Old 08-23-2008, 05:51 PM   #15
Commercial Member

2014 23' FB International
Currently Looking...
Wilton , California
Send a message via Yahoo to Airslide
Well.. thats good info. The flooring would have looked great all the way up to the couch but as i look at the pictures again i do like the contrast in the flooring with the carpet towards the front of the coach separating the kitchen from the forward area. Great job.

Vinnie

https://www.facebook.com/VinniesNort...ir?ref=tn_tnmn
Airslide is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-30-2008, 12:18 AM   #16
Commercial Member

Currently Looking...
Wilton , California
Does the S/O drive motor sense if there is too much drag on the slide while operating outwards and stop supply voltage to the motor? Im wondering because when i operate the slide it only moves about an inch and then stops and when i hit the switch again it repeats the same cycle about 3 or 4 times until it starts moving normally and extends outwards to the stop. Coming in its fine. The slide appears to line up fine from the outside and it looks good and even when it comes into rest. This unit was in dealer inventory for several years and used by the owner (not sure how kind they were to it.) I know when i picked up the trailer the slide was open and the jacks were not down. Should i open a new topic on this issue? anyone have any thoughts?

Thanks Vinnie

Old 08-30-2008, 06:36 PM   #17

2004 30' Classic Slideout
Fenton , Missouri
Send a message via AIM to jcanavera Send a message via Skype™ to jcanavera
Quote:
Originally Posted by vlamica View Post
Does the S/O drive motor sense if there is too much drag on the slide while operating outwards and stop supply voltage to the motor? Im wondering because when i operate the slide it only moves about an inch and then stops and when i hit the switch again it repeats the same cycle about 3 or 4 times until it starts moving normally and extends outwards to the stop. Coming in its fine. The slide appears to line up fine from the outside and it looks good and even when it comes into rest. This unit was in dealer inventory for several years and used by the owner (not sure how kind they were to it.) I know when i picked up the trailer the slide was open and the jacks were not down. Should i open a new topic on this issue? anyone have any thoughts?

Thanks Vinnie
Vinnie, I've not encountered that issue before but if it is happening consistantly my gut feeling is that you might be correct that some type of drag is going on. Obviously the dealer should have put the jacks down before extending the slide. Maybe some lube is in order. I remember my manual said something about lube. I've never done it though but our trailer isn't out a lot and it's stored in a nice dry inside environment.

Jack
AIR #56
'04 Classic 30' S.O.,'03 GMC Savana 2500,'14 Honda CTX 700
jcanavera is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-30-2008, 09:31 PM   #18
Commercial Member

Currently Looking...
Wilton , California
Thanks Jack,
I see that there is a panel down under the slide area under the trailer. I think I will take that down and see how it all works. Maybe I can have someone operate it while i see it slide. If it appears to bind i will spray something on it to see if that makes a change in the operation. If it does then maybe there is a better grease to correct it longer. I hope that there isnt a big problem due to the twisting of the coach as the jacks were not down. I hope i hope. As I dig into things I see that there will be hours and hours of fun correcting things that need attention. My wife wasnt a big fan of this purchase but she will warm up to it. I have to be really quiet about all the problems and just fix them secretly (ha ha) otherwise i will take a lot of heat.
Airstream is in my blood now. I will keep you updated

Vinnie