Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 10-15-2016, 04:13 PM   #1

DeSoto , Texas
First stop on the road of trying to track down a trailer

If this is in the wrong forum please let me know.
Hello,

My name is William and I am trying to track down a trailer that my grandparents owned. My grandmother currently lives in an Airstream park in Hillsborough Texas. When she became unable to drive she sold her trailer. After talking with my grandmother about who she sold her trailer to, all she could remember was the gentleman's name. She told me that it was sold to a Mr Carl Reynolds who also lived in her park at the time. Unfortunately Mr Reynolds passed away and I haven't had any luck in contacting any of his remaining family. I have tried looking through old documents for the serial number of the trailer but I haven't had any luck. I am hoping that I can track down the trailer with the hopes of buying it back. My sisters and I have many fond memories of time spent with our grandparents while camping with them in the trailer. I am aware that the numbers on the outside of the trailer are registered to my grandmother and I am sure that they have been changed by now. As of right now the only information I have to go off of are the ID numbers 26728, that it was sold to the Reynolds family in Hillsborough Texas around 8 years ago and I believe that it is a 1991 Excella. Here are two pictures of the trailer.

Thank you in advance for any help that yall can give.
Will86 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-15-2016, 06:02 PM   #2
Rivet Master

1989 34.5' Airstream 345
Ebro , Fla Panhandle
A worthy quest, and a good place here to pursue it.
Welcome to airforums. Hopefully someone here can bring you leads.

You might post on airstream addicts of face book.

Your family story is very appealing and may bring help from there also.

Good luck with your search.

Cheers Richard
tevake is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-24-2016, 07:56 AM   #3
2 Rivet Member

1994 30' Excella
Kiefer , Oklahoma
The DMV should have some records of the VIN # when your grandparents owned the AS.

Sent from my iPhone using Airstream Forums
Floatingair is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-10-2016, 01:45 PM   #4

DeSoto , Texas
Thanks for the help. Sadly I am about to deploy and wont be able to work on this for a bit. I did find out that it was sold to another couple by the name of Prior and that they sold it but they do not know who they sold it to. Now all I have to go on is that the AS is potentially in South Texas.
Will86 is offline   Reply With Quote