Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 05-21-2004, 06:25 PM   #1
2 Rivet Member

Decorating Int'l CCD Interior

I had posted somewhere else here that i wanted to decorate my trailer in a Japanese style...much of that will come as it happens.

My question is how do i change the color of the interior overhead cabnets?
Marina is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-21-2004, 07:59 PM   #2
Rivet Master

That's easy.

The floor of each panel simply unscrews and lifts out. Or, you can just cover them with your favorite shelf liner and hide whatever color comes with your CCD when you get it.

Each of the side panels in the overheads are held in simply by two screws. On the 22' CCD, the galley overhead side panels hide wiring, solar hookup, stereo stuff, etc. Unscrew two screws and the panels lift right out for painting. The backs of the cabinets are aluminum - same as the walls of the trailer - no need to mess with those.

X
67caravel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-24-2004, 03:29 AM   #3
2 Rivet Member

Kewl !

Anything to be rid of that Orange color! The Yellow is nice for Yellows- hard to criticize, but either color is not my cup of tea...and not very exotic looking either.

Thanks!
Marina is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-30-2008, 05:55 PM   #4
Rivet Master

2005 22' International CCD
Buckhorn , Ontario
Hi Marina - I think the coating is like a heat baked melamine paint - so you would be good to use the same type a call to the Airstream service department and they would be able to tell you for sure.

What about a fabric or material other than paint. Or better still just go and have new pieces cut out of the billions of styles available for counters - durable scratch resistant, textures and all sorts of colours and combos available.

By the time you prep and paint and paint again when it gets all scratched you will have spent your money well on the replacement pieces.

Good luck - post picks of your end result - love to see a Japanese decor - interesting.
05ModPod is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-30-2008, 07:51 PM   #5
Rivet Master

2007 23' International CCD
Lapeer , Michigan
We tried laying a sheet of red shiny gift wrap foil as shelf liner and it picked up the color and reflected it well. Lots of papers on rolls this time of year to try different looks. Can't beat the price.

photography
wheel interested is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-30-2008, 10:27 PM   #6
Rivet Master

2006 19' Safari SE
Tucson , Arizona
Quote:
Originally Posted by Marina View Post
I had posted somewhere else here that i wanted to decorate my trailer in a Japanese style...much of that will come as it happens.

My question is how do i change the color of the interior overhead cabinets?
We would love to see what you come up with for your Japanese interior...we've been tossing around possibilities for an Asian theme for our AZBambi Décor offerings... There's lot of great fabric out there to help it happen...and even within a Japanese theme, there are different directions you could take... What size is your CCD?

Changing the color of the reflected light in the cabinets should be a snap...you can even cover the original cover with construction paper for foil gift wrap (as suggested) without much trouble.

Post come pictures where you get it going!
AirForums #21900
PastPrez, 4CU/WBCCI
TBRich is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-30-2008, 11:02 PM   #7
Rivet Master

1956 22' Flying Cloud
Venice , California
Quote:
Originally Posted by TBRich View Post
Post come pictures where you get it going!
don't hold your breath waiting for pictures. marina's last activity was 6.1.04, over 4 years ago.

i always wonder how these old threads get dug up

*by asking the above question,
i verify that i have already used
the search feature to the best of my ability...
urbanfood is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-01-2008, 12:07 AM   #8
Tramp Streamer
Commercial Member

1995 28' Excella
Artist , at Large
Question Crypt-Keeper

Quote:
Originally Posted by urbanfood View Post
don't hold your breath waiting for pictures. marina's last activity was 6.1.04, over 4 years ago.

Let's ask the crypt-keeper responsible for reanimating this 4 year old thread, Dr. GT1963

Well GT, how exactly did you stumble upon this moldy oldie, medical students will want to know

Michael
ArtStream is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-01-2008, 02:43 AM   #9
Rivet Master

2006 19' Safari SE
Tucson , Arizona
Quote:
Originally Posted by urbanfood View Post

Sheesh...thanks, Urban...I didn't notice that...well, let's hope the project was a success and the Japanese CCD is fully decked out and serving sushi by now! i
AirForums #21900
PastPrez, 4CU/WBCCI
TBRich is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
2004 international