Old 05-12-2011, 02:08 PM   #57
Silver Mist

1977 31' Sovereign
Riverhead , New York
Quote:
Originally Posted by dwightdi View Post
The new Constitution will likely hamper this process.
Would you care to elaborate on that?

LI Pets is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-12-2011, 02:30 PM   #58
Rivet Master

1977 31' Sovereign
1963 26' Overlander
1989 34' Excella
Johnsburg , Illinois
Without voting delegates, there will be no need to instruct them, and no need for the units to discuss the issues to develop instruct them. Without proportional voting, getting enough votes to organize a resistance to the ideas of the leaders can only be done by a large letter writing campaign. The content of the Blue Beret is closely controlled by the International President and his EC friends. You can easily see that in the choices of the letters to the editor they chosen to print. Non-approved candidates for office were not allowed to publish their resumes, even when they volunteered to pay the printing and distribution costs. Therefore, the unbiased pros and cons will not reach the members in any organized way. The club lawyers have already threatened people who have used the club e-mail list in the past, so that method of communication has been threatened. The 40 % of the membership, without email addresses, are completely uneconomically reachable. Without the ability to organize and the need to have Unit meetings about the issues, the New Constitution will hamper the ability to organize and resist proposals from the top.

Old 05-12-2011, 03:52 PM   #59
Silver Mist

1977 31' Sovereign
Riverhead , New York
Quote:
Originally Posted by dwightdi View Post
The content of the Blue Beret is closely controlled by the International President and his EC friends. You can easily see that in the choices of the letters to the editor they chosen to print.
I can tell you how to make that happen.

Quote:
Non-approved candidates for office were not allowed to publish their resumes, even when they volunteered to pay the printing and distribution costs.
That issue was fully addressed in the Revision, agree?

Quote:
Therefore, the unbiased pros and cons will not reach the members in any organized way. The club lawyers have already threatened people who have used the club e-mail list in the past, so that method of communication has been threatened.
As you know I was very close to that issue, it was miss-handled and money wasted, by a past IP.

You now can amend to allow that without interference, as it is now you can use for club related biz.

Quote:
The 40 % of the membership, without email addresses,
I think it is closer to 20% but another 20% requested their emails not be listed because they are afraid of spam.

Quote:
completely uneconomically reachable.
you mean by mail, I agree.

Quote:
Without the ability to organize and the need to have Unit meetings about the issues
I don't see any difference in the Unit meeting, you have the Caucus to organize any members with streaming.

LI Pets is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-12-2011, 08:15 PM   #60
Rivet Master

2006 25' Safari SS SE
1969 27' Overlander
Martinez , Georgia
I prefer to address serious questions.
mbmbstreamer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-28-2011, 05:09 AM   #61
Rivet Master

1977 31' Sovereign
1963 26' Overlander
1989 34' Excella
Johnsburg , Illinois
There is a Thor Motorhome Club specifically for those people who want to buy non-Airstream motorhomes from Thor. If you do not want an Airstream, buy one of those and move your membership over there. I think they even provide financial support to that organization as they have withdrawn support from WBCCI.