Old 03-17-2008, 03:03 PM   #155
J&C
4 Rivet Member

2002 31' Classic
Hillsboro , Texas
Quote:
Originally Posted by starflyte1
If the WBCCI does ever vote to allow SOBs to join, I would not renew my WBCCI membership. Until that time, should it happen, I will continue to belong.
Starflyte1,
Alot of members say the same thing. If this amendment goes away then the focus should be to save WBCCI.

JB

Old 03-17-2008, 04:09 PM   #156
Rivet Master

1997 30' Limited
1972 23' Safari
1965 17' Caravel
Howell , Michigan
Send a message via AIM to Airboss Send a message via MSN to Airboss Send a message via Yahoo to Airboss
Somewhere I saw a post of a brand new A/S MOHO for sale on a thread and thought it was this one. I cant find it but they are still out there for those who are wanting a new one. That should take care of thoses people who need new ones....Anybody know where that post is??

Old 03-17-2008, 11:47 PM   #157
Tom, the Uber Disney Fan

2006 30' Safari
Orlando , Florida
Quote:
Originally Posted by Airboss
Somewhere I saw a post of a brand new A/S MOHO for sale on a thread and thought it was this one. I cant find it but they are still out there for those who are wanting a new one. That should take care of thoses people who need new ones....Anybody know where that post is??
All you have to do is check the ads in the Blue Beret...you know the official publication of the WBCCI. They have several ads that have "new" dealer inventory that ranges from unsold '06 to '07 models. Airstream quit making them because there was such a small demand for them. I guess the only folks that want a new Airstream motor home are the octogenarians on the IBT. Just don't get me started!
WBCCI# 4821
http://streaminacrossamerica.com/
Minnie's Mate is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-18-2008, 01:04 AM   #158
Rivet Master

1965 17' Caravel
1983 27' Excella
Walnut Grove/Laguna Woods , California
Send a message via Yahoo to Jim Foster
Think about it this way

Let's say the situation was reversed, that is, Airstream motorhome sales were great, and Airstream stopped building trailers and built just motorhomes. Does anyone think those of us with trailers would be welcome by the motorhome owners, or trailer owners for that matter, to buy another brand of trailer and remain in WBCCI?

Of course not. We would have to buy an Airstream motorhome or find another club.
Old 03-18-2008, 06:03 AM   #159
E Pluribus Aluminus

2008 34' Classic S/O
1967 22' Safari
2005 30' Classic
Rockport , Texas
Send a message via AIM to Jaxon Send a message via Yahoo to Jaxon
Quote:
Originally Posted by cooperhawk
Well, the message seems to be that if you have a motorhome and want to get something newer, get a trailer or GET OUT! Okay, I get it. I've already quit the WBCCI.
I looked at the poll question:
"Should Regular WBCCI members who own a Motor Home manufactured by Airstream be allowed to purchase a Class A Motor Home manufactured by the Four Winds International Division of Thor & retain their membership in WBCCI?

and what I read is not that you can't own a newer model Airstream Motorhome and retain membership, you just can't another brand of motorhome (by Thor) and be a member of WBCCI. The question is worded kind of funky...

IMHO, I believe WBCCI represents Airstreams (mohos & trailers). Not any other brand of trailer or moho manufactured by Thor, 4-winds, passing wind, whatever...
Jaxon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-18-2008, 07:19 AM   #160
tincantom

1975 25' Tradewind
Crossville , Tennessee
newer motorhome

Quote:
Originally Posted by cooperhawk
Well, the message seems to be that if you have a motorhome and want to get something newer, get a trailer or GET OUT! Okay, I get it. I've already quit the WBCCI.
Middle TN Airstream has a brand spanking new Airstream moho with factory discount sells for about 195K. Qualifies for WBCCI membership because it's an Airstream, and it is NEW.

Classic Airstreams put the silver in silver city
tincantom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-18-2008, 08:25 AM   #161
Tom, the Uber Disney Fan

2006 30' Safari
Orlando , Florida
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jaxon
I looked at the poll question:
"Should Regular WBCCI members who own a Motor Home manufactured by Airstream be allowed to purchase a Class A Motor Home manufactured by the Four Winds International Division of Thor & retain their membership in WBCCI?

and what I read is not that you can't own a newer model Airstream Motorhome and retain membership, you just can't another brand of motorhome (by Thor) and be a member of WBCCI. The question is worded kind of funky...

