Old 06-08-2004, 11:51 AM   #1
3 Rivet Member

Currently Looking...
bay city , Michigan
finally got it my new wrecked 2000 34' Excella

wow, might i just say truth in advertising certainly has its degrees.

any how the PO tore the half of the interior apart and was nice enough to place it all in one big pile in the back stateroom. who has good interior pictures of one of these units. i would like to pick through the pile and label every thing in can.

this is going to be one big project. i am testing the systems right now just to make sure things work. if there is any more major damage i might just have to part this baby out. don't want to i love my old stream but the new one is well just so new. those fantastic vents are fantastic.

there is a Vent / Light in the front of the TT does anyone know how to turn the fan off on this vent it is always running and i can not find a switch for it. have not removed the light cover just yet.

thanks everyone. i will be needing everyone to make this go off without a hitch.

i am just off of I-75 in michigan right by the Zilwaukee bridge if any of you guys heading to Mackinaw next month want to drop in and give me some advice or just tell me i am crazy let me know.

Old 06-08-2004, 03:35 PM   #2
a.k.a. Ambassador Tim

1960 28' Ambassador
Northern , California
Quote:
Originally Posted by FireFighter

thanks everyone. i will be needing everyone to make this go off without a hitch.
Not sure how much I can help, but if you try and make your new trailer go off without a hitch your definately in for some trouble!

Check out my book: Restoring a Dream
Check out my Airstream book for kids!: Airstream Adventures
theVAP - Airstream Podcast
Safari Tim is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-08-2004, 04:03 PM   #3
Rivet Master

1966 22' Safari
Armada , Michigan
Thumbs up

Quote:
Originally Posted by FireFighter
...i am just off of I-75 in michigan right by the Zilwaukee bridge if any of you guys heading to Mackinaw next month want to drop in and give me some advice or just tell me i am crazy let me know.
We're just south of I-69 halfway between Flint and Port Huron, though we just bought our first A/S two weeks ago. However, let me know if you need help with big jobs, and I can learn about these things if I need them in the future.

John
Old 06-30-2005, 01:51 AM   #4
3 Rivet Member

i am the new owner of firefighters 34 foot airstream excella!!
turns out he is a real cool guy.......when i got it there were 6 windows broken and 2 panels dented in at least a foot or so. the original owner[80 y/o] bought it and drove about 50 miles before tipping it over in a construction site.the insurance bought him a new unit.it was sold to someone in mo then it was bought by firefighter. i guess it was just too much for him to fix,i bought it and almost have it ready to travel,[at least one more month] all the ribs on r/s were broken,but i was able to fix all except 2. i bought 2 from airstream but was shocked when they arrived on my porch. they were sent in a little plastic wrap..also they had been cut and welded back together................also they have started using a thinner metal to make them with. i also have 2 segments on the way to replace the damaged segments....i did have the 2 all pounded out but it only looked good at about 50 feet..............i thank firefighter for the great deal!!!!!
Old 06-30-2005, 08:09 AM   #5
3 Rivet Member

Currently Looking...
bay city , Michigan
thanks tom

Tom, i hope you are having fun with this great A/S, I can't wait to see some pictures up here in your photo gallery.
Old 06-30-2005, 09:17 AM   #6
3 Rivet Member

a lot of fun!! just got a call from airstream,they are sending old style ribs to me free of charge,and i don't even need to send the old ones back..........i really dont understand why you sold it?
it hasen't been that hard to do the repairs. it won't be a show piece but it will be respectable when i'm done.
Old 07-15-2005, 12:05 PM   #7
3 Rivet Member

got the old style ribs, they are for a narrow body ,not a wide body.useless.also the first ribs were 3 inches too short but the right shape.