Old 02-25-2008, 03:17 PM   #15
Rivet Master

1993 34' Excella
1962 16' Bambi
New Haven , Connecticut
Quote:
Originally Posted by Foiled Again
It's too bad Airstream can't find someone else to build and badge THAT kind of "Airstream Looking" Airstream Moho.
...rumor has it that Airstream has had quiet conversations with an outside company for possible production. Not something that will happen in the next year or two, but from what I hear the drawings have not been shredded.

Old 02-25-2008, 03:26 PM   #16
CLOUDSPLITTER "Tahawas"

2003 25' Classic
Zanadude Nebula , WNY
Thumbs up Entertaining

Quote:
Originally Posted by Darol Ingalls
In the words of a former president "There you go again!" I'm a definately an "outsider" and will never join the WBCCI. But from that perspective, it seems a little confusing. I realize that the Cutters, Landyachts, Skydecks, etc. all carry the Airstream name but they surely look like all the other SOBs out there - big fiberglass boxes. If JAXON's opinion holds true, would Wally have been seen in those? I've been accused of being stuck in the '60's (what's wrong with that??) so when I think of Airstreams, I always think shinny rounded aluminum, usually vintage. It would be nice to be able to belong to the VAC without the requirement of membership in the WBCCI. It will be some years yet before the fiberglass boxes will be joining the VAC. I wonder what sort of discussion that will cause. Meantime, I'll keep reading this thread and enjoy the entertainment. Darol
DAROL..

We not a member either, But It is fun ain't it!!

“After all these years the reason I continue to love Thanksgiving.....I still sit at the kids table.”
RLC

Sandra wanted to go to Cleveland on vacation,
but I’m the Husband, so we went to Cleveland.
RLC
ROBERT CROSS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-25-2008, 04:57 PM   #17
Well Preserved

1993 21' Sovereign
Colfax , North Carolina
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jaxon
So then, WBCCI leadership (& Jackson Center), is this all efforts on Fleetwood to try and gain some nostalgia for their other brands by piggybacking on the Airstream brand name?

Business has no loyalty so I can see Fleetwood hoping to gain from this, but WBCCI? Somehow or another, I just don't see Wally in a Winnebago or one of those massive 45' symbols of oppulance. But that's just me.

I'm finding that it's becomming alot easier in making a decision to join, or NOT.
The parent company of Airstream is Thor, not Fleetwood.
Old 02-25-2008, 04:59 PM   #18

2015 25' FB Flying Cloud
2012 23' FB Flying Cloud
2005 25' Safari
Santa Rosa Beach , Florida
I think that it's simply worderful that the WBCCI powers-that-be have chosen to reintroduce the Moho issue of last year. Maybe this year it can be mandated that only the IBT can vote on this issue or, better yet, the president can just decide everything. I'm quite sure that the rank and file membership will be just thrilled.

Brian
WBCCI #3628 -- AIR #14872 -- TAC #FL-7
2015 FC 25' FB (Lucy) with HAHA
2005 Suburban 2500 Quadrasteer (Olivia) & 2018 Silverado 2500 (Lillian)
moosetags is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-25-2008, 05:23 PM   #19
Rivet Master

2007 23' International CCD
Lapeer , Michigan
Quote:
Originally Posted by moosetags
I think that it's simply worderful that the WBCCI powers-that-be have chosen to reintroduce the Moho issue of last year. Maybe this year it can be mandated that only the IBT can vote on this issue or, better yet, the president can just decide everything. I'm quite sure that the rank and file membership will be just thrilled.

Brian
Is that like the slogan, what if they gave a war and no one showed up? I can just see the IBT in their tuxedos at dinner and coats and berets at their large meetings and empty fairgrounds while all the members were out having fun just camping somewhere else together around a bonfire. Ribbons, we don't need no stinkin' ribbons, tee hee.

photography
wheel interested is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-25-2008, 05:26 PM   #20
Silver Mist

1977 31' Sovereign
Riverhead , New York
Impeach the SOB's and I don't mean the motorhomes, these sob's are the IBT!

LI Pets is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-25-2008, 05:40 PM   #21
4 Rivet Member

Robert (Frantic Banana), Yes. And inexpensive, too! Darol
Old 02-25-2008, 06:14 PM   #22
Rivet Master

2007 25' Safari FB SE
Suburbia , Sunny So Cal
This non Airstream Moho crowd is a real pain in the neck. Fortunately the fun I have with the FCU outwieghs the misery these nitwits cause.

Sadly or gladly depending on your view. These folks won't be around too much longer and we'll be rid of these self centered short sighted people.

