Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Airstream Forums > Airstream Knowledgebase > Airstream Trailer Forums > International > 2002 - 2005 International
Click Here to Login
Register Vendors FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search Log in

Old 08-14-2005, 09:19 PM   #1
Rivet Master

Some Place with a German Name , Texas
Send a message via AIM to Westfalia
Thumbs up Tables, Couches and the Bambi CCD

OK, I have owned and used my 04 Bambi CCD for about a month now.

First, the table is not level from front to back. Either the table leg is too long, or the wall brackets were not mounted at the right level. I took table off of the wall looking for obvious answers, but found none. I did find a sticker on the back of the table leg showing the leg is 30 1/2" inches long. Does this check out with others tables?

So . . .

After looking at the dinette area sans table, I rather liked it. I'm thinking of ways to try and convert the area into a couch-like area. Has anyone else done something similar?

I have been trying to find good pictures or measurements of the couch option in the Bambi CCD, but I have come up with many blanks. Do the water tank and pump have a different configuration with the couch option to tuck under the couch, or could it be easy to completely order and convert to the couch from the dinette?
Westfalia is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-14-2005, 09:37 PM   #2
Retired.

Currently Looking...
. , At Large
Quote:
Originally Posted by Westfalia

First, the table is not level from front to back. Either the table leg is too long, or the wall brackets were not mounted at the right level. I took table off of the wall looking for obvious answers, but found none. I did find a sticker on the back of the table leg showing the leg is 30 1/2" inches long. Does this check out with others tables?

So . . .

After looking at the dinette area sans table, I rather liked it. I'm thinking of ways to try and convert the area into a couch-like area. Has anyone else done something similar?

I have been trying to find good pictures or measurements of the couch option in the Bambi CCD, but I have come up with many blanks. Do the water tank and pump have a different configuration with the couch option to tuck under the couch, or could it be easy to completely order and convert to the couch from the dinette?
Check Rich Luhr's Vintage Thunder blog for another solution. He had a couch seat built against the front wall, and moounted the table to the floor on a pedestal. He can still use the table as a table, and also make it into a bed, as well as having a U-shaped couch for non-sleeping use.
Old 08-14-2005, 09:40 PM   #3
Rivet Master

Quote:

So . . .

What did I tell you? This Westaflia guy is a tinkering machine! Give him enough time and we'll all be "customized".
67caravel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-15-2005, 12:06 AM   #4
Rivet Master

2012 25' FB Eddie Bauer
Vintage Kin Owner
Virginia Beach , Virginia
I like the way you think!

Quote:
I've thought the same thing. That dinette is small. I find it more comfortable and roomy with the cushions off and pillows on the seat. I tried to sleep on the cushions one time before inviting my sister to go on a trip with me - awful! Add an air mattress or featherbed before you put any adult you like on it.

I'm playing with similar ideas. I've toyed with the idea of a smaller table on a wheels with a hydraulic lift pedestal. I'm not terribly concerned with being able to convert it into a bed, but I suppose I'd need it two weeks after I eliminated the possibility. Keep us posted as you evolve your ideas.

Tin Lizzie

Tin Lizzie
Foiled Again is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-15-2005, 07:16 PM   #5
Rivet Master

Some Place with a German Name , Texas
Send a message via AIM to Westfalia
The pedestal idea is interesting, but would require cutting a large hole in the floor if I wanted to flush mount the base. I couldn't find mind much about the couch area, including pictures. Is there a specific section of the blog that I missed?
Westfalia is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-15-2005, 07:38 PM   #6
Retired.

Currently Looking...
. , At Large
Quote:
The pedestal idea is interesting, but would require cutting a large hole in the floor if I wanted to flush mount the base. I couldn't find mind much about the couch area, including pictures. Is there a specific section of the blog that I missed?
No, that is what I was talking about. You wind up with seating for another 1-2 persons, as well as a wider bed when it is assembled for sleep.
While I am not wild about boring holes in the floor, it does open up other options than stock, and for not a ton of extra money or alteration.
Old 08-15-2005, 08:32 PM   #7
Rivet Master

2012 25' FB Eddie Bauer
Vintage Kin Owner
Virginia Beach , Virginia
CCD "Couch"

I was looking at my July Camping World on page 18 there are several folding tables, one 18 x 26 rectangular that could easily be used. Also two nice folding TV trays would be a possibility. And there's a very nice drop leaf table on page 27.

Who says the table has to be permanent? Take it outside to picnic, stow it away at the foot of the bed (works in my 22 footer), or use it to eat at a wrap around booth.

Tin Lizzie
Foiled Again is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
2004 international