Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Airstream Forums > Airstream Community Forums > Clubs, Organizations & Associations > WBCCI Forum
Click Here to Login
Register Vendors FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search Log in

Old 04-23-2008, 11:27 AM   #261
Rivet Master

1976 27' Overlander
Richmond , Virginia
Quote:
Originally Posted by SilverCabin
The proposed amendment was just defeated. It will not be sent on to the IBT.

Any Unit can bring it back up, but it is dead for now.

Randy
Randy,
Thanks for the update! Can you tell us how each unit voted?
Hensley Hitch
vajeep is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-23-2008, 11:43 AM   #262
Rivet Master

2014 27' Flying Cloud
Viera , Florida
Quote:
Originally Posted by vajeep
Randy,
Thanks for the update! Can you tell us how each unit voted?
There wasn't a roll call vote, only a show of hands. Of the 22 Units in Region 3, only four of five hands went up in favor of the amendment. All the rest voted no, and I didn't see any abstentions. I voted no for my Unit.

Randy
2014 27FB Flying Cloud - SilverCabin II
2018 F-150 Platinum - unnamed

The best part of any trip is when you pull away from home.
SilverCabin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-23-2008, 12:53 PM   #263
Rivet Master

1976 27' Overlander
Richmond , Virginia
Quote:
Originally Posted by SilverCabin
There wasn't a roll call vote, only a show of hands. Of the 22 Units in Region 3, only four of five hands went up in favor of the amendment. All the rest voted no, and I didn't see any abstentions. I voted no for my Unit.

Randy
Randy,
Thanks again, I was the only no vote in our unit I think our unit was 8-1 with the other members not responding.
Hensley Hitch
Old 04-23-2008, 06:45 PM   #264
Rivet Master

2014 27' Flying Cloud
Viera , Florida
The Region 3 Board consisting of the Region 3 leadership and all the Unit presidents from the region were asked to vote on sending the proposed change forward to the IBT to bring it before the International Delegates Meeting. All Region 3 Units had meetings before this Rally to decide this question (send forward or no). I don't know if the Unit Presidents were voting a majority or super majority decision at the unit level. I know in my unit we were unanimously against it.

There was some discussion as to wether or not the motion was proper and documented correctly by the proposing unit. There was assurances from the Region 3 President that it was. The International President stated that if it was forwarded to the IBT, it wouldn't be heard at Bozeman this year as it was too late. I got the feeling he was glad for that.

Before the Board voted, the Region 3 President asked for a show of hands from those in attendance as to their feeling on the proposal. That was about 1/3 for and 2/3 against.

The motion was to send the proposed change to the IBT. As I said before, the Board then voted NO to sending it forward. A simple majority was all that was needed to approve the motion to send the proposed change forward, but it failed.

I hope that answers your questions.

Randy
2014 27FB Flying Cloud - SilverCabin II
2018 F-150 Platinum - unnamed

The best part of any trip is when you pull away from home.
SilverCabin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-23-2008, 08:23 PM   #265
Rivet Master

2006 25' Safari SS SE
1969 27' Overlander
Martinez , Georgia
That's really good news. Maybe the meeting in Bozeman can focus on moving the club forward instead of looking back to last year!

Thanks for the update.

Matt
mbmbstreamer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-23-2008, 11:23 PM   #266
tincantom

1975 25' Tradewind
Crossville , Tennessee
Talking I still don't understand ...

why Airstream can't let Four Winds or some Thor enity build them an "Airstream" MOHO. I know what they said about warranties and service, etc (not like there was never a problem with whether Airstream or Frieghtliner was responsible for problems on A*S class As, but they are selling Interstates and previously sold B-vans which were not built in Jackson Center. I am not sure the B-vans weren't finished at Airstream, but you get my drift. If they have to drive them through Jackson Center to stick the Airstream logo on them then they'd have an Airstream MOHO. Oh well, I'm not in a position of making those decisions Thank God!

Anyway, great news about the Reg 3 vote.

Tom

Classic Airstreams put the silver in silver city
tincantom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-24-2008, 12:47 PM   #267
Tom, the Uber Disney Fan

2006 30' Safari
Orlando , Florida
Quote:
Originally Posted by tincantom
why Airstream can't let Four Winds or some Thor enity build them an "Airstream" MOHO.
Tom, we don't even want to go there...again. It's just another can of worms that is so subject to interpretation...is it really an Airstream? I would love to see Airstream bring back a Classic aluminum semi-monocoque bodied Class A but I doubt the economics will ever be there again.

