Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Airstream Forums > Airstream Knowledgebase > Airstream Trailer Forums > International > 2002 - 2005 International
Click Here to Login
Register Vendors FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search Log in

Old 11-18-2004, 07:36 AM   #1
3 Rivet Member

2005 25' International CCD
Pope Valley , California
It's here! It's here!

Hey all,

My 25' CCD has arrived at the dealer from the factory. I am so excited to go pick it up. I'll have to wait another week or so because I decided to pull out all the stops and get the Hensley Arrow hitch, which hasn't been delivered yet.

This is very exciting. New truck, new airstream... lots of debt. I can hardly wait to take my first trip. I'm in the Napa Valley in California, where should I go?

I really want to thank all the airstreamers here, especially all those I met at the Laguna Seca rally, for their advice, support and encouragement. Let's get together again, so I can show off my new AS.
Hit'the'road is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-18-2004, 07:59 AM   #2
Cartoon Character

2004 34' Classic
On The Road , U.S.A.
Congratulations on your new International!

Since you are in Napa ... I am assuming your dealer is Toscanos????

Good choice on the Hensley. That 25 footer should fit nicely in one of those beautiful campgrounds in the Redwoods.

TrailerGypsies.com
WBCCI #3405 — Escapees #80360

I live the life I love and I love the life I live.
-- Willie Dixon
Porky Pig is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-18-2004, 08:13 AM   #3
Rivet Master

2002 27' Safari
Carmel-by-the-Sea , California
Send a message via AIM to Coastalview Send a message via Yahoo to Coastalview
Congradulations!

Nice combination you have selected. I'd agree about that new 25' looking great with redwood trees as a back drop.Drop Big Dee a message regarding our next rally.I'd like to see us meet at Snug Harbor in the delta region.In the mean time: Hit'the'road Jeff
Coastalview is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-18-2004, 08:51 AM   #4
3 Rivet Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Coastalview
Nice combination you have selected. I'd agree about that new 25' looking great with redwood trees as a back drop.Drop Big Dee a message regarding our next rally.I'd like to see us meet at Snug Harbor in the delta region.In the mean time: Hit'the'road Jeff
Wow! what a set-up. Congratulations!!!!!!

Hey Jeff, funny you mention the delta region. I'm heading there after I leave Oregon to meet up with my Pacific Grove friends for thanksgiving. Please feel free to PM me with some info about Snug Harbor as I'm looking for a place to stay.
1997 E350
nettepdx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-18-2004, 08:59 AM   #5
Rivet Master

1976 27' Overlander
Richmond , Virginia
Quadra Steer

Welcome to the forum! Would like to know how you like the Q-steer.
There are 3-5 of us out there that have q-steer.

abe
Hensley Hitch
vajeep is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-18-2004, 09:26 AM   #6
Rivet Master

2004 30' Classic
San Jose , California
Congratulations!!!

Yes, Abe, I have made another convert to Q-steer. I have to pat myself on the back. Another happy q-steer owner. Actually Cam, you do have the ultimate set-up and will be the envy of every campground. 25' CCD, Hensley, and Q-steer. Wow! What brake controller did you decide on?

NorCal Fall Rally, Jackson Rancheria, October 7-9 2011 Click here for more info

Come rally with us.
Big Dee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-18-2004, 04:08 PM   #7
Rivet Master

1993 30' Excella
whitewater , north of cheddar curtain
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hit'the'road

I'm in the Napa Valley in California, where should I go?

i hear its nice in omaha this time of year........ have fun with your new rig!
norby

The only true nobility is found through giving good food to your friends- Anton Careme

beauty is in the eye of the beerholder-cosmo fishhawk

if something is too good to be true, its usually gone before i get there-mister boffo
norbert is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-18-2004, 04:17 PM   #8
Rivet Master

1995 30' Limited
Ashland , Missouri
You're in Napa Valley and you ask US where to go? I think you're there! (Just kidding.) Congrats on your whole set up. Sounds great! Get ready for lots of lookers and tour seekers
Chev Silverado 2500HD Duramax/Allison, 4X4, Crew Cab
WBCCI #5013 AIR #2908
WDCU
Go, Mizzou...Tigers on the prowl!
maxandgeorgia is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-18-2004, 05:45 PM   #9
Rivet Master

1967 24' Tradewind
Alameda , California
Send a message via AIM to pinkflamingoes Send a message via Yahoo to pinkflamingoes
I saw the title of this post and scrolled down to the first entry, knowing it would be you! woo hoo!

