Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 07-27-2006, 09:54 PM   #1
3 Rivet Member

2005 31' Classic
Hughsonville , New York
Where is the TV Antenna Power Booster - 2005 Classic?

Does anyone know where is the TV Antenna Power Booster is supossed to be mounted in a Classic 31 Dinette?

T.I.A.
Old 07-27-2006, 10:03 PM   #2
More than one rivet loose

Currently Looking...
Los Alamos , New Mexico
Where is your primary tv located? It should be the box the tv antenna is pligged into. Mine has a little power switch.

Looking for a 1962 Flying Cloud

thecatsandi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-28-2006, 03:20 AM   #3
Rivet Master

1977 31' Sovereign
1963 26' Overlander
1989 34' Excella
Johnsburg , Illinois
Depending on the type of antena and the year, the type of "booster" may change and are not interchangeable. The Bat wing type antenna actually uses a power supply (mounted as part of the antenna jack in the wall) to supply a preamp mounted in the antenna. The older style rod type antennas actually have the preamp mounted to the back of the wall jack. Sometimes the people at camping world do not know which preamp/12 volt power supply goes with which antenna so you need to check for your self and bring your old one along if you are shopping.
dwightdi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-28-2006, 05:20 AM   #4
Rivet Master

2012 28' International
Currently Looking...
New Orleans , Louisiana
Quote:
Originally Posted by classic67
Does anyone know where is the TV Antenna Power Booster is supossed to be mounted in a Classic 31 Dinette?

T.I.A.
On my 2005 Safari it is located on the connector which is located under the dinette table on the side wall. I is a small button with a LED to indicate on and off. It is right next to the jumper connection.

Good Luck
Jim
1968 Globetrotter Sold
2011 F150 Ecoboost
Jim Clark is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-28-2006, 05:24 AM   #5
Rivet Master

2004 30' Classic Slideout
2021 33FB Classic
Colleyville , TX
Quote:
Originally Posted by thecatsandi
Where is your primary tv located? It should be the box the tv antenna is pligged into. Mine has a little power switch.
Dennis,
Mine is located adjacent to the antenna plug-in as well. At least the little black button that turns it on is in that location along with a green indicator light alerting you to the fact the booster is up and running. The acutal booster may be located elsewhere. Have you found it yet?
Old 07-28-2006, 08:11 AM   #6
Contributing Member

2018 Interstate Grand Tour Ext
Austin (Hays County) , Texas
Quote:
Originally Posted by ZoominC6
Dennis,
Mine is located adjacent to the antenna plug-in as well. At least the little black button that turns it on is in that location along with a green indicator light alerting you to the fact the booster is up and running. The acutal booster may be located elsewhere. Have you found it yet?
Technically, the booster is in the batwing antenna itself. The power for the booster comes from the wall jack where the coax to the main TV plugs. The little pushbutton switch does 2 things. When the light is on, the booster in the antenna is powered. When the light is off, the antenna is disabled and the external coax that brings cable into the trailer is enabled.

Whenever you connect to campground cable, make sure the green light is off.
WBCCI #9632
Pahaska is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-28-2006, 08:19 AM   #7
Rivet Master

2006 28' Safari SE
Currently Looking...
Colorado Springs , Colorado
Under the dinette table in our trailers

In the 04 CCD and the new Safari it is under the dinette table (on the wall of course...) on the 12V outlet.
-Ken
Old 07-29-2006, 06:47 AM   #8
3 Rivet Member

2005 31' Classic
Hughsonville , New York
Thanks for all of the replies. During delivery, the service tech found that our power booster was missing from the trailer. There was a hole cut out for one, but the hole was then covered. He said that the factory probably forgot to install it. Then he said since our unit didn't have a LCD TV in it, that maybe we weren't suppsoe to have one in the first place (?), yet the other trailers on the lot I looked at that didn't have a TV did have the power boosters. We did get a 'We Owe' from the dealer and I will be bringing it back for them to install it. We're waiting because that they also had to order a new exterior handle and so we'll get all of the work done in one visit.

The possibilities are the factory did forget to install it, or that since our A/S was a 2005 leftover, that at some point someone 'borrowed' it for another trailer? Either way, I'm glad the dealer said they would take care of it. I just wanted to make sure that maybe it wasn't hidden in another part of trailer that we didn't see.
Old 07-29-2006, 07:46 AM   #9
Contributing Member

2018 Interstate Grand Tour Ext
Austin (Hays County) , Texas
Quote:
Originally Posted by classic67
The possibilities are the factory did forget to install it, or that since our A/S was a 2005 leftover, that at some point someone 'borrowed' it for another trailer? Either way, I'm glad the dealer said they would take care of it. I just wanted to make sure that maybe it wasn't hidden in another part of trailer that we didn't see.
That's interesting since they also forgot to install part of the TV system in my 2005.

On my current trailer, the outside cable connection did not connect with the TV plate. There should be a plate under the credenza that has a short coax jumper where you patch in a satellite receiver. On my current trailer, the plate was missing. They had never cut a hole in the inner skin and the two coax ends were behind the insulation, adhered to the outer skin. Jim Parrett at Airstream sent me the parts and I temporarily removed the credenza for access, cut the hole, dug out the wires, and hooked up the coax.
WBCCI #9632
Pahaska is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-29-2006, 07:58 AM   #10
3 Rivet Member

2005 31' Classic
Hughsonville , New York
Quote:
Originally Posted by Pahaska
That's interesting since they also forgot to install part of the TV system in my 2005.
Thanks for sharing that. I'll be sure to have everything checked since it seems there may have been some gaps in the install.

Tags
2005 classic