Old 12-13-2004, 03:41 PM   #1
newbie needs value of 1991 AIRSTREAM 34' Excella

I am new to airstreams and camping and have a chance to buy a very nice 1991 AIRSTREAM 34' Excella and was wondering what would be a good price.

also are their any inherent problems with this camper that I should be aware of

thanks for taking the time to help as I am sure I will have many more questions in the future

tombleds is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-13-2004, 04:41 PM   #2
Rivet Master
South Shore , Kentucky
Welcome to the Airstream world and the forums. You have come to the right place. You will find this site a wealth of information. The people here are very friendly and informative. I would say this is one of the best RV forums on the net!

Here is a very good place to check on the value of RV'S!

Visit our church on the web!

"A safe camper is a Happy Camper"

Bill & Donna

Air Forums Member # 2360
Silvertwinky is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-13-2004, 06:59 PM   #3
Rivet Master
2005 22' International CCD
Buckhorn , Ontario
Send a message via Skype™ to GT1963
Welcome Tombleds;

You could also try calling around a few dealers to get the book wholesale value which they all have - and then calculate the % markup for your area

For example we just got a wholesale value on a 99 34' Excella at $29,900.00 Canadian. Depending on the mark up dealers take should give you a good idea.

You do not necessarily have to check with an Airstream dealer either as most RV dealers have a value book on most makes and models.

Sometime value is personal preference as well and something to consider - opportunity with chance mixed with availability.

Good luck
Everything will be alright in the end. If it is not alright now, then it is not the end.
GT1963 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-13-2004, 08:16 PM   #4
Rivet Master
1988 25' Excella
Sunnyvale , California
Send a message via AIM to Condoluminum
It depends... (As Law Professor once said..)

The 34' trailers are not as expensive "per foot" as shorter trailers, due to challenges of having adequate tow vehicle and maneuvering room. Many were bought by full-timers or retirees and are sold when they are unable to use and eager to sell..

The 1991's were well built narrow-bodies, and issues might include Air Conditioning and Plumbing, plsu tired interior soft trim (Carpet/Upholstery/Drapes etc..) There are lots of posts here on how to address those..

NADA or other guides don't really reflect national market made up of series of local markets either.. In Florida or warm belt, there are more of them and prices often lower. In central or western US prices may be higher...

Having said that, a price in $ mid teens is worth pursuing, in my view, and from there plusses and minuses relate to condition and efforts and costs you'd need to put into making it something you would be very happy with... (For us, pink curtains and mini-blinds and upholstery with pink and ivory flowers needed improving when we bought an '89..).

Dealers would ask more, and private parties trying to sell to clear a space or settle an estate might ask less.. Good luck!

John McG

In Theory, there's no difference between Theory and Practice, but in Practice, there is usually a difference...
Condoluminum is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-13-2007, 03:46 PM   #5
1 Rivet Member
1990 34' Excella
Woodburn , Oregon
I just bought a very well cared for 1990 34' Excella 1000 for 15K.

Other than new batteries, it needed nothing. If you shop long enough, the deal for you will appear.

JHD is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-26-2008, 06:53 PM   #6
1987 34' Excella
newark , Delaware
i have searching this forum for posts on the 1990 motorhome. and have not found any post for the motorhome just the excella trailer. would you please send me post or threads. thanks.

rcmom6 is offline   Reply With Quote