Isn't kind of awful waiting? I banged my head on our keyboard until I had key marks on my forehead I got so anxious, and we can't even use ours. CONGRATULATIONS!!

You know you're close enough for Jeff and I to come out and admire, let us know if and when you go somewhere where we can visit for the day if you want company and someone to jump up and down with, or we can come to your house if that's not too forward...I just am so excited for you.

Hee hee!

I painted our hitch today! I'll post about it.

Life is good! Screw the debt, go for it you can't take it with you so buy an airstream!

ingrid
1967 24' Tradewind #19104 ~ Forums #4449
pinkflamingoes is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-18-2004, 05:49 PM   #10
Rivet Master

1967 24' Tradewind
Alameda , California
Send a message via AIM to pinkflamingoes Send a message via Yahoo to pinkflamingoes
Snug Harbor, close to me too... we stay at Vieira's Resort every year because of the cabins but from what I can see, Snug Harbor is a better choice for trailers. We'd hotel it again and show up!

ingrid
1967 24' Tradewind #19104 ~ Forums #4449
pinkflamingoes is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-18-2004, 10:04 PM   #11
3 Rivet Member

Pope Valley , California
I love the enthusiasm and support of this forum.

Let's see if I can answer some of the questions listed above.

I am getting the CCD from Toscanos in Los Banos. It's about 3 hours from here. So in reality my first trip will be getting home. I'm hoping I can get down there to pick it up, some time after the hitch comes, maybe the weekend after Thanksgiving. I'd like to spend a night somewhere close like Casa de Fruta so I can play with all the stuff and really make sure it's all working and I know how to work it. If any thing isn't right it would be just a short trip back to Toscanos the next day. Then the trip home.

I really like the Quadrasteer. It's fun driving a truck that turns like my Volvo did. I just wish the mileage was a little better. I just watched the West Wing, Tivoed from last night. They were ranting against those that drive gas guzzling vehicle. I was feeling a little guilty about the truck. (Yes, I do where birkenstocks).

Which brake controller? Oh no, not another decision about what is best. I'm not sure I can handle the stress. Actually I just asked the Chevy dealer to install a brake controller and he did. It's a Draw-Tite Activator II. Please, somebody tell me that that was a great choice. My first trips in the AS will have to be just to relaxe to recuperate from all the decision making around this purchase.

Once I figure out where I'm going on my first trip, I'll let you know so you can all drop by.

Aren't I supposed to break a bottle of champagne over the hitch or something to christen her? We could pretend to break the bottle and just drink the champagne. Who wants to join me?
Old 11-18-2004, 10:33 PM   #12
Rivet Master

1959 26' Overlander
Putnam , Connecticut
Quote:
Originally Posted by Big Dee
Yes, Abe, I have made another convert to Q-steer. I have to pat myself on the back. Another happy q-steer owner. Actually Cam, you do have the ultimate set-up and will be the envy of every campground. 25' CCD, Hensley, and Q-steer. Wow! What brake controller did you decide on?
How's that 6L pulling the 7200lb or more trailer over the mountains out there?
By the charts you are on the edge.
Over59 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-19-2004, 12:52 AM   #13
Rivet Master

2004 30' Classic
San Jose , California
Quote:
Originally Posted by Over59
How's that 6L pulling the 7200lb or more trailer over the mountains out there?
By the charts you are on the edge.
Fully loaded with tanks full and all, I am at 90% of GCVWR. But I travel with tanks empty, even water. I tested the rig hard last summer, particularly on Grant's Pass on I5 in Oregon. The 6.0 perfromed magnificently, running up the mountains passing other RVs. And thank god for the HD disk brakes for the ride down. The final test is this summer over the Eisenhower Tunnel.

Come rally with us.
Old 11-19-2004, 01:16 AM   #14
Rivet Master

2004 30' Classic
San Jose , California
Quote:
Which brake controller? Oh no, not another decision about what is best. I'm not sure I can handle the stress. Actually I just asked the Chevy dealer to install a brake controller and he did. It's a Draw-Tite Activator II. Please, somebody tell me that that was a great choice. My first trips in the AS will have to be just to relaxe to recuperate from all the decision making around this purchase.
Cam, Cam, Cam....why didn't you consult the all-knowing forum???? Brake controllers are very, very important. I would say from reading the forum, that the top three brake controllers are: the Jordan, Brakesmart and Prodigy. They are night and day difference between them and all the rest. Start right, get Toscano to install one of the above.