IMHO, I believe WBCCI represents Airstreams (mohos & trailers). Not any other brand of trailer or moho manufactured by Thor, 4-winds, passing wind, whatever...
I read the question the same way.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jim Foster
Let's say the situation was reversed, that is, Airstream motorhome sales were great, and Airstream stopped building trailers and built just motorhomes. Does anyone think those of us with trailers would be welcome by the motorhome owners, or trailer owners for that matter, to buy another brand of trailer and remain in WBCCI?

Of course not. We would have to buy an Airstream motorhome or find another club.
I would hope we Airstream trailer owners would be welcomed, but I wouldn't expect the majority Airstream motor home club to accept trailers of a different brand.

I think a lot of Airstream motor home owners are uncomfortable with this issue because the units produced after 1995 are not the Classic semi-monocoque aluminum bodied "silver bullet" and they fear that this is an assault on them as well. I don't think it is, or at least it isn't in my mind. Yes, I'm sure that there are units that treat the Land Yachts, A-series and XL-350's(?) as red headed step children at the family bar-b-que, but as long as it is an Airstream product, this shouldn't be the case and I really can't see this leading to excluding them from the club. At least I certainly wouldn't go along with that.
WBCCI# 4821
Old 03-18-2008, 02:00 PM   #162
Rivet Master

1997 30' Limited
1972 23' Safari
1965 17' Caravel
Howell , Michigan
Send a message via AIM to Airboss Send a message via MSN to Airboss Send a message via Yahoo to Airboss
Quote:
Originally Posted by tincantom
Middle TN Airstream has a brand spanking new Airstream moho with factory discount sells for about 195K. Qualifies for WBCCI membership because it's an Airstream, and it is NEW.
Good Idea!! Post them on here. That way they can buy em up as they are posted and that should end this issue once and for all.. Whatcha think???
Old 03-18-2008, 03:18 PM   #163
Rivet Master

Southwestern , Ohio
Quote:
Originally Posted by Airboss
Good Idea!! Post them on here. That way they can buy em up as they are posted and that should end this issue once and for all.. Whatcha think???
The only trouble is that the people promoting this amendment don't read these forums. . .
Old 03-18-2008, 03:29 PM   #164
Rivet Master

1997 30' Limited
1972 23' Safari
1965 17' Caravel
Howell , Michigan
Quote:
Originally Posted by Nuvite-F
The only trouble is that the people promoting this amendment don't read these forums. . .
Well the fellow on post 164 does.. Maybe we should post them on the WBCCI site??
Old 03-18-2008, 03:57 PM   #165
Tom, the Uber Disney Fan

2006 30' Safari
Orlando , Florida
It doesn't matter Airboss. MiddleTN Airstream advertises the two new A-39's they have in stock in the Blue Beret! So does a couple of other Airstream dealers. In fact, Bates in Tampa has at least one A-37 and at least one unsold Land Yacht (they advertise them in the banner ads on this forum) and I believe they are advertised in the Blue Beret. If the IBT and et al promoting this amendment aren't seeing the ads in their own official publication, they certainly won't see them on their own web site. It just goes to show you, when you have your head stuck...eh hem...in the sand, you can't see what's right in front of you.
WBCCI# 4821
Old 03-18-2008, 04:05 PM   #166
Rivet Master

1997 30' Limited
1972 23' Safari
1965 17' Caravel
Howell , Michigan
Yeah you could be right about that.. Well at least they are out there for sale and looks as if they should read a little bit before hand...
Old 03-18-2008, 04:17 PM   #167
CLOUDSPLITTER "Tahawas"

2003 25' Classic
Zanadude Nebula , WNY
Thumbs up Yup

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jim Foster

TOOT SWEET

“After all these years the reason I continue to love Thanksgiving.....I still sit at the kids table.”
RLC

Sandra wanted to go to Cleveland on vacation,
but I’m the Husband, so we went to Cleveland.
RLC
ROBERT CROSS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-19-2008, 11:03 AM   #168
4 Rivet Member

2003 39' Land Yacht XL 330 hp w/2slides
White Lake , Michigan
As an owner of a 2004 396XL, let me chime in here. I agree with all these posts and am opposed to any amendment allowing SOB MHs being allowed in WBCCI. We did not renew our membership because of the politics and insistance of the IBT to pass an amendment. We did get treated like red headed stepchildren at some WBCCI functions, but not our own unit. Some refer to our motorhome as the mothership.
Airboss, we are not that old(a little maybe). It is my opinion that the WBCCI is for AS trailer owners and we MH owners are invited guests and should act that way, not the other way around which is the attitude of the IBT at this time.
FYI. there are 7 brand new AS MHs for sale right now at reduced prices.

bfred is offline   Reply With Quote