We went to the RV show at Road Atlanta this past weekend and I must say, I envy all the storage, built-in washer and dryers, and multiple slide-outs that the big (and some are really big, mind you--45' long big) Class A motorhomes have, but I still love my Airstream and wouldn't give it up for any of the Class A's we saw. However, Missus MM sure did like those Monacos!
WBCCI# 4821
https://streaminacrossamerica.com/
Minnie's Mate is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-24-2008, 01:43 PM   #268
Rivet Master

1976 27' Overlander
Richmond , Virginia
That the only way motorhomes should come to the forefront again is if and when Airstream ever starts making them again.
from 65GT post#284
---amen!
Hensley Hitch
Old 04-24-2008, 03:18 PM   #269
Tom, the Uber Disney Fan

2006 30' Safari
Orlando , Florida
Quote:
Originally Posted by vajeep
That the only way motorhomes should come to the forefront again is if and when Airstream ever starts making them again.
from 65GT post#284
---amen!
This would be a non-issue since the current constitution already allows motor homes manufactured by Airstream so if they start making them again there will be no need to amend the constitution since the motorhome owners will already qualify for membership under the current by-laws.
WBCCI# 4821
https://streaminacrossamerica.com/
Minnie's Mate is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-24-2008, 04:40 PM   #270
Rivet Master

1954 25' Cruiser
Kyle , The Republic of Texas
Quote:
Originally Posted by 65GT
Ha! When is the last time you actually had a reality check?

My comments are based on the ramblings of a long term past Airstream President.

Your challenge to that statement is based on, hmmm, let me go re-check...

Yes, par for the course, your challenge is based on NOTHING. Please Mr. Cipot, educate us all and show us where I've missed the mark on my research. I'll be happy to show you mine -- I'm dying to see yours...

Empty posturing will only get you so far. I'm up for the challenge -- are you?
65GT - I get the impression you don't have anywhere or anyone else to take out your pent up aggressions. The VAST amount of discussion here on the Forums on this topic is done without attacking folks expressing their opinions, whereas YOUR replies become more & more argumentative & agressive . I would think your comments might be better focussed directly at the IBT / WBCCI officers and not the good folks on this Forum. I'm upset with the flake officer in Florida too, but I don't get my kicks "yelling" in people's faces. Maybe you just need to go camping.

I for one would appreciate it if you would lighten up some and be more constructive. BTW - I don't always disagree with you - just the mean spirited delivery.
whitsend is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-24-2008, 04:44 PM   #271
Rivet Master

1954 25' Cruiser
Quote:
Originally Posted by dwightdi
The Region 3 President let the cat out of the bag at the Sarasota Rally. His home unit has redrafted the 2007 motorhome proposal and passed it on for he and his Region VP's to sign and get to Jackson Center by March 1st. The wording I got was a little vague but, it seems to allow mebers/officers to buy other brands of motorhomes and retain their positions in the club. Jackson Center will distribute the proposal the units by April 1st. Due to the timing, the notice is not likely to appear in the April Blue Beret and the general membership will not know about it until the May edition comes out. This will be after some of the units will have held their spring rallies, where the proposal should have been be voted upon by the members. Some members are upset by the tactics. If you want to read the whole story and the conversations about it, go over to savewally.org in their forum section.
Is there any new information on this ?
whitsend is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-24-2008, 05:27 PM   #272
E Pluribus Aluminus

2008 34' Classic S/O
1967 22' Safari
2005 30' Classic
Land Of Enchantment , New Mexico
http://www.airforums.com/forums/atta...1&d=1206756160

Y'all arguing about me? How sweet...
The trouble with trouble is it always starts out as fun...
Jaxon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-24-2008, 07:54 PM   #273
Rivet Master

Southwestern , Ohio
Thumbs up SOB MoHo 2008 is history

Quote:
Originally Posted by Whitsend
Is there any new information on this ?
Not sure exactly what you're asking. . . did you see post 276 and subsequent on this thread? The motion was just voted down by a large majority at the Region 3 rally.

Cheers,
Nuvi
Nuvite-F is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-25-2008, 07:39 PM   #274
4 Rivet Member

2003 39' Land Yacht XL 330 hp w/2slides
White Lake , Michigan
Leo,
Have to disagree about four winns having a better class "A" MH than airstream. As you know, the chassis and body are pretty standard with MHs. It is the interior and the quality of components installed, much like your AS trailer. My wife loves the hickory cabinetry and solid wood doors on ours.
We have looked at the mandalay and don't think it has the quality ours does. It does have four slideouts though. The reason AS did not sell more MHs was strictly a lack of marketing. Nobody out there knew they made a MH and it won't pay the bills when you make 3 or 4 a month. Dave at AS told me they could not afford the R&D to install four slideouts,tag axles,etc. Our next MH will be a used prevost or a country coach affinity. We do feel bad AS class "A" never got off the ground. We have a lot of friends in FMCA and we all have a problem or two with quality just like your trailer. I am not offended by your remark, just felt I needed to correct the quality issue. We have looked at and compared a lot of MHs and mandalay and four winns would not be our choice for a replacement.
bfred is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-25-2008, 08:30 PM   #275
Rivet Master
Commercial Member

