Old 01-14-2015, 06:34 PM   #1
1 Rivet Member
1992 29' Excella
Mossyrock , Washington
92 Excella 29' - Monitor panel question

Have had a AS for less than a year and love it like you do. What a treat after waiting for so many years. Rear bedroom twin works pretty well for us.

So - the problem: Plugged it into shore power in the driveway for the winter and after awhile the AC power light on the monitor panel stopped lighting up. Coincidentally, two outlets have stopped working - others still working fine.

Does anyone feel comfortable talking about monitor panels?

Mossyrock is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-14-2015, 08:13 PM   #2
4 Rivet Member
1994 34' Excella
Warren , Manitoba
Check the breakers in the 110V breaker panel. Reset all of the breakers by turning on and off. Hope this helps. Chris

WBCCI #7394
2002 Chev 2500 HD Duramax
1976 31' Gone but fondly remembered
CBWELL is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-14-2015, 08:29 PM   #3

1992 29' Excella
Van By The River , Georgia
We have and Excella too - the same year, same length, same bed configuration. So when I saw your question... I thought to myself... hey why do they have an AC indicator on the range hood? We don't have that!

Well, we do have a red LED that is supposed to indicate AC power is connected. Our LED doesn't work. I guess it's been so long ago that it stopped working that I completely forgot it was there.

As mentioned above, reset all your breakers and see if the AC outlets work again. If not, you may have a bigger issue to tackle.

As far as the red LED indicator. Yes, it's convenient but you would benefit from knowing the AC voltage in addition to just knowing if AC is present. So, buy one of the relatively inexpensive voltage indicators and insert that into a convenient AC outlet. In addition to telling you the voltage you will also see an indication of the polarity and if the ground is properly connected. It's good to check the polarity and ground every time you connect at a new campsite.

Back to the LED. Remove the panel under the range hood to see if the LED can be replaced. I don't know if it's a single LED simply connected to a pair of wires (easy to replace) or if it's an LED on a circuit board (more difficult to replace). Either way, you can probably purchase an LED at Radio Shack.

Good Luck.
Lucius and Danielle
1992 29' Excella Classic
1996 GMC Suburban C2500 7.4L
2005 Chevrolet Suburban K2500 8.1L
Got a cooped-up feeling, gotta get out of town, got those Airstream campin' blues...
nvestysly is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-15-2015, 11:10 AM   #4
1 Rivet Member
1992 29' Excella
Mossyrock , Washington
Chris, Lucius and Danielle,

Thanks and the breakers are what I went after first. Have replaced GFI breaker with no change. Have tried changing to different outlets for power supply; different heavy duty extension cords bringing the power; have made multiple funny faces and offerings to various gods while flipping change.

I wish that when I was young I had a name like Lucius. I just know that when Danielle first talked to her friends about you she used the word Lucious!! Hey, by the way, that monitor display panel itself slides up and the bottom comes out toward you while you pull down a little and the top slides out. Or is it just the opposite?? Anyway, pretty simple.

Anyway...although all indications seem to be that batteries are OK, I will get them out and test them. Try to see if the convertor under the couch has a little sign that has popped up saying "here is your problem right here"...otherwise I haven't got a clue.

This 92, 29'er has just been a real treat so far and it seems that the early 90's were great years for these things. Thanks for your good thoughts.

Tim of Mossyrock
Mossyrock is offline   Reply With Quote