Old 05-23-2005, 11:17 PM   #15
Rivet Master

2014 Interstate Ext. Coach
Hays County , Texas
All done and tested

I sweated buckets today finishing the installation in 97 degree record-breaking heat. Everything works as advertised. I forgot the camera today, but I'll take some photos next time I go to the trailer.

I made one change in my earlier plans. The propane detector should be hot at all times so I first thought of using a "Y" of diodes to power it from whichever battery had the highest charge. Instead, I installed a SPDT toggle that allows me to choose which battery powers the detector or turn it temporarily off. The off option is just a by-product of a center-off SPDT switch I happened to have in the workshop.

I also wired in permanently the 750 watt inverter that stows under the couch end. I wired the inverter to the common of the battery switch and to the ground block which, thankfully, had one free hole.

WBCCI #9632
Pahaska is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-29-2005, 09:28 PM   #16
Rivet Master

2014 Interstate Ext. Coach
Hays County , Texas
Final wiring

Here is the final wiring layout. The toggle switch for the propane detector is to the right of the battery switch.

The #10 wire going off to the left is to the 750 watt inverter that I have permanantly wired in. It stows between the couch frame and the armrest and there is enough wire to pull it out on the floor and close the couch front when it is in use. I already used it to power my hand vacuum to clean up after the rewiring.

The blue crimp connectors that extend the #6 wires from the batteries are obvious here as well.

The wire curled in front of the converter is the new #6 wire that replaces two short wires and the original battery switch.

I used plenty of white plastic cable clamps to strain relieve the various connections.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	WiringDone.jpg
Views:	95
Size:	19.7 KB
ID:	12514  

WBCCI #9632
Pahaska is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
2003 classic