Old 10-02-2011, 02:38 PM   #15
Rivet Master
2006 22' International CCD
2007 Base Camp
Elk Valley , British Columbia
Originally Posted by Reganzo View Post

I got two roto chocks and I absolutely love them. They took the wobble out of the equation. Once I have leveled the trailer I put them in between the aft axle and the middle axel on each side. I use a padlock to slow down any would be thief. As they are made of a hardened rubber like material they go easy on the tires. My rule is first on last off...

Rotochoks essentially lock out your suspension travel by making the axles work against each other.

Friday is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-02-2011, 06:30 PM   #16
1 Rivet Member
2002 30' Classic S/O
Rapid City , South Dakota
Leveling and Wobbling

Again, thanks for all the posts and please understand, I don't use the jacks to level the coach. As Friday suggests, once they get a bit of a load on them, I give it one bit more. My pads are relatively hollow; going to check the webside Farmer Dan recommends and have ordered the X-chocks. I think I'll be squared away; again, thanks for all the posts!

jsamuel8 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-02-2011, 07:33 PM   #17
4 Rivet Member
2002 30' Classic S/O
1989 25' Excella
2014 Interstate Ext. Coach
Missouri Valley , Iowa
Just checked the Perfection Moulders website - there is no mention of wheel chocks. This was the case when ordering mine several years ago. Know the distance between tires at closest point and they can tell you the right size for application. Phone # is 615 859 1674. As mentioned in another post, there were similar chocks in the Airstream classifieds. I looked tonight and found none. A search of the AS site may turn up the provider of them.
Farmer Dan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-02-2011, 07:39 PM   #18
Rivet Master
2006 22' International CCD
2007 Base Camp
Elk Valley , British Columbia
Camping World online has a good sale on... 2 X-chocks for $80... the only option for me as I'm far away from retail RV stores. Goes from 1 3/8" to 10"... comes with a little ratchet wrench as well... lockable... Might have to get some for myself.
Friday is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-02-2011, 08:00 PM   #19
3 Rivet Member
2011 30' Classic
Kingwood , Texas
I have been very happy with my Roto Chocks. Easy to use and seem to make the trailer more stable.
2011 30' Classic
2015 Ford F250 4X4 Platinum
ProPride Hitch
extiger is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-02-2011, 10:02 PM   #20
Commercial Member

2014 23' FB International
1959 24' Tradewind
Santa Rosa , California
Send a message via Yahoo to Airslide
We also have a slideout. I bought one of those levels that mount just under the front window and above the tanks so you can see it while your backing up. I just back up until the ball is right in the center (may have to block one side of the wheels to achieve this) and lock the wheels together in place with the Xlocks. I lift off the hitch and pull the truck out. Lower the tongue to where it shows level. Lower my stabilizers onto the orange pads to where you just start hearing the motor begin to work abit. Then out with the slide and its a 9000 lb aluminum paper weight. No movement detectable. If you want to get really tricky you can now spend the time to adjust the entry door so it opens and closes perfectly every time the trailer is level.

Cheers.. Vinnie

2014 Intl 23' FB
1959 Tradewind 24'
2011 Dodge Dually Crew
Airslide is offline   Reply With Quote

2002 classic