Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Airstream Forums > Airstream Knowledgebase > Airstream Trailer Forums > Excella > 1990 - 1993 Excella
Click Here to Login
Register Vendors FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search Log in

Old 04-27-2005, 01:53 AM   #1
Rivet Master

1992 34' Limited
Falls Church , Virginia
Baby's got new shoes! Bearings too!

Hello All!

What a day! Got Silver Toy to the local garage for 7 new tires, while your there check and repack all the bearings, oh and look over the brakes.

I was prepared for DISASTER of the highest order - Dust boots that didn't fit - nope, new tires that were made in 2002 - nope 38th week of 04, burned or fried barrings (1 or all 6!) - hope. All is well that ends well.

I have a new firm baseline that I can use with the tires, barrings and brakes. The breathing is coming easier now. The inside is also shaking out really well. Still on the cleaning phase and then we start loading her up for a Scout Campout in Mid-may.

Yes, life is good!

Axel
SilverToy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-27-2005, 02:19 AM   #2
Rivet Master

1984 29' Sovereign
Savannah , Missouri
Axel,
I, for one, am pleased to hear that things are looking up for you..
If I may ask..
For your service, did you go to the Airstream dealer in El Paso, TX.?
Reason for asking:
My '84 Sovereign was delivered originally by a Airstream dealer in El Paso.
I'm curious if they were still in business.
When I bought my Airstream from the PO, I had all the original tires replaced and the wheel bearing repacked at a local tire dealer. The tires were replaced with Toyo brand.
At that time, the total cost for 'everything' was just under 600$.(4 new tires, balance, and wheel bearings repacked.
Again, glad to hear that you're all set now.
Best wishes to you~
ciao
53FC
NEU #64
New England Unit
53flyingcloud is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-27-2005, 08:04 AM   #3
Rivet Master

Elgin , Texas
Quote:
Originally Posted by SilverToy
Hello All!

What a day! Got Silver Toy to the local garage for 7 new tires, while your there check and repack all the bearings, oh and look over the brakes.

I was prepared for DISASTER of the highest order - Dust boots that didn't fit - nope, new tires that were made in 2002 - nope 38th week of 04, burned or fried barrings (1 or all 6!) - hope. All is well that ends well.

I have a new firm baseline that I can use with the tires, barrings and brakes. The breathing is coming easier now. The inside is also shaking out really well. Still on the cleaning phase and then we start loading her up for a Scout Campout in Mid-may.

Yes, life is good!

Axel

OK, so like, make with the pictures already!

bake315 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-05-2005, 11:27 AM   #4
Rivet Master

1992 34' Limited
Falls Church , Virginia
Hello all -

Thanks for all the kind words re: Silver Toy. Being an AS owner is truly like joining a club, sort of like becoming a parent! There are plenty of folks that are helpful, willing to impart knowledge, point out the "DUH" mistakes and offer nothing but upbeat, positive and going forward assistance.

Nice to know that we are not alone out here. SO looking forward to getting her out and christened into the family.

Ciao

Axel
Old 05-27-2005, 12:46 AM   #5
Rivet Master

1992 34' Limited
Falls Church , Virginia
Arrow Not 1, but 2!

Hello all!

Said that SilverToY and family were going to be going on a shakeout test run. Well, we returned with 2 test runs, in 2 locations, done over 6 days and about a millions twists, changes in schedules, plain ol skipping things - we got it done and things went swimmingly!!!!!!!!!!!

Forgot the odd this and that but nothing major. We cooked! We used all the facilities that SilverToy offered but one(hot water heater-no time to test it before we left) but that didn't slow us down a bit......

Went from Campground A to Campground B with a stop for a coupla changes of clothes and off we went...... Really nice time there too. Got in more "Sorry" and cards games that I had ever had in my entire life. Actually got some reading done too........!

Put the kids in the two twins in the rear, mom and baby in the Dinette and me on the Lounge Couch. Ah, ASin is the life!!!!!! Got lots of OHs and AHs, and 'is that an Airstream?', "Can I get a tour?" Life really is different over on the ownership side isn't it????

All this was a tryout's for the dig trip coming at the end of June. Headed for South Haven Michigan from ALBQ. 1400+ miles driving with 3 kids. Planning for around 300 +/- miles a day - not much more. Wife will meet us when she flies into Chicago (work is holdin her back don't you know!) and joins the great SilverToy party! I say good - Dad and the kids time. And they BETTER listen too!!!!!!!LOL

Once I get the arrival and departure list a little better grooved, I'll feel a bit more relaxed with the trailer. Then there are still the 3 kids I have to come to terms with.....Never can win, huh? C'est la vie!

Ok, gotta run.

Ciao

Axel