Old 02-06-2011, 07:17 AM   #15
Slide Out Society #001

2007 30' Classic S/O
Somewhere , South Carolina
RoadHungry,

I have a 30' S/O and we had a leak with the slide retracted, it showed up at the bottom corner of the slide cutout. I ran the slide out and the compression seal that was attached across the top of the slide was hanging down, detached. I retracted the slide, disabled the awning by disconnected the awning arms, carefully placed them up, leaning on the roof, this gains access to the seal area, extended the slide enough to work on reattaching the compression seal with double faced indoor/outdoor carpet tape. No leak. Also check to make sure that the drain holes are clear, slide retracted, long reach to bottom corner, hole is about 1/2" or so.

Good luck.

S/OS #001
2005 Dodge Ram 2500 5.9L 6 Speed
16" Michelins, Hi Spec Wheels, Max Brake, Carslile Actuator, Equal-i-zer, Dill TPMS. Campfire cook.
GCinSC2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-24-2012, 04:43 PM   #16
2 Rivet Member

2004 28' Safari S/O
Tifton , Georgia
Well I forgot to follow up on this thread but I found the culprit for the leak. On both sides of the slide out are drain holes which were clear. But the leak side carpet was not cut properly from the factory and hung down in the drain just enough to absorb water in heavy downpours. sharp knife and small hands made the leak go away. Thanks for all the input.

RoadHungry is offline   Reply With Quote