Old 11-18-2011, 01:50 PM   #57
Rivet Master

1992 29' Excella
1987 32' Excella
Morrilton , Arkansas
Hi everyone!

We've been down in Florida the last few days. In Navarre, Florida, there is an interesting AS at an RV sales outlet called RV brokers. They said its a consignment.

We would like to contact the owner of that AS. Does anyone know who it belongs to?? No wally numbers. I don't want to say too much, but I am interested.

The salesman there is NOT helpful & I don't even want to refer friends until I can talk to the owner.

Its the only AS on the lot. Who owns it? We need to talk!!!

"Besides, I'm a gypsy at heart
and I like to travel around."
Reba McEntire

LawChick is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-15-2012, 09:58 PM   #58
Rivet Master

1992 29' Excella
1987 32' Excella
Morrilton , Arkansas
Esmerelda

Esmerelda is hanging out at Sarasota Lakes RV Resort. We've been here since Feb. 1, and plan to stay at least until March 1. I wish Mr. S was here. We had to have a new brake drum and the dang thing is grabbing again! Wonder why Airstream Dealers (at least a lot of them) seem incapable of adjusting brakes properly. Mr. S and Frenchy had them perfect at the Texas Piney Woods Rally, but then, alas, we had to have the bearings repacked....and no matter what you have done, it seems, they can mess up something else! Grrrrrrrrr Sometimes I just wanna' tell people, "If you can't do all, or at least most, of the maintenance work on your AS yourself, don't buy one!! Just frustrated. I know there are lots of good dealers with good techs. It just seems..... Guess we'll have to go to Jackson Center like we did to get shocks, etc.

Anyway, we're in Florida again, and guess what? The Florida State WBCCI is having their state rally just down on Fruitville (we're off University), so we'll get to visit and hopefully make lots of new Airstream friends! I can't wait to see some of the trailers at their vintage open house on Saturday.

I think there are more Airstreams over there already than were at Alumapalooza, and I thought that was a big, big rally! But, of course, it might have something to do with the fact it's so dang beautiful here - and the weather is perfect!

Reba McEntire

Old 02-15-2012, 10:24 PM   #59
Rivet Master

Currently Looking...
Currently Looking...
Newton , Texas
Quote:
Originally Posted by LawChick
Esmerelda is hanging out at Sarasota Lakes RV Resort. We've been here since Feb. 1, and plan to stay at least until March 1. I wish Mr. S was here. We had to have a new brake drum and the dang thing is grabbing again! Wonder why Airstream Dealers (at least a lot of them) seem incapable of adjusting brakes properly. Mr. S and Frenchy had them perfect at the Texas Piney Woods Rally, but then, alas, we had to have the bearings repacked....and no matter what you have done, it seems, they can mess up something else! Grrrrrrrrr Sometimes I just wanna' tell people, "If you can't do all, or at least most, of the maintenance work on your AS yourself, don't buy one!! Just frustrated. I know there are lots of good dealers with good techs. It just seems..... Guess we'll have to go to Jackson Center like we did to get shocks, etc.

Anyway, we're in Florida again, and guess what? The Florida State WBCCI is having their state rally just down on Fruitville (we're off University), so we'll get to visit and hopefully make lots of new Airstream friends! I can't wait to see some of the trailers at their vintage open house on Saturday.

I think there are more Airstreams over there already than were at Alumapalooza, and I thought that was a big, big rally! But, of course, it might have something to do with the fact it's so dang beautiful here - and the weather is perfect!
Glad to hear y'all are out and about having a good time with Esmerelda. I was wondering about you guys the other day.
Sorry to hear about your brakes, I'd have been glad to help you out if I was around. Mrs. S surely would love to go to Florida, but shes strapped down with nursing school. Doesn't look like we will get to do much camping this year. Hopefully it will get a little better for her in the Fall. She's doing really GREAT though!
Brakes are fairly simple to work on, I haven't had any dealings with a dealership but I would think they would take more pride in their work, especially if they want to call their self an "Airstream Tech".

Well I'm in Seoul, Korea heading to San Jose, CA to bring home (Texas) a truck and trailer for my Sister & Brother in law. What a favor huh?
I'll be close to the beach, just the wrong one you guys are on.
Y'all take care, We miss y'all!

Mr.S
Mr & Mrs S is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-15-2012, 10:36 PM   #60
Rivet Master

1992 29' Excella
1987 32' Excella
Morrilton , Arkansas
Miss ya'll, too, Joshua!

I was wondering what part of the world you might be in. Sorry ya'll won't get to camp much this year, but Mrs. S getting nursing school under her belt will be a really good thing. I'm glad she's doing well. I would expect she'd do well at anything she tried to do! You two are a wonderful couple.

As for the brakes, I really didn't want to have the bearings repacked, but it's a hard rule with us to do them. I KNEW they'd mess up your excellent brake adjustment. They're going to hear about it when we go back home.

Ethan's with us this trip, too. But not his little sister! And Lord help us, Teddy is along, too. Ethan's been having fun. He's been fishing in the gulf, swimming a LOT, going lots of places.

We're hoping to visit the Florida State Rallly several times. Kinda' looking for a second Airstream, maybe a little smaller.

We'll meet up with ya'll again before too long, I hope. But we understand the need for Mrs. S to finish her studies.

So good to hear from you, as always.

Reba McEntire

Tags
1992 excella, 29'