Reply
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
 
Old 01-14-2007, 02:50 PM   #43
Rivet Master
 
myboyburt's Avatar
 
1993 25' Excella
Beautiful , New Hampshire
Join Date: May 2003
Posts: 2,705
Images: 12
Blog Entries: 7
Quote:
Originally Posted by Buttercup
I wish facts like these were thought about a long time ago. This is why I say a marketing plan for the WBCCI is so badly needed. Instead of throwing darts at a new name, the leadership should look closely at the demographic of the members staying and those leaving. It is the ones leaving that the club should be analyzing. We already know what the club is doing good to keep members in......
Funny, I've been emailing a fellow WBCCI member (outside of my Unit) about marketing materials for the WBCCI just today. I agree with what you say, our club needs to do an overhaul of it's marketing strategy and materials. And once this is done I think they should assist the Region/Units by providing training (web based, or classroom at International) on how to effectively use the materials, track the success of marketing events and then Headquarters should reward Region/Units which actively go after non-WBCCI Airstream owners, get them to join the club and keep them in the club.
__________________

__________________
Michelle & Leon
New England Unit

myboyburt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-14-2007, 03:02 PM   #44
Rivet Master
 
juel's Avatar

 
1976 31' Sovereign
Currently Looking...
Chandler , Oklahoma
Join Date: Oct 2004
Posts: 1,770
Images: 24
I joined when I got my Argosy; however, I really wasn't able to join in with any of the activities since I'm still working. I didn't renew my membership but it wasn't because the people weren't friendly. I just didn't see a benefit for the money, at least not right now. Maybe when I have more freedom. After reading some of the discussions on the Forum, I may not be WBCCI material. I don't do well with lots and lots of unnecessary rules. Perhaps things will change by the time I retire and I will "fit in".
__________________

__________________
juel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-14-2007, 03:17 PM   #45
Rivet Master
 
myboyburt's Avatar
 
1993 25' Excella
Beautiful , New Hampshire
Join Date: May 2003
Posts: 2,705
Images: 12
Blog Entries: 7
Quote:
Originally Posted by juel
I joined when I got my Argosy; however, I really wasn't able to join in with any of the activities since I'm still working. I didn't renew my membership but it wasn't because the people weren't friendly. I just didn't see a benefit for the money, at least not right now. Maybe when I have more freedom. After reading some of the discussions on the Forum, I may not be WBCCI material. I don't do well with lots and lots of unnecessary rules. Perhaps things will change by the time I retire and I will "fit in".
Hey Juel,

Not all units have lots of rules. For the most part our "rules" are there are no rules. Just common courtesy is expected of our members.

I do feel that International dues are expensive compared to other RV clubs I belong to. But then again my RV is expensive compared to others on the market. I feel I'm getting more than my monies worth from my local club now, and hope to take advantage of caravaning with the WBCCI in the future so I pay the $75.00 yearly fee ($55.00 International, $20.00 Unit).

Hope to see you back in the future....
__________________
Michelle & Leon
New England Unit

myboyburt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-14-2007, 03:40 PM   #46
Rivet Master
 
Denis4x4's Avatar
 
2006 25' Safari FB SE
Currently Looking...
Durango , Colorado
Join Date: Feb 2006
Posts: 1,111
"I wish facts like these were thought about a long time ago. This is why I say a marketing plan for the WBCCI is so badly needed. Instead of throwing darts at a new name, the leadership should look closely at the demographic of the members staying and those leaving. It is the ones leaving that the club should be analyzing. We already know what the club is doing good to keep members in......"

This is probably one of the best ideas I've seen on the this website relating to the WBCCI. The only thing I would add on the subject of securing a marketing plan would be to use an independent company with no ties to the WBCCI, Thor Industries or ownership of an Airstream.