Come rally with us.
Old 11-19-2004, 06:32 AM   #15
4 Rivet Member

2001 30' Excella
Bedford , New Hampshire
Quote:
I'd like to spend a night somewhere close like Casa de Fruta so I can play with all the stuff...
Oh! MY!

Our trip to the west last summer included a stop at Casa de Fruta. What a gem, an oasis in the desert. My GI track hasn't been the same since what with all that dried fruit, nuts and other epicurian delights. If we ever go back to California, a stop a Casa de Fruta is definately on the list.

Good luck with your new rig and happy Airstreaming.

Mark
Old 11-19-2004, 06:50 AM   #16
Cartoon Character

2004 34' Classic
On The Road , U.S.A.
Quote:
I'd like to spend a night somewhere close like Casa de Fruta so I can play with all the stuff and really make sure it's all working and I know how to work it. If any thing isn't right it would be just a short trip back to Toscanos the next day.
Good plan ... that's exactly what we did. Turns out we had a problem with the toilet holding water .... being a newbie ... and not knowing what to do ... we took it back the next morning ... they had it fixed in a jiffy.

TrailerGypsies.com
WBCCI #3405 — Escapees #80360

I live the life I love and I love the life I live.
-- Willie Dixon
Porky Pig is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-19-2004, 07:09 AM   #17
Pet Sitter Extraordinaire

1989 33' Land Yacht
Chattanooga , Tennessee
Christening

"Aren't I supposed to break a bottle of champagne over the hitch or something to christen her? We could pretend to break the bottle and just drink the champagne. Who wants to join me?"

Post when you plan to christen her and we can all join you from our own parts of the world! Congratulations. I know you can't wait to get her!
kposey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-19-2004, 08:38 AM   #18

2004 30' Classic Slideout
Fenton , Missouri
Send a message via AIM to jcanavera Send a message via Skype™ to jcanavera
Quote:
Originally Posted by kposey
"Aren't I supposed to break a bottle of champagne over the hitch or something to christen her? We could pretend to break the bottle and just drink the champagne. Who wants to join me?"

Post when you plan to christen her and we can all join you from our own parts of the world! Congratulations. I know you can't wait to get her!
Our dealer encourages an overnight on one of his full hookup sites on delivery day. As we loaded our things in the trailer that day we opend our turned on fridge and found a bottle of champagne awaiting us. Pretty classy I thought!

Jack
AIR #56 S/OS#15
'04 Classic 30' S.O.,'03 GMC Savana 2500
jcanavera is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-24-2004, 02:28 PM   #19
Rivet Master

2019 27' Tommy Bahama
Roseville , California
Send a message via AIM to warbler5
Talking Congrats...wanna celebrate?

Congrats on the arrival of your new Airstream!!!! We met you at Laguna Seca, which was our "maiden voyage" with our new baby. If you decide you need to take a local overnight week-end trip with the CCD prior to the trip in April, and you want some company, let us know....we aren't too far away (I know....I used to commute daily between Sacramento and Yountville). We would love to help you celebrate! Anyone else wanna join?

Dee & Paul

AIR #6287
TAC #CA-26
WBCCI #3933/4CU
Old 11-24-2004, 06:53 PM   #20
3 Rivet Member

Pope Valley , California
Talking I'm picking her up on Friday!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by warbler5
Congrats on the arrival of your new Airstream!!!! We met you at Laguna Seca, which was our "maiden voyage" with our new baby. If you decide you need to take a local overnight week-end trip with the CCD prior to the trip in April, and you want some company, let us know....we aren't too far away (I know....I used to commute daily between Sacramento and Yountville). We would love to help you celebrate! Anyone else wanna join?

Dee & Paul
Thanks Dee and Paul,

I'm picking her up on Friday the day after Thanksgiving. I'll be staying at the Casa de Fruta RV park near Hollister Friday Evening. If anybody wants to drop by you're welcome to come celebrate with me. I'd love to see everybody. I'll be making the trip home on Saturday.

I'm so excited I can hardly stand it. I've had my crew cab packed with the first load of stuff to move into the coach for a week now. I've got a new brake controller, thanks to Big Dee's input and a whole slew of stuff from his recommended shopping list.

Maybe in a couple of weeks we should get together in the delta, I might know how to back up by then.

I'll try to get some pictures taken this weekend to post to the forum.