Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Airstream Forums > Airstream Knowledgebase > Airstream Trailer Forums > International > 2002 - 2005 International
Click Here to Login
Register Vendors FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search Log in

Old 10-05-2018, 09:10 PM   #1
Rivet Master

2005 22' International CCD
Buckhorn , Ontario
Calling out to current 02-05 22' CCD owners...

I'm just curious as it has been a long while.....

Are there any people here still active that have the 02 - 05 22' CCD International?

I'm about to get deep into doing some upgrades and repairs and would not mind seeing what things have been done. What issues you have had, and how you have repaired and or what items you have replaced.
05ModPod is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-06-2018, 05:41 AM   #2
3 Rivet Member

2003 22' International CCD
East Durham , New York
Ccd

Hello,

I have a 2003 CCD 22 ft. Had it since 2003. It's definitely had it's challenges, major leaking, floor replacement, frame reinforcement. Taken a while to get all the kinks out, it's not leaking anymore, floor is solid and everything works. I love this floor plan, best counter space for cooking, love the size (tow with a diesel Colorado). I used to have thoughts about trading and going bigger and newer but it doesn't seem worth it. Mine is paid off and as long as I take care of it I plan on keeping it a long time. There is a lot info out there about how bad the quality was for my model year and style and unfortunately many have had terrible experiences. If you plan on buying one make sure to inspect carefully!!!!

Let me know if you have any questions.

Good luck!!
bluvalley is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-06-2018, 09:00 PM   #3
Rivet Master

Buckhorn , Ontario
Hi Bluvalley.

I bought mine in 08 from a SilverSister here on the forums.

I hear you on the issues....

Yes stiffeners welded on mine. Have to do my annual frame check this week actually.

About to pull the vinyl flooring too - to replace - that lifted and puckered after the first winter up here coming from Virginia. Dreading, only know of one small soft spot near the water heater in the closet - so keeping my fingers crossed. I don't have the huge floor rot that people have.

Had the fridge out this summer for service - turned out to be the little burner thing? The floor was nice and solid under there. Does not seem to be soft anywhere but who knows.

She is a tough old gal, but keeps going for me. My power jack has had lots of issues, but keep replacing the micro switch , new power lead and a bit of repair to the cover too - over tighten it once.

Lots of little corrosion here and there too and the tail lights and door hinges are yuck - sprayed the tail lights last year and will do the door hinges this year.

Ripped my bumper in half almost - had that welded back - where I parked it at a resort - they let me in early spring - the ground was too soft (they said it was fine) so pulled in perfect to my deck, but when I pulled forward the wheels had sunk on the slabs. Caught on the corner of the deck. Did not take much to bend the bumper at all.

Some branch scratches each year that I buff out - but then this spring my luck ran out. My friends house where I live and park my trailer - is surrounded by White Pines - 100 footers. We had super high winds in the spring and one snapped, took out the power line to the house, tore half a cedar tree away and just clipped the front of my trailer - top curved panel and the next panel around the window. No seals were compromised and the window was not broken nor the front guard. Was lucky could have been a lot worse - no insurance UG! So to minimize the dent I will attempt to go from the inside out. I can think of better ways to spend $6K than to repair a dent LOL

I had taken the dinette out and built L-seating with the slide out bed - best upgrade for sure - way more room and really comfortable.

Now wanting to change out the two drop in tables and get one of those Laguna tables.

I also want to remove the oven and go with just the 2 burner cook top and pot food drawer.

I will post photos as I go probably - for now though I need to get some maintenance done - have to re-seal the roof, and replace an under belly panel and re-hang the propane line is a spot that has corroded.

I need to make a corner for my fresh tank cover as it has rusted away. Waiting for the whole thing to rust before I buy a new one they wanted over $400.00 plus shipping. UG.

Oh and now I need a fridge vent cover as that flew off in New Brunswick somewhere.
Old 06-06-2019, 06:52 PM   #4
Rivet Master

Buckhorn , Ontario
Calling out to any 05 22' CCD Active Owners...

Finally have started the absolute dreaded job of all. Pulling the vinyl flooring.

Have just been so busy travelling - much better than being out of commission - stuck in the driveway for repairs.

Spent the afternoon unscrewing what seems like 100's of them little buggers. Desk removed, Side sliding couch - semi removed, front bed structure removed. Tomorrow I will get at the closet - I was hoping I did not have to do that - but I have something major going on under my water heater - wet!

Looks like I will have to pull the water heater and reseal and re-install. She is pretty old now and keeping up with the rusty parts and leaking bung hole - I might bite the bullet and get a new one - that way it is just one out and one in. My luck will do all that work in sealing and then it will die on me and have to be replaced.

