Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 02-21-2004, 04:46 PM   #1
Rivet Master

2004 30' Classic
Field and Stream , PA & MT
2004 Classic Color Selection

We just placed an order to the factory through Turner RV for a new 30' Classic Ltd. That is, we have all the options picked, but we still don't have the interior fabric colors selected.

Andrea Davis in the Sales Dept at Jackson Center has been nice enough to mail me swatches of the different fabrics, and I have a couple days until I need to decide which color interior we'd like.

My problem is that neither my wife nor I have actually seen these fabrics installed in the 2004 models. And, as you might guess, my wife and I are having trouble agreeing!

Does anyone have photo's of their 2004 interiors (or units at a dealership or factory)? I've been trying searches of member's photos here, but without too much success.

Thanks, John
Old 02-21-2004, 06:04 PM   #2

2004 30' Classic Slideout
Fenton , Missouri
Send a message via AIM to jcanavera Send a message via Skype™ to jcanavera
I'm not sure if the Limited has different choices on colors. We chose the Sumatra color which is a green shade. I think there is a light beige color and the rusty brown which you can see on Airstream's web page.

I know our dealer had a color boards which had actual color swatches and fabrics. All of those variances from pillow cover colors, bed spread, valance, cushion, and carpet are on those boards.

We chose our color mainly to maintain a darker seat cushion color. I've seen too many units with light interiors only to see the dark spots where folks sit.

One other thought is to go back to the dealer and look at the Classic's he has on the lot. You should be able to get a good idea of what is available.

Jack
AIR #56 S/OS#15
'04 Classic 30' S.O.,'03 GMC Savana 2500
jcanavera is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-21-2004, 06:18 PM   #3
Rivet Master

2004 30' Classic
Jack -

Seems like either the Limited or the Slide Outs may have different colors available. Sumatra isn't one of the colors I have been give to select from, although that may be one that I'd have liked.

Our selections include Cashmere, Golden Touch, Willow, Spice Trader and Crystal Creek. The Willow is a kind of pale green among other colors.

I haven't actuallly been to Turner's because he's about 200 miles away, and he's also closed this coming week. He does have a 30' Slide in his inventory now, that I can see on his website, but I forgot if he told me what the interior color is, although it looks as if it might be your Sumatra color.
Old 02-22-2004, 07:39 AM   #4

Fenton , Missouri
If you go to his site. http://www.turnerrvcenter.com/stock.htm
click you will find a link to his color boards for the Classic trailers and you will see the Sumatra and other colors. (Although I don't think that is all of them). Problem is the picture doesn't really represent the colors well.

You do see that when you pick a color scheme, it has lots of variations dependent upon the location within the interior. The 2004 slide out he has is using the Sumatra color scheme. Click on the little camera icon to see the inside pictures. Only difference in mine is I have the leather couch.

Jack
AIR #56 S/OS#15
Old 02-22-2004, 08:22 AM   #5
Rivet Master

Lisle , Illinois
Here is a shot fo the inside of a 2004 Safari 28' with the slide out. Sorry for the shamless plug of my youngest, but the picture begged to be taken.
AIR#3788 TAC IL-10
No trailers...
till is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-22-2004, 08:24 AM   #6
Rivet Master

Lisle , Illinois
One more that gives you the view a little higher.
AIR#3788 TAC IL-10
No trailers...
Old 02-22-2004, 08:40 AM   #7

Fenton , Missouri
Here is a picture of the my slide out area in the Sumatra color.

Jack
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	pb220027(1).jpg
Views:	395
Size:	54.8 KB
ID:	4900  
AIR #56 S/OS#15
Old 02-22-2004, 08:42 AM   #8

Fenton , Missouri
Bedroom area.
Attached Thumbnails

Name:	pb220007(1).jpg
Views:	408
Size:	58.3 KB
ID:	4901  
AIR #56 S/OS#15
Old 02-22-2004, 08:44 AM   #9

Fenton , Missouri
Sofa area, note that slide out unit is not extended.
Attached Thumbnails

Name:	pb220003(1).jpg
Views:	443
Size:	52.1 KB
ID:	4902  
AIR #56 S/OS#15
Old 02-22-2004, 08:45 AM   #10
Rivet Master

2004 30' Classic
Jack -

Thanks again for the additional info. The funny thing about the link you provided to Turner's is that when I spoke with Jim Turner last week regarding the interior fabric selections he never mentioned these on his web site, and he was going to send me the actual fabric swatches, plus take some digital pics. Then again, maybe he knew this, because he told me something about he only had 2 of the 5 fabric selections that are available -- only 2 of the 4 shown on his web site are fabric options I've been given to select from.

Anyway, I now have the actual fabric swatches from Ms. Davis at Jackson Center, which solves the issue of digital photos that are might be out of focus.

It is nice, I think, that Turner's has attempted to provide these color selections on their web site -- I didn't realize this until you pointed it out, and I've spent the past several hours looking at practically every dealer's web site in N.A. tying to get a better idea of the different fabrics that are available. It would be nice if the factory would provide digital photos of this for people like me who find it impractical to make a personal visit to a dealer before ordering.
=======

Tedd -

Looks like someone really likes that new Airstream!

John
Old 02-22-2004, 08:51 AM   #11
Retired Moderator

1992 29' Excella
madison , Wisconsin
what no monkeys?

i had hoped some one will post the spice trader photos again.

gotta love them monkeys!

john

hey eric how 'bout it?
Old 02-22-2004, 08:56 AM   #12
Rivet Master

2004 30' Classic
Jack -

Thanks for the pictures. Yours are much clearer to see the colors than any of the dealers photos I've recently been seeing, except those from the NJ dealer's inventory.

I kind of like your Sumatra color. Now, I'll have to ask why they apparently don't offer it on the Ltd. option. Maybe they figure it doesn't match as well with the burgandy graphics on the exterior.

At this point, my wife seems to have a preference for the "Spice Trader" option. This has mostly greens and brown shades. One part of that option that my wife likes the best, and I don't much care for -- as if I REALLY have a choice -- is that one fabric has a monkey incorporated in the design. (Maybe the wife thinks this is appropriate for me!)

John
Old 02-22-2004, 09:14 AM   #13
Rivet Master

2004 30' Classic
John -

Were you implying that monkeying around would add some Spice to your life?

John
Attached Thumbnails

Name:	monkey.jpg
Views:	380
Size:	94.6 KB
ID:	4903  
Old 02-22-2004, 01:27 PM   #14
5 rivets, 1 loose screw

1966 20' Globetrotter
Saginaw County , Michigan
Another site for photos

COLONIAL AIRSTREAM has some nice photos of '04 trailers with various color schemes.

Rog
Rog0525 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-22-2004, 08:30 PM   #15
Rivet Master

Lisle , Illinois
Just to make things clear. That is not my trailer, it is one we spent some time in at the RV show. To see mine, just check my photo gallery. I have to say that the 25' safari we saw had more room than the 28' one that the picture was taken in at the show?!?!?!? I guess it is all in how you arrange the interior.
AIR#3788 TAC IL-10
No trailers...
Old 02-22-2004, 08:43 PM   #16
Aluminut

2004 25' Safari
. , Illinois
Re: what no monkeys?

Quote:
Originally posted by john hd
i had hoped some one will post the spice trader photos again.

gotta love them monkeys!

john

hey eric how 'bout it?
Hey I'm keeping my monkeys inside today.......

One suggestion that I sent to Airstream was to put the fabric pictures on the web. I too got the samples in the mail and I was very greatful for it, but I have to be honest here, the samples just don't do it justice. We both frowned when it came to Amarillo, but when we saw it in person, it was not bad at all. Of all of the fabrics, we liked Spice Trader best..... and when we saw it....in the new coach, it had exceeded what we had thought it would be like.....

Eric
Silvertwinkie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-05-2011, 05:10 PM   #17
1 Rivet Member

2004 34' Classic
Huntsville , Alabama
Quote:
Originally Posted by flyfisher View Post
Jack -

Thanks for the pictures. Yours are much clearer to see the colors than any of the dealers photos I've recently been seeing, except those from the NJ dealer's inventory.

I kind of like your Sumatra color. Now, I'll have to ask why they apparently don't offer it on the Ltd. option. Maybe they figure it doesn't match as well with the burgandy graphics on the exterior.

At this point, my wife seems to have a preference for the "Spice Trader" option. This has mostly greens and brown shades. One part of that option that my wife likes the best, and I don't much care for -- as if I REALLY have a choice -- is that one fabric has a monkey incorporated in the design. (Maybe the wife thinks this is appropriate for me!)

John
That is funny! We just bought a 2004 34 ft. Classic with the Monkey material. I wasn't sold on it, but it certainly fits my crazy bunch.
CarolineJ is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
2004 classic