Old 10-13-2003, 05:27 PM   #1
4 Rivet Member

2004 16' International CCD
Arcata , California
Hey 16' CCD owners (and wannabes)

Check out my photo page to see some nice upgrades I've made. We found ourselves sliding off of the dinette cushions as they were too flat so we added an 8" wide by 1" thick foam piece to the bottom. Worked great. And a nice water saving quick shut off for the shower head. And of course some show off shots of our last trip. Jamie

Turtle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-13-2003, 07:00 PM   #2
3 Rivet Member

For the wannabes, check out this site:

http://adcache.rvtraderonline.com/3/6/4/58006664.htm

They have a sweet 16 with wrap around front AND REAR windows. I always wondered why the panoramic view is of the tail end of my tow vehicle, rather than out the back bedroom. I am not sure if this is a very new or a very old 2004. I wonder if it has a shower, as apparently they did not at some point in production. This also lists having an oven, and an optional HW heater. Curious. Anyway, you may have a collectors item with few produced.

frozen chosen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-13-2003, 08:00 PM   #3
4 Rivet Member

Arcata , California
Frozen, There is one more photo on the link that shows the bathroom and it indeed has a shower just like I have and so will you. The wraparound in the tail is cool. But it's really nice up front at the dinette as it give you a lot of viewing while sitting at the table. My wife is upset that we didn't get a rear wrap window but I try to convince her that it's better our way. It looks like you'd loose a bit of privacy in the bed area. How do you darken the curved part? She says I'm just rationalizing and maybe she's right but we don't have the rear wrap and that's that.

By the way, your pleading post on the other thread cracked me up. How could I leave you after that?

Jamie
Old 10-14-2003, 12:37 AM   #4
4 Rivet Member

It's hard to tell from the pictures, but I wonder if that rear center window opens or if it is just an escape window? Our 16' is still in the shop, but I don't think our center window looks like that one. Ours is more ovoid, not square. It opens and has the emg. escape, but I think it's different. I'll verify SOON I hope, when we get her back. L.
MaShep is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-14-2003, 12:39 AM   #5
4 Rivet Member

Thumbs up

Hey Jamie:
Thanks for posting the pictures. The shower idea is cool, first on my list of personal fixes. The cushion idea also looks good! Thanks, Linda
Old 10-14-2003, 02:11 AM   #6
1 Rivet Member

p.s. the RVTrader add says that Bambi 16' has an awning... certainly isn't in the pictures.
Shep is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-14-2003, 09:34 AM   #7
LEV ZEPPELIN

2004 19' International CCD
Chicago , Illinois
Jamie.

Hope you had a great time in Yellowstone. My wife and I certainly did, though it would have been a bit more comfortable in an AS. We lived for one month out of our VW Eurovan Weekender.

Here some pictures:

http://www.levinphotography.com/yellowstone/

Cheers.

Jonathan
Old 10-14-2003, 11:45 AM   #8
3 Rivet Member

Hey! I just heard from our dealer that our trailer is in. It apparently arrived w/o incident, and they will be prepping it this week. The interesting thing is, it has a zipdee awning (!?). I did not order this, although its not clear how the order left the dealership. Could it be standard now? It is not listed as optional, but neither is it listed as standard. When I called AS, it was simply not available, as it weighted too much, This is one crazy company.
Old 10-14-2003, 12:08 PM   #9
4 Rivet Member

We thought ours had an awning too, until we went to pick it up and discovered otherwise. I hope yours has one. We look forward to hearing about it... Will you pick it up sooooooon?
Old 10-14-2003, 12:29 PM   #10
3 Rivet Member

It must exist, as the dealer mentioned that it had a metal awning on it. I hope it is a standard feature, as I didn't order it but also would not want the dealer to pull it off and leave holes/scars at the attachments. I need to be in Portland the last of this month, so plan on picking it up then. The dealer (Taveland) seems very concientious and plans on a week to get it working. I plan on checking all systems, then winterizing it before I start up the Alcan.
Old 10-14-2003, 01:03 PM   #11
4 Rivet Member

Cool! I've been waiting for you to get your baby for a LONG time! Do you know if your getting the rear wrap around window? L.
Old 10-14-2003, 06:45 PM   #12
3 Rivet Member

Do you know if your getting the rear wrap around window?

Nope; From what little info I actually have, and AS's penchant for changes, I won't be suprised if the TT is green and equiped with optional deep fryer, tanning bed, and side scan sonar. I can only conlude the assembly folks decide what they feel like building any given day, then go to it; true artistes. At any rate I will be thrilled to get in it.
I do need a favor of you or Jamie; the hitch I'm getting depends on the height from the ground to the inside of the ball on the trialer arm; is this something you might measure and let me know? Thanks!
Old 10-14-2003, 09:27 PM   #13
4 Rivet Member

Arcata , California
Good to hear your trailer is in, Frozen. I don't have access to my trailer tonight but my owners manual (don't have the real one yet) says the hitch ball hight on a 19' Bambi is 17 1/4". The top of the ball as it extends from my bumper is 20 1/2". Maybe I need to get to the storage lot tomorrow and take a measurement.

I'll be interested to hear how your side scan sonar works out. I might be interested in one if will help me back up better. Tanning bed would be a waist. Haven't had a tan in over 20 years and no need for one now.

Jamie
Old 10-14-2003, 10:40 PM   #14
3 Rivet Member

Thanks Jamie; the AS website indictes the ball height on the 16 is 18inches, but as you know my confidence in the accuracy of AS website data is just under the projections for next year's Russian wheat harvest. I am trying to buy the Equal-i-zer hitch, which sounds like no. 1 or 2, depending on forum curmudgeons. Worse; the dealership does not carry the brand.

Tags
2003 international