So Floor rot situation - as many 22' 02-05 CCD's seem to have....

1. A one foot area directly behind the curb side bumper frame rail. Just a few inches of punk the rest is damp and still hard.

2. Both spots at the door corners are damp - and a bit of punk on one side only - a few inches only.

3. Curb side along the front side - slight damp - suspect awning rail and or mounts or Antenna - so all those will need pulling and resealing.

4. Front under window - wet but no dry root (yet) Suspect front window guard, maybe lights - or even the front fan vent. I did find a flaw in the actual fixed window that it was not sealed properly and a pin prick hole - that allows water ingress - minute but if that has been happening for 12 years then it explains. I thought I sealed it - but the floor is still wet after all the rain - so will be knocking off lots of different things on top - to get to the bottom of the leak.

5. Water Heater - may have to replace that piece of board all together but will not know until I yank it out.

So once she is all dry - I am thinking Dr. Rot - for any of the punk - which is only a few inches/round spots - I consider myself really lucky.

When I was repairing my bathroom tap - I was able to have a detailed look at the floor and no wet in there. Nor along the street side wall. Once the desk was out I was able to check behind the shower wall on the floor with a flash light and no dark/wet evidence back there.

QUESTIONS:

1. Should I go with vinyl plank flooring or tackle a full sheet of vinyl? I am leaning towards the plank - as it will not buckle with the change in temperatures like this flooring has - and a lot easier to patch if any thing happens in the future.

2. I seem to have a dip in my floor leaning toward the curb side - suspect from when the Frame broke along with the outriggers dropping. No idea when it broke - suspect in 2009 when I blew a tire on the I95 for no apparent reason - the wheel well trim caught the tire - probably on the down flex during the break. The stiffness and outriders were welded on according to spec - so thinking it just might be a warp in the floor. 1/4 to 1/2 inch at door. How to I go about levelling off this in prep for the new flooring?

Thanks for any input or suggestions.....
Old 06-29-2022, 10:40 PM   #5
2 Rivet Member

2018 30' International
Port Angeles , Washington
Quote:
Originally Posted by 05ModPod View Post
I'm just curious as it has been a long while.....

Are there any people here still active that have the 02 - 05 22' CCD International?

I'm about to get deep into doing some upgrades and repairs and would not mind seeing what things have been done. What issues you have had, and how you have repaired and or what items you have replaced.
June 2022 I just brought home one of these, an '03, not knowing the history of the manufacturing flaws. After,removing some ugly additions someone had installed, I find a funky subfloor under the desk.. From the,look of the interior, someone had removed parts and put it back, together,without correcting the problem. I do not know an electrician so do not want to deal with that. Otherwise, I can attempt to take it carefully apart. So far, I have not found a place willing to call me back to schedule an appointment. Know anyone in Northwest Washington?
JECTJC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-30-2022, 07:09 AM   #6
2 Rivet Member

2018 30' International
Port Angeles , Washington
Quote:
Originally Posted by bluvalley View Post
Hello,

I have a 2003 CCD 22 ft. Had it since 2003. It's definitely had it's challenges, major leaking, floor replacement, frame reinforcement. Taken a while to get all the kinks out, it's not leaking anymore, floor is solid and everything works. I love this floor plan, best counter space for cooking, love the size (tow with a diesel Colorado). I used to have thoughts about trading and going bigger and newer but it doesn't seem worth it. Mine is paid off and as long as I take care of it I plan on keeping it a long time. There is a lot info out there about how bad the quality was for my model year and style and unfortunately many have had terrible experiences. If you plan on buying one make sure to inspect carefully!!!!

Let me know if you have any questions.

Good luck!!
June 2022. Just in case you get this, I foolishly did not inspect carefully when buying a 2003 CCD 22.
new widow. Dumb decision. I hope to do some demo prep myself, as I am unsure about how much damage is done. I removed,a,2 foot section of the flooring under the desk and found dark subfloor about 8 inches in, widening as it headed,toward the bath.
I found that this unit had been taken apart before, but the subfloor was not replaced.
I am,in Washington State, so hope to take it somewhere reliable. Too many repair ships, including the dealership, have questionable work quality.
Where to start.
Thanks.
J. Corbett
JECTJC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-30-2024, 06:29 AM   #7
4 Rivet Member

2004 22' International CCD
Beaumont , California
Hi!

Frame work and interior restoration:

https://www.airforums.com/forums/f36...rs-228570.html

We took ours to Death Valley and Juneau, Alaska…no problems. Still restoring the cabinets.
Ndcctrucks is offline   Reply With Quote