Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 04-22-2004, 05:29 PM   #21
Retired Moderator

1992 29' Excella
madison , Wisconsin
Quote:
Originally Posted by jaco
John I am guessing that the pix are all of RickStream. And you are holding the camera I thought. But then it came to me that the pictures were too still for a photographer who lives the "High Life".
Have you seen the commercial that pits Miller as Pres of Beers up against Bud as King of Beers? Odd to me they mention Miller Lite and Miller Draft but not a word about High Life. Sometimes folks just forget the ancestors.

Now to task here: I appreciate the photo documentary. I was also surprised to find another 74 Excella 500 owner in RickStream. Only 5 1/2 that I know of and only 3 on this forum. (The 1/2 isn't sure of his year )
Apparently Rick doesn't post much.

Can you or Rick be specific on the tape you used (stock#) The two you did not use are shown but the user is unwrapaped and unidentifiable.

Any idea of the actual part number of the slide on mullion covers (between the windows) ?

What was the J channel above the window for?
TIA
jaco
jaco,

now your questions in order:

no there is one pic of the back of my head!

have not seen that beer ad!

rick is a man of few words! unless ya get a couple of beers in him!

the tape, we bought it by the foot hence no packaging. it is just 3 m auto body trim tape. common item at any auto parts store, sorry no number!

i will ask for the mullion number.

the j channel is a rain gutter.

john
Old 04-22-2004, 08:23 PM   #22
2 Rivet Member

1974 31' Excella 500
, Wisconsin
Smile

The automotive tape JohnHD spoke of is a "3M" product. It is a double-coated tape with acrylic adhesive on a viscoelastic foam core. It is used to attach exterior trim components on automobiles. This tape comes in all width and does not have just one part number. Any automotive parts store or an automotive body shop will have this stuff. It made 3M rich again. Excellent product, I recommend this stuff for many projects, cost $1.50 per foot at the 3/4 inch width.

The original Airstream # for the window tape is a 365001. This has no relation to the 3M number.

The "Splice Bars" that go between the quarter windows and the front window has an Airstream number, I think this is correct, #1018-00. They are a one use item and you will need two per front window project.

Rickstream
RickStream is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-06-2004, 01:53 PM   #23
Rivet Master

John,

Did you ever get those pictures of the letters, and if so I would like to see them.
I am re-doing my letters on the front and if you have a close up of any of your letters I would appreciate it being posted, or you can shoot it to me in an email.
bigjgarr@hotmail.com
I just want to see what the letter looks like with the rivet in it because I don't actually have to remove mine, but am thinking about it so I can polish that area and then replace them.
I'd like to know if you sealed around the letter as well with something like Parbond?

John G
System: Jordon 2020 Ultima Brake Controller
Hook-Up: Equalizing Hitch and Sway Bar
JohnG is offline   Reply With Quote

« - | Top | Excella 500 Genset »