Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 07-13-2018, 08:50 AM   #21
2 Rivet Member

1973 25' Tradewind
Geneva , Florida
I have seen reports of the Shaw VP sold at Lowe's might have separation issues at the ends when exposed to very low temperatures. It says on the website that it is to be installed in a climate controlled environment. I ended up getting the Smart Core Ultra vinyl plank from Lowe's instead. It says it doesn't have the expansion/contraction issues and comes with a backing. I cut it with a skil saw. You need to get the laminate installation kit that has the tool to help bang the pieces together otherwise they don't lock very well.
Freebird73 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-13-2018, 06:44 PM   #22
Iron tepee #35

1993 34' Excella
andalusia , Illinois
I believe it was: Coreluxe
Engineered vinyl planking (EVP)
They will send a free sample if you see there web site.
I have renovated a few campers, and this is the only product I can recommend without reservation!
Best of luck on your project.
mikeoxlong is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-14-2018, 05:37 AM   #23
Iron tepee #35

1993 34' Excella
andalusia , Illinois
Yes, you will need the installation tool (a plastic block that fits into the click lock) or use scraps that you have cut. I use a rubber mallet to tap the planks into place and insure a tight lock.
mikeoxlong is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-14-2018, 07:49 AM   #24
Rivet Master

2019 27' Globetrotter
Missouri Valley , Iowa
I used a similar product from Home Depot. Traffic Master Allure. It's a vinyl click-lock as well. I put it in my '02 Classic 30' / slide. It has done well even after selling the trailer to friends. I also installed it in our park model in Florida. As mikeoxlong suggested I made an installation tool using a 10"-12" long 2x4 with a piece of scrap flooring screwed to the bottom. You hit this with a rubber mallet to get that last little gap closed up that makes the joint perfect.

Dan
Farmer Dan is offline   Reply With Quote