WBCCI 6731 FCU
AIR# 13896
CA 4
Goin camping is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-25-2008, 06:15 PM   #23
3 Rivet Member

Currently Looking...
2005 22' Interstate
Afton , Virginia
AAAK it's BAAACK

I thought it was written that you can't step into the same river twice.. But here we are, wading through the same water we waded last year.
That was a pretty good question "BTW, I know I'm a trailer person, but really what IS the appeal of MOHO's to seniors?".
Here's my personal answer. I don't like MoHo's per se, but being a VW addict, the Interstate appealed to me. It is the idea of being able to drive and park it almost anywhere you can park a 4-door pickup (except those parking structures), plus have your little efficiency apartment along. It's not for extended stays at a campground, it's for touring. It's not a McMansion, more like a motel room with a small kitchen. Wake up in the AM, unplug the shore power, coil up the cord, light off and roll. At night, find a campground, dump the holding tank, park, plug in shore power, eat supper and relax.
That's my answer, and I'm sticking to it.
regards
Old 02-25-2008, 07:14 PM   #24
Well Preserved

1993 21' Sovereign
Colfax , North Carolina
It's the "and officers" part of the proposal that bothers me most. If a member that currently owns an Airstream motor home replaces the motohome with an SOB, maybe that should be considered. BUT, I don't think they should be allowed to be officers of the club.
We've been to this barbeque before, and I understand the club is trying to retain membership until a long-term solution is found, but...
The club SHOULD be about people of like minds camping and pursuing outdoor interests together, that just happen to own Airstream products.
I had a much longer response ready to post, but I don't think it would be proper for a moderator to express those opinions that strongly.
Old 02-25-2008, 07:44 PM   #25
Rivet Master

Lapeer , Michigan
Quote:
Originally Posted by LI Pets
Impeach the SOB's and I don't mean the motorhomes, these sob's are the IBT!
Yes we can can! (them) I wish.

Appeal of Motorhomes? They are roomy and are good for wheelchairs and spouses or family of infirm members of the family, less transferring in and out and outdoor chores.

photography
Old 02-25-2008, 07:57 PM   #26
CLOUDSPLITTER "Tahawas"

2003 25' Classic
Zanadude Nebula , WNY
Thumbs up Strong Like Bull

Quote:
Originally Posted by overlander63
I had a much longer response ready to post, but I don't think it would be proper for a moderator to express those opinions that strongly.
We understand...but long is good.

“After all these years the reason I continue to love Thanksgiving.....I still sit at the kids table.”
RLC

Sandra wanted to go to Cleveland on vacation,
but I’m the Husband, so we went to Cleveland.
RLC
ROBERT CROSS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-25-2008, 08:15 PM   #27
Rivet Master

1979 23' Safari
1954 29' Liner
Orange , California
Quote:
Originally Posted by wheel interested

Appeal of Motorhomes? They are roomy and are good for wheelchairs and spouses or family of infirm members of the family, less transferring in and out and outdoor chores.
Carol,

I disagree, if you are in a wheelchair, as my wife is, it is much easier to get her to walk up three steps into our trailer than six or seven into a motorhome (unless you have a lift). On some motorhomes the entrance door is at the passenger seat and you must then navigate past the seat. The trailer door does not have those restraints.

Bill
Bill Kerfoot, WBCCI/VAC/CAC/El Camino Real Unit #5223
Just my personal opinion
1973 Dodge W200 PowerWagon, 1977 Lincoln Continental, 2014 Dodge Durango
1979 23' Safari, and 1954 29' Double Door Liner Orange, CA

http://billbethsblog.blogspot.com/
wkerfoot is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-25-2008, 08:32 PM   #28
Rivet Master

Lapeer , Michigan
That's very true Bill. I suppose there are many varied circumstances. My friend is considering a lift that swings out of the way since her family member cannot climb the stairs at all. The necessary wide wheel chair needs to be used inside as well with plenty of room to negotiate through the RV. It will save her back from lifting as often and transferring from tow vehicle to RV in all kinds of weather. And in some cases there are people that stay in the motorhome for weeks on end without having to get out if not traveling alone. I just can see why a motorhome has appeal for these two friends that suits their needs.

As a side neither of these friends are interested in the WBCCI, so I was just throwing that out to the poster in wonderment of appeal.

I am trying to color the issue of SOB motorhomes in the WBCCI. It's an Airstream club, I joined an Airstream club I want it to remain, always was and always should be. Once that is lost, the history of the Airstream club ends.

photography