Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Airstream Forums > Airstream Knowledgebase > Airstream Trailer Forums > International > 2002 - 2005 International
Click Here to Login
Register Vendors FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search Log in

Old 03-27-2009, 11:01 AM   #1
Rivet Master

2004 22' International CCD
Spotsylvania , Virginia
Flat Screen LCD TV in 22' CCD.

I recently installed an LCD TV in the rear of my 22' CCD above and in front of the desk. If anyone is interested in doing the same, I'll give you some info.

I had to get a steel structural member fabricated to hold the Peerless SA740P-S Articulating Arm. This gooseneck pedestal was manufactured by Pedestal CEO in Utah. See the attached link.

PedestalCEO® - Gooseneck, Security & Access Control Pedestals

Talk to Pike Goss at the # provided on the website and refer to my project and he can make the pedestal and split collar for you. This is sized only for the Peerless SA740P-S. Any other mounting arms will require redesign. Cost is approx. $240 + shipping.

You'll need two 3-1/2" #14 (1/4") machine screws, washers and 1/4" nuts to attach the Peerless arm and the collar halves to the pedestal. Use 1/4" x 1" Pan Head screws to fasten the pedestal to the floor and the back of the dinette over-head cabinet. The pedestal has two 4" x 4" welded plates for this.

This is a very sturdy mount and can support 22" to 40" flat screens. I'm using a 32". You can tightly secure your arm with a ratchet strap for transit.

I hope this helps anyone who wants a TV in another location of the 22' CCD, besides the wardrobe bulkhead.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	32 Insignia LCD DVD 6.jpg
Views:	161
Size:	230.0 KB
ID:	77507   Click image for larger version

Name:	32 Insignia LCD DVD 7.jpg
Views:	160
Size:	219.8 KB
ID:	77508  

Name:	32 Insignia LCD DVD 8.jpg
Views:	142
Size:	208.2 KB
ID:	77509   Click image for larger version

Name:	32 Insignia LCD DVD 2.jpg
Views:	163
Size:	317.0 KB
ID:	77510  

Name:	32 Insignia LCD DVD 3.jpg
Views:	157
Size:	304.0 KB
ID:	77511  
2004 22' CCD
1997 F-150
TAC VA-12
AIR# 4749
ex WBCCI# 1430
rseagle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-27-2009, 11:57 AM   #2
Rivet Master

2005 22' International CCD
Buckhorn , Ontario
Wow

That is pretty heavy duty - you must watch a heck of a lot of TV when you are camping.

Seriously I have been thinking lots about what I might do in our 22' I.

But I think the 24" i-Mac with the nice set of Bose Speakers and sub under the tables - fills this baby quite nicely. It doubles as the computer - work desk even though I do have the desk as well that doubles as my extended kitchen that holds the microwave and toaster oven.

With the screen turned to face the bed - you can watch TV just nice too - and the sound is much better than the sony speakers already installed. They are next to go - think I will be looking at a new stereo system perhaps.

But as for TV - I think I will get one of those boxes forgot the name - for Under 200 that allows you to link up to your HD system at home - so no TV fees or extra internet fees - I just need the free wifi and I am good to go - but for this trip out I have managed without TV - or if I want to watch a program then I will just go onto the web surf channels to pick up some shows here and there - when I want to watch them.

Name:	DSC_6091.jpg
Views:	151
Size:	100.6 KB
ID:	77520

But that is still a great set up you have.
05ModPod is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
2004 international