, it's not like rallies--including Internationals--are held behind fences with gates. Anybody is welcome to wander around, look at Airstreams and talk to owners. Rally ribbons, badges, and day passes are only needed to get into the main building for WBCCI events, entertainment, etc.

Best,
Nuvi
Old 08-02-2008, 03:20 PM   #78
Rivet Master

1979 23' Safari
1954 29' Liner
Orange , California
Quote:
Originally Posted by campngirl View Post
Not far from Madison... would like to attend.
Having difficulty connecting to the link for the 2009 International Rally as well as the link for the WBCCI for answers to a few questions.

My Tradewind won't be ready to go and I am not a member. Will day passes be available for purchase and do you have to be a member to visit for an afternoon?

Karol
Karol,

One event to make sure you attend is the Vintage Airstream Club open house. The date for the open house has not been set, but keep a watch here or at the VAC site www.Airstream.net.

Bill
Bill Kerfoot, WBCCI/VAC/CAC/El Camino Real Unit #5223
Just my personal opinion
1973 Dodge W200 PowerWagon, 1977 Lincoln Continental, 2014 Dodge Durango
1979 23' Safari, and 1954 29' Double Door Liner Orange, CA

http://billbethsblog.blogspot.com/
wkerfoot is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-07-2008, 03:10 AM   #79
3 Rivet Member

2004 34' Classic S/O
Brooksville , Florida
if someone asked this already and I missed it, sorry.
I know the entertainment might be all set now for Madison, but why in the world have the Trailer Park Troubadours never played Int'l? I saw them at the last Homecoming Rally and everyone seemed to love them! Even the the lead singer owns an Airstream.
Has anyone tried to book them???
Dan
Old 08-07-2008, 06:34 AM   #80
Rivet Master

1968 30' Sovereign
1959 18' "Footer"
1954 22' Flying Cloud
Brussels , Wisconsin
VIntage Club

Maybe the TPT would be a good thing for the Vintage Club to set up for after the Open House............
Old 08-07-2008, 09:23 AM   #81
3 Rivet Member

2004 34' Classic S/O
Brooksville , Florida
don't you think due to the large audience it would be better as the evenings entertainment?
Dan
Old 08-07-2008, 12:14 PM   #82
Rivet Master

1968 30' Sovereign
1959 18' "Footer"
1954 22' Flying Cloud
Brussels , Wisconsin
Entertainment Set?

I think the WBCCI has set the entertainment for the rally but I could be wrong. I still think it would be a great VAC event at the International.
Old 08-07-2008, 07:47 PM   #83
Rivet Master

1967 28' Ambassador
1963 19' Globetrotter
1970 29' Ambassador
Waukesha , Wisconsin
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ed Emerick View Post
I think the WBCCI has set the entertainment for the rally but I could be wrong. I still think it would be a great VAC event at the International.
Ed, I know you are not one to "rock the boat" or "ruffle any feathers" but I am quickly getting the impression that the best way to get the club we want is to just do what is necessary to have a good time. That's what my WDCU buddies do and it makes for a great get-together. When you make your own fun you and the folks around you are guaranteed to have a good time.

I think the TPT would be perfect VAC entertainment.
http://byamcaravanner.blogspot.com/
byamcaravanner is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-07-2008, 07:56 PM   #84
3 Rivet Member

1985 25' Sovereign
St Cloud , Minnesota
I hope some of us almost VACs can attend.

WBCCI #7528
MN Unit
pyanke is offline   Reply With Quote