Old 04-07-2012, 08:49 AM   #43
4 Rivet Member
1999 34' Excella
NE Central , Kansas
7 months of fulltiming = 7 months of updating

I've been in my AS for 7 months (less a short tirp abroad), and have done lots of 'updating'. Everything is Par for the Course, considering the AlumaCave is going on 13 years old now. I've had to concentrate on plumbing and heating, as well as skylights. Next up is replacing the fantastic fan dome.
I'm thankful that my AS has lived most if not all of it's life in Arizona and New Mexico, as that means the floor is still in good condition (less rain; less leaks). To keep it that way, I'll be scraping and sealing all the seams in the coming months. While I'm on the roof, I also intend to replace the stack/vent caps, knowing they will probably fall apart if touched. The exterior is way overdue for routine maintenance. The sun in the SW eats plastic, so every exterior piece of plastic will get replaced. What am I missing?
The running gear appears to be in good shape, with the exception of the tires. The tires are original equipment. I'm going to have to budget for those! I also know I need to close off gaps around the battery boxes, and figure out how to insulate around the city water inlet/box. I can see daylight coming from under the battery boxes when I look under the this on purpose for ventilation?

In the signature line is a link to my photos. They don't show everything (kitchen faucet and toilet replacements are not pictured), but they do capture a bit. depending on finances, the goucho and dinette will be getting re-covered, and perhaps the flooring will be updated soon as well.
If anyone thinks of something to check that I haven't listed, feel free to chime in! - Philip

AIR 57698, TAC NM-9.
PhilipKS is offline   Reply With Quote