Old 04-01-2009, 05:09 PM   #15
Rivet Master
2005 30' Classic
Burlington , Ontario
Originally Posted by Wingeezer View Post
We just got home yesterday from a 7 week trip from home (near Toronto) to points west, including Yuma, Palm Springs, San Diego, Las Vegas, Tucson, Bisbee, and Branson, a little over 7000 miles.

This was the first trip with our newly acquired 05 Classic 30, with 2500HD diesel and Hensley and it was a first class experience. I felt as though I could not have had a better towing experience & already looking forward to our next trip.

Naturally, with a used trailer, we had a few niggling problems, but thankfully nothing we could not resolve en route.

Two things had me wondering though.......

etc etc etc.

Cheers .......... Brian M.

Thanks to all for the very helpful replies.

It sounds as though there is nothing wrong with my plumbing system/waste tanks, just not a very practical design from AS.

As mentioned, it won't really be a problem for us as we are not likely to do much, if any, boondocking, and usually have sewer hookups wherever we stop. It would have been nice to have a bit more gray water tank capacity though, as I know a lot of State/Provincial parks have only elec. and sometimes water, but no drain connection.

The tip to use a bowl in the sink and dump some gray water into the toilet seems a good idea to help out.

As for the door latch problem, it seems again that I am not alone! Doesn't sound likely I can do much adjustment, so I will experiment with applying them only lightly to see if that helps as several have suggested. I did know from experience with other trailers that you were not supposed to attempt to level the trailer with them, but I still perhaps apply them more firmly than I really need to.

Thanks again for your help/suggestions.

Brian & Connie Mitchell

2005 Classic 30'
Hensley Arrow / Centramatics
2008 GMC Sierra SLT 2500HD,4x4,Crew Cab, Diesel, Leer cap.
Wingeezer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-01-2009, 05:17 PM   #16
Rivet Master
2008 25' Safari FB SE
Grand Junction , Colorado
There are rolling things that you can drain the grey water into and pull to the dump station at public campgrounds and dump it that way. They seem expensive to me for a container with wheels and a handle, but I suppose someday I'll break down. They come in several sizes. That's the solution where you have water and electric, but no sewer. Otherwise you have to pull the trailer to the dump station, and then back to your site if you are staying longer.

Gene is offline   Reply With Quote

2005 classic