Vintage Kin Owner
Naples , Florida
Quote:
Originally Posted by bfred
Leo,
Have to disagree about four winns having a better class "A" MH than airstream. As you know, the chassis and body are pretty standard with MHs. It is the interior and the quality of components installed, much like your AS trailer. My wife loves the hickory cabinetry and solid wood doors on ours.
We have looked at the mandalay and don't think it has the quality ours does. It does have four slideouts though. The reason AS did not sell more MHs was strictly a lack of marketing. Nobody out there knew they made a MH and it won't pay the bills when you make 3 or 4 a month. Dave at AS told me they could not afford the R&D to install four slideouts,tag axles,etc. Our next MH will be a used prevost or a country coach affinity. We do feel bad AS class "A" never got off the ground. We have a lot of friends in FMCA and we all have a problem or two with quality just like your trailer. I am not offended by your remark, just felt I needed to correct the quality issue. We have looked at and compared a lot of MHs and mandalay and four winns would not be our choice for a replacement.
Allow me to inject a little on the 'quality' issue concerning motor homes. These big rigs are my daily deal.......I'm in, underneath and thoroughly thru these expensive creations every day. bfed, if it's true quality that you're after, I would seriously look at a used Newell Coach.

These are purpose-built as motor homes on a chassis that is specifically made to BE a motor home by Newell......not Spartan, Freightliner, Ford or any other chassis manufacturer. They are created from scratch as a motor home, not a bus conversion like a Prevost. They are built 100% in the USA in Miami, Oklahoma and having worked on just about every type of MoHo out there, I truly believe that they are the finest built rig on the market. Newells are also the easiest to work on from my side of things............YMMV
lewster is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-25-2008, 11:43 PM   #276
4 Rivet Member

1962 22' Safari
1973 25' Tradewind
1968 30' Sovereign
Salt Lake City , Utah
I love it! The Motorhome Issue . . . .

I arrived in Perry last year completely oblivious to this issue. My neighbor in Perry: Leo of New York. He promptly informed me that the only reason he even came to hot, ant infested place was to lead the charge in defeating the motorhome issue. I was quickly educated as to what the heck he was talking about. I respect his passion and agreed with his position.

I have a little bit of sympathy for the old crowd pushing the motorhomes. They have a long history with WBCCI and whatever their twisted reasons have decided monster motor homes better fit their needs. Who am I to dispute their choices? Really.

Of course it's my passion for rounded aluminum trailers that got me to Perry to begin with. All the same, everyone was pretty nice regardless of the kind of rig they were in. Even those folks in the big ugly motorhomes with Airstream labels on them!

I'll maintain my WBCCI membership whether this issue lives or dies, though I too hope it dies. I'll also be joining Tin Can Tourists before too long.

Trailerites and Motorhome-ites unite! Let's all just get along.

; )

Cheers,
Follow me on Instagram: https://www.instagram.com/jimbreitinger/
utahredrock is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-26-2008, 08:14 AM   #277
Rivet Master

1954 25' Cruiser
Quote:
Originally Posted by Nuvite-F
Not sure exactly what you're asking. . . did you see post 276 and subsequent on this thread? The motion was just voted down by a large majority at the Region 3 rally. Cheers, Nuvi
Nuvi - Thanks. No, I was in a rush and didn't scroll back for the answer to my own question, as I should have.

I appreciate you taking the time to wake me up!!
Old 04-26-2008, 05:59 PM   #278
4 Rivet Member

2003 39' Land Yacht XL 330 hp w/2slides
White Lake , Michigan
LEWSTER'
Thanks for the advice. Bill Davis from "Bill Davis Racing" said the same thing.
Used Newells are a little harder to find, but will consider your advice when the time comes. Country Coach also builds their MHs from the ground up and I think Monaco does also.
bfred is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-27-2008, 07:51 AM   #279
Rivet Master
Commercial Member

Vintage Kin Owner
Naples , Florida
Quote:
Originally Posted by bfred
LEWSTER'
Thanks for the advice. Bill Davis from "Bill Davis Racing" said the same thing.
Used Newells are a little harder to find, but will consider your advice when the time comes. Country Coach also builds their MHs from the ground up and I think Monaco does also.
True!

But having full-timed in a Monaco Dynasty for 5 years, I can tell you that there is no comparison in the design, component placement, ease of maintanance and overall fit/finish between Monaco, Country Coach or any othe fiberglass-sided coach and a Newell.

If I ever get another MoHo....it will surely be a Newell (after I win the lottery, of course! )
lewster is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-27-2008, 01:38 PM   #280
Aluminitus Carrier

1968 26' Overlander
south lake tahoe , California
Send a message via Skype™ to lovingtahoe
great idea!

Name:   moho-issue.jpg
Views: 273
Size:  22.4 KB
Roman's idea on how to solve two problems!!!

1) Airstream has a ton of Basecamps that they need to get rid of
2) The silly moho vs airstreamer thing....

WBCCI - #4066 / Sierra Nevada Unit 157
TAC - # CA-9
South Lake Tahoe, California
lovingtahoe is offline   Reply With Quote