Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 02-25-2008, 08:06 AM   #1
Rivet Master

1977 31' Sovereign
1963 26' Overlander
1989 34' Excella
Johnsburg , Illinois
2008 SOB motorhome amendment

The Region 3 President let the cat out of the bag at the Sarasota Rally. His home unit has redrafted the 2007 motorhome proposal and passed it on for he and his Region VP's to sign and get to Jackson Center by March 1st. The wording I got was a little vague but, it seems to allow mebers/officers to buy other brands of motorhomes and retain their positions in the club.

Jackson Center will distribute the proposal the units by April 1st. Due to the timing, the notice is not likely to appear in the April Blue Beret and the general membership will not know about it until the May edition comes out. This will be after some of the units will have held their spring rallies, where the proposal should have been be voted upon by the members.

Some members are upset by the tactics. If you want to read the whole story and the conversations about it, go over to savewally.org in their forum section.
dwightdi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-25-2008, 08:32 AM   #2
Rivet Master

Airstream - Other
2016 Interstate Grand Tour Ext
Bosque Farms , New Mexico
(expletive deleted)

Lynn
Old 02-25-2008, 09:50 AM   #3
GStephens

1982 31' Limited
1953 25' Cruiser
Hamilton , Texas
(expletive deleted again)
GStephens
GStephens is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-25-2008, 09:54 AM   #4
E Pluribus Aluminus

2008 34' Classic S/O
1967 22' Safari
2005 30' Classic
Land Of Enchantment , New Mexico
So then, WBCCI leadership (& Jackson Center), is this all efforts on Fleetwood to try and gain some nostalgia for their other brands by piggybacking on the Airstream brand name?

Business has no loyalty so I can see Fleetwood hoping to gain from this, but WBCCI? Somehow or another, I just don't see Wally in a Winnebago or one of those massive 45' symbols of oppulance. But that's just me.

I'm finding that it's becomming alot easier in making a decision to join, or NOT.
The trouble with trouble is it always starts out as fun...
Jaxon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-25-2008, 10:06 AM   #5
Rivet Master

1984 31' Airstream310
Central , Ohio
WBCCI=What Brand is Currently Consensual Inside

How ridiculous is this? What is next--forcing the Ford Mustang club to allow VW's into their show judging rules, or making the American Kennel Club admit mules?

Yet another reason Brad and I stay as far away from those people and their personal "Airstream" club as possible. I would not be happy with an organization whose leadership pushed so hard for such a stupid, unrelated issue, then used subterfuge to try to sneak that issue past their membership.

Susan

1984 310 Limited Motor Home "The Rockin' A"
Alumatube is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-25-2008, 10:18 AM   #6
Rivet Master

Airstream - Other
2016 Interstate Grand Tour Ext
Bosque Farms , New Mexico
Actually, I care a lot about the WBCCI and its traditions, and that's why we're going to stay in the club and fight this to the bitter end. And I hope others will join us!

Lynn
Old 02-25-2008, 11:20 AM   #7
Rivet Master

1977 27' Overlander
1954 25' Cruiser
1990 34.5' Airstream 345
VC Highlands , Nevada
Send a message via Skype™ to Buttercup
I agree - it's is too bad that this is going to be shoved down our throats again. And in such an underhandedly way as to not allow people enough time to digest the proposal. Sneek it in under the door and maybe nobody will notice.
For those who are not in the WBCCI and looking at this and thinking "Why join and have to deal with this kind of baloney!" I say that the club is actually a good club. It is just being driven into the ground by extreme incompitance on the part of the "leadership". You people are scuttling a club, not helping it.
MOHO2 - No means NO!
Buttercup's Web Site. WBCCI #17330, 11281 & 7830. VAC Past President, TAC NV-2 & NV-3
Buttercup is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-25-2008, 11:50 AM   #8
Rivet Master

2007 23' International CCD
Lapeer , Michigan
I need a new shirt! G. can we order these now again?
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	T-shirts0001T-shirts.JPG
Views:	208
Size:	106.0 KB
ID:	55075   Click image for larger version

Name:	T-shirts0002T-shirts.JPG
Views:	203
Size:	105.3 KB
ID:	55076  

photography
wheel interested is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-25-2008, 11:54 AM   #9
Rivet Master