It's been my experience that advice that is paid for is more likely to be taken seriously. The only problem I see is if a marketing company with excellent references comes up with ideas like a name change and/or redefining the goals of the organization, the money will have been wasted on and by closed minds.
__________________
Denis4x4 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-14-2007, 03:44 PM   #47
Craftsman
Guest
 
Posts: n/a
I'm out after two years .This is just my personal opinion but the club and the publication has the feel and smell of an old persons home and I have a feeling that I'm going to be dead and gone before that changes..I would pay the dues just for the magazine if it really had anything worthwhile to say but after Airstream Life thats all the information that I need. There may be a few units out there that cater to a younger group but on the whole WBCCI is an old persons club.Like I said my opinion only.
__________________
  Reply With Quote
Old 01-14-2007, 04:27 PM   #48
Rivet Master
 
1975 29' Ambassador
Reno , Nevada
Join Date: May 2003
Posts: 1,351
Quote:
our club needs to do an overhaul of it's marketing strategy and materials
you mean it has one to overhaul? ;-)

consider this perception:
Quote:
This is just my personal opinion but the club and the publication has the feel and smell of an old persons home and I have a feeling that I'm going to be dead and gone before that changes
which does not appear all that uncommon. Isn't such a perception an indication of a lack of effective marketing?

Then there is the problem of numbers or measures or metrics. Isn't it rather sad that the best we have is from one enthusiast's manual examination of the directory which is out of date when published and several steps removed from the original data?

And then you can look at what is being done in the 'sales and marketing' area. Do you see clearly defined goals, vision, strategy, feedback mechanisms, measures, planning, and all those other professional things that are currently considered necessary for competence in a proper corporate effort? Or is it a mad mayhem and mishmash of impromtu ..... uh oh, I see the mob coming, I better run.
__________________
bryanl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-14-2007, 04:40 PM   #49
VAC President
 
Buttercup's Avatar
 
1977 27' Overlander
1954 25' Cruiser
1990 34.5' Airstream 345
VC Highlands , Nevada
Join Date: Mar 2005
Posts: 2,149
Send a message via Skype™ to Buttercup
Quote:
Originally Posted by Denis4x4
The only thing I would add on the subject of securing a marketing plan would be to use an independent company with no ties to the WBCCI, Thor Industries or ownership of an Airstream.

It's been my experience that advice that is paid for is more likely to be taken seriously. The only problem I see is if a marketing company with excellent references comes up with ideas like a name change and/or redefining the goals of the organization, the money will have been wasted on and by closed minds.
This is something we actually talked about during the name change issue last year. The only marketing that we could find was the committee chair asking a friend if the new logo and name looked good. That's it! Not one move was made to see if a name change was really the problem. I can say for sure that WBCCI has no idea what identity is or what it means to a 50+ year old club.
No I have felt for a long time that a marketing plan should be developed by a team of people who are well versed in this area.
__________________
Buttercup's Web Site. WBCCI #17330, 11281 & 7830. VAC Past President, TAC NV-2 & NV-3
Buttercup is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-14-2007, 06:31 PM   #50
Rivet Master
 
1975 29' Ambassador
Reno , Nevada
Join Date: May 2003
Posts: 1,351
Quote:
I can say for sure that WBCCI has no idea what identity is or what it means to a 50+ year old club.
It is the membership that reflect the identity of the club. Fortunately for WBCCI, there are some (many) corners where members have figured this out and acted on it. Unfortunately, there are also quite a few who don't seem to care much but probably that is because they don't really know how to.

Quote:
I have felt for a long time that a marketing plan should be developed by a team of people who are well versed in this area.
That gets to Dwight's point that a competent executive is needed, someone who knows how to set up the infrastructure to get the job done and manage it professionally. WBCCI has chosen not to have an ED for quite a while, now. Perhaps this should change.
__________________

__________________
bryanl is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply


Currently Active Users Viewing This Thread: 1 (0 members and 1 guests)
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are Off
Pingbacks are Off
Refbacks are Off


Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
WBCCI Membership for free thenewkid64 WBCCI Forum 17 05-01-2011 11:17 PM
WBCCI 2003 Membership Directory Kistler Our Community 23 01-14-2003 11:00 AM
Membership in WBCCI winner General Motorhome Topics 5 01-08-2003 11:21 AM
WBCCI membership Kistler Our Community 4 11-11-2002 06:56 PM
Regarding WBCCI Membership...How about this??? InsideOut Our Community 1 08-31-2002 09:16 PM


Virginia Campgrounds

Reviews provided by




Copyright 2002- Social Knowledge, LLC All Rights Reserved.

All times are GMT -6. The time now is 08:34 PM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.8 Beta 1
Copyright ©2000 - 2017, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.

Airstream is a registered trademark of Airstream Inc. All rights reserved. Airstream trademark used under license to Social Knowledge LLC.