Old 07-25-2005, 07:32 PM   #15
1992 25' Excella
tacoma , Washington
Charge on!

Tra-la! All it takes is a Discover card and a mechanic!
The univolt (original) was shot, had them put a wizard(?) and a new intelli-power in. Batteries were ok.

Had to put in a new hot water heater, turns out the spouse fried it when lit with no water in it... did I mention he was lit too?

Anyway, the new one can even run on electricity if I can figure out how to wire it up, right now runs on gas. Any suggestion about this?

The drip seemed to fix itself when the drain plug under the tank was threaded straight and spread with new plumber putty goop stuff.

Found a darling gentleman in Eugene who can fix the 'molting' clearcoat, and he seems to be an older airstream emplyyee way back, Dick McIntyre. If any one knows of his work I would be interested in your thoughts, good or bad.

Thanks for all the excella-ent help!

RevBec is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-01-2015, 12:34 AM   #16
2 Rivet Member
1993 30' Excella
Salida , Colorado
At times, we all do dumb things... it's part of being human. (But then there are those of us who really excel at this and they likely end up on American's Funniest Home Videos or some FAIL show). Luckily, the rest of us find humor in this. But the forum is a great place to read what others have done and, hopefully, pick up a few useful tips.

I serve as a volunteer firefighter and some of our vehicles sit for long periods. Because of this, we install battery disconnects on every vehicle. Yet, in spite of our best efforts, we will occasionally have to put a battery charger on a vehicle before we can get it started (and we are constantly checking for this). This is especially true in colder weather. Also, if we place a brand new battery on the concrete floor and fail to install it in one of our vehicles within 24-48 hours, we find that the battery is dead and needs to be recharged. Apparently, having the battery sit on the cold floor drains it immediately. Check your batteries regularly.

And for what it's worth: I knew my batteries were toast when I purchased my TT from the PO. Yet, in spite of this, everything works perfectly when connected to shore power. (I admit, I had some trouble at first - I could not located my converter switch as it was located behind the curtain and I did not see it!) If I leave my TT plugged in, it will charge the batteries for a bit even though they are old and worn out. At least I am able to use the batteries long enough to permit me to unhitch my rig. Thankfully, my As is currently undergoing a complete service and I will be replacing the batteries this week. I also changed all of the light bulbs in my TT to LEDs and this has greatly extended my battery life. Although a bit pricey, LEDs use 90% less juice and burn 95% less hot than standard bulbs - plus they last a lot longer. You might consider this for your TT.

MtnCamper07 is offline   Reply With Quote