Vintage Kin Owner
Vintage Kin Owner
Vintage Kin Owner
Currently Looking...
Greeeneville , Tennessee
Send a message via Yahoo to Silverhobby
Sorry to see this issue reveal itself again. Until there is NEW and Stronger leadership in WBCCI, the "good ole boy" practices will remain.
Fighting for Change in Region #3 Unit 161 Piedmont WBCCI
visit my restoration blog at:
Silverhobby is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-25-2008, 01:17 PM   #10
Rivet Master

1993 34' Excella
1962 16' Bambi
New Haven , Connecticut
Quote:
Originally Posted by dwightdi
The Region 3 President let the cat out of the bag at the Sarasota Rally. His home unit has redrafted the 2007 motorhome proposal and passed it on for he and his Region VP's to sign and get to Jackson Center by March 1st.
Can a motion be presented that if passed - the SOB issue could be put to bed?

Example - make a motion that the WBCCI will remain a single brand RV club. The club will not consider any future motions allowing SOBs in the club for a period of twenty years.

If a motion like this is passed by a majority this SOB issue will be dead.

--Dave

Morrison's Airstream Page
munimula is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-25-2008, 01:49 PM   #11
4 Rivet Member

In the words of a former president "There you go again!" I'm a definately an "outsider" and will never join the WBCCI. But from that perspective, it seems a little confusing. I realize that the Cutters, Landyachts, Skydecks, etc. all carry the Airstream name but they surely look like all the other SOBs out there - big fiberglass boxes. If JAXON's opinion holds true, would Wally have been seen in those? I've been accused of being stuck in the '60's (what's wrong with that??) so when I think of Airstreams, I always think shinny rounded aluminum, usually vintage. It would be nice to be able to belong to the VAC without the requirement of membership in the WBCCI. It will be some years yet before the fiberglass boxes will be joining the VAC. I wonder what sort of discussion that will cause. Meantime, I'll keep reading this thread and enjoy the entertainment. Darol
Darol Ingalls is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-25-2008, 01:59 PM   #12
Rivet Master

2008 27' Safari FB SE
Cumberland , RI
I love sleezy tactics to push an agenda. If this is a club made up of members for members why not put it out to a vote by all members?? sounds like something the federal gov't would do. I just joined 1 month ago and it makes me wonder why.......
WBCCI #1199 - AIR #23847
NEU
LIFE IS GOOD
RIstream'n is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-25-2008, 02:04 PM   #13
Rivet Master

Lapeer , Michigan
That's a sore point Darol. Airstream motorhomes are NOT the issue. Very simply it is a matter of brand identity and NOT the iconic shape. Last time around many members who own anything other than the silver tubes felt uncomfortable with the entire proceedings. This is a lose/lose situation once again. No one profits from the IBT's acting out their own initiatives for the sake of a few of their friends to remain, not in the club, but to remain IN POWER. And we all know how much they work to shut other motions out that would jeopardise their control. They are in and we just can't get them out. They have taken the club hostage. And yeah Brian, that is what Wally did. a vote for every member. Elections were simple. As it stands now you have to jump through hoops to get your vote counted in person and then presented by a delegate at International or your entire units votes aren't counted. And that happened!!! And not only did that happen but the leaders actually blocked motions to prevent that from happening again. Why we oughtta...impeach the lot of them and start anew.

photography
Old 02-25-2008, 02:07 PM   #14
Rivet Master

2012 25' FB Eddie Bauer
Vintage Kin Owner
Virginia Beach , Virginia
Here's an Idea....

I GET why Airstream isn't manufacturing motorhomes - they are working on doing a better job on trailers.

I also understand that rehabbing a classic Airstream MOHO isn't for the faint of heart (or faint of pocketbook)!

I did see the prototype model for a new Airstream MOHO that looked really cool - something a rock band would tour in. Aluminum clad, rounded top and glass overlay windows all down the sides. I'd have been tempted with that design. Airstream decided that they'd be lucky to sell 50 a year so it wasn't feaseable to make them in Jackson Center. It's too bad Airstream can't find someone else to build and badge THAT kind of "Airstream Looking" Airstream Moho. If that happened, we might all be less offended than the idea that you can slap an Airstream logo on a square old white box and shazamm it's an Airstream!

BTW, I know I'm a trailer person, but really what IS the appeal of MOHO's to seniors? If you can add electric stabilizer jacks and electric tongue jacks, and add an electric satellite antenna, other than hitching up a WD system what is so hard about hitching and towing a trailer? Pit stops every 20 minutes? I know one WBCCI member whose parents gave the kids their 34 Classic because every time they took it out, they dinged it... but if your reflexes aren't up to towing, how can they be up to driving a 40+ ft. moho?

Paula Ford
Old 02-25-2008, 02:17 PM   #15
Rivet Master

1993 34' Excella
1962 16' Bambi
New Haven , Connecticut
Quote:
Originally Posted by Foiled Again
It's too bad Airstream can't find someone else to build and badge THAT kind of "Airstream Looking" Airstream Moho.
...rumor has it that Airstream has had quiet conversations with an outside company for possible production. Not something that will happen in the next year or two, but from what I hear the drawings have not been shredded.

munimula is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-25-2008, 02:26 PM   #16
"Cloudsplitter"

2003 25' Classic
Houstatlantavegas , Malebolgia
Thumbs up Entertaining

Quote:
Originally Posted by Darol Ingalls
In the words of a former president "There you go again!" I'm a definately an "outsider" and will never join the WBCCI. But from that perspective, it seems a little confusing. I realize that the Cutters, Landyachts, Skydecks, etc. all carry the Airstream name but they surely look like all the other SOBs out there - big fiberglass boxes. If JAXON's opinion holds true, would Wally have been seen in those? I've been accused of being stuck in the '60's (what's wrong with that??) so when I think of Airstreams, I always think shinny rounded aluminum, usually vintage. It would be nice to be able to belong to the VAC without the requirement of membership in the WBCCI. It will be some years yet before the fiberglass boxes will be joining the VAC. I wonder what sort of discussion that will cause. Meantime, I'll keep reading this thread and enjoy the entertainment. Darol
DAROL..

We not a member either, But It is fun ain't it!!
Old 02-25-2008, 03:57 PM   #17
Retired.

Currently Looking...
. , At Large
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jaxon
So then, WBCCI leadership (& Jackson Center), is this all efforts on Fleetwood to try and gain some nostalgia for their other brands by piggybacking on the Airstream brand name?

Business has no loyalty so I can see Fleetwood hoping to gain from this, but WBCCI? Somehow or another, I just don't see Wally in a Winnebago or one of those massive 45' symbols of oppulance. But that's just me.

I'm finding that it's becomming alot easier in making a decision to join, or NOT.
The parent company of Airstream is Thor, not Fleetwood.
Old 02-25-2008, 03:59 PM   #18

2015 25' FB Flying Cloud
2012 23' FB Flying Cloud
2005 25' Safari
Santa Rosa Beach , Florida
I think that it's simply worderful that the WBCCI powers-that-be have chosen to reintroduce the Moho issue of last year. Maybe this year it can be mandated that only the IBT can vote on this issue or, better yet, the president can just decide everything. I'm quite sure that the rank and file membership will be just thrilled.

Brian
WBCCI #3628 -- AIR #14872 -- TAC #FL-7
2015 FC 25' FB (Lucy) with ProPride
2020 Silverado 2500 (Vivian)
2023 Rivian R1T (Opal)
moosetags is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-25-2008, 04:23 PM   #19
Rivet Master

Lapeer , Michigan
Quote:
Originally Posted by moosetags
I think that it's simply worderful that the WBCCI powers-that-be have chosen to reintroduce the Moho issue of last year. Maybe this year it can be mandated that only the IBT can vote on this issue or, better yet, the president can just decide everything. I'm quite sure that the rank and file membership will be just thrilled.

Brian
Is that like the slogan, what if they gave a war and no one showed up? I can just see the IBT in their tuxedos at dinner and coats and berets at their large meetings and empty fairgrounds while all the members were out having fun just camping somewhere else together around a bonfire. Ribbons, we don't need no stinkin' ribbons, tee hee.

photography
Old 02-25-2008, 04:26 PM   #20
Silver Mist

Currently Looking...
Riverhead , New York
Impeach the SOB's and I don't mean the motorhomes, these sob's are the IBT!

LI Pets is offline   Reply With Quote