Old 10-28-2003, 02:26 PM   #29
Rivet Master

2014 Interstate Ext. Coach
Hays County , Texas
Getting personalized

As an indication of how I feel about this trailer, I have mounted the ship's clock and barometer that was my 25th anniversary gift from IBM. Up to now, the pair has graced a shelf in my office.

The TV/DVD player combo came from Sam's a couple of months ago. Just a good size for the viewing distance of the couch. This TV has the most powerful tuner that I have ever encountered. From the storage yard, it pulls in at least twice the number of viewable channels that my old TV would pull in with the same antenna.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	clocks.jpg
Views:	501
Size:	14.6 KB
ID:	3602  

WBCCI #9632
Pahaska is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 10-28-2003, 02:32 PM   #30
Rivet Master

Hays County , Texas
Texas star

This is the 3rd trailer to be graced by this star. I found it rusting in a bin in the workroom of a place that does ornamental metal. Apparently, it was used as a template at some earlier time. When I admired it, the lady at the desk suggested a price of $2.

Five dots of industrial strength Velcro are used to mount it.
Attached Thumbnails

Name:	star.jpg
Views:	505
Size:	8.4 KB
ID:	3603  

WBCCI #9632
Old 10-28-2003, 02:46 PM   #31
Rivet Master

Hays County , Texas
A few personalizations

Under the sink is a very small waste container. While working on the trailer, it became obvious that it is too small and I put the flip-top container I bought for the old trailer in front of the wardrobe. It is so handy and completely out of the way there, that it is going to stay. In order to make room for the top to flip, I Vecroed a wood block to the back of the can for spacing and then Velcroed the block to the wall under the wardrobe door.

The bulky and totally impractical pillow shams and bedspread that came with the trailer were given to Goodwill this morning. In their place is a thin bedspread of a fabric called "micro-suede".

The mattress has a waterproof cover in case the vent above fails to close in a rainstorm. Over that is a "pillow-top" mattress pad that makes the overly-hard mattress very comfortable.
Attached Thumbnails

Name:	hall.jpg
Views:	501
Size:	13.1 KB
ID:	3604  
WBCCI #9632
Old 10-28-2003, 03:22 PM   #32
Rivet Master

I like the hand towel holder on the wall next to the sink. After two years of use, it occured to me last trip out that that is exactly what I need for my coach. Have not got one yet, though.

We put a small trash can next to the front door, in the space between the door and the couch. The 25' floor plan does not lend itself well to trash collection.

One of the things I really, really like about the floorplan is the relationship between the couch and the credenza for tv viewing. It is absolutely perfect for us.

Mark
Old 10-28-2003, 04:08 PM   #33
Rivet Master

Hays County , Texas
Quote:
Originally posted by j54mark
I like the hand towel holder on the wall next to the sink. After two years of use, it occured to me last trip out that that is exactly what I need for my coach. Have not got one yet, though.

Mark
The paper towel holder and dishtowel ring were the first two things I put in this trailer and the one before that. Absolute necessities, in my opinion.
WBCCI #9632
Old 10-28-2003, 04:17 PM   #34
Aluminut

2004 25' Safari
. , Illinois
Very nice John.... I like the coach very much!

Eric
Computers manufactured by companies such as IBM, Compaq and millions of others are by far the most popular with about 70 million machines in use worldwide. Macintosh fans note that cockroaches are far more numerous than humans and that numbers alone do not denote a higher life form. -NY Times 11/91
Silvertwinkie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-28-2003, 04:44 PM   #35
Rivet Master

Hays County , Texas
A few more things

I kept the little window shades that I had bought for the Fantastic Fans in the AS and installed them in the new trailer. On our first trip in the AS, the sun through the Fantastic fan in the bedroom hit my wife right in the face when we were trying to sleep in and I immediately bought the shades. I would recommend them highly; among other things, they keep the sun out of the interior while the trailer isn't being used.

One option that I have and like is a skylight in the lounge. That has a built-in shade. The skylight isn't available in the 2004 25-footers for some reason. It really brightens up the trailer on cloudy days.
WBCCI #9632
Old 10-28-2003, 06:40 PM   #36
4 Rivet Member

Efficient Computer List in Word

John wrote:

"I made rough sketches of all of the storage spaces in the trailer with rough dimensions and made a computer list of exactly what goes where. ...... and find that it really makes packing the new trailer efficient. It is very easy to move things around in Word until I am satisfied with the arrangement."

I was very interested in your Word doc and was wondering if you would be willing to share it. I would like to see how others place things in their units.

It also would help to remind me of things that I might not have thought of!!

TIA,
Steve
Old 10-28-2003, 06:55 PM   #37
Rivet Master

Hays County , Texas
Re: Efficient Computer List in Word

Quote:
Originally posted by Sav'h Steve
John wrote:

"I made rough sketches of all of the storage spaces in the trailer with rough dimensions and made a computer list of exactly what goes where. ...... and find that it really makes packing the new trailer efficient. It is very easy to move things around in Word until I am satisfied with the arrangement."

I was very interested in your Word doc and was wondering if you would be willing to share it. I would like to see how others place things in their units.

It also would help to remind me of things that I might not have thought of!!

TIA,
Steve
Alas, the day I picked up the trailer, I printed the document and erased it since I had no further need for it.

I simply used my word processor and made an outline consisting of all storage spaces, then filled in a numbered list of items to go in each space. As I went, I could change my mind by simply dragging an item to a different storage space. I have done thin for my last 2 trailers.

It really paid off since was able to stow things just as fast as I could carry them to the trailer. There were only a couple of things that didn't end up where the list specified.
WBCCI #9632
Old 10-28-2003, 07:13 PM   #38
Aluminut

2004 25' Safari
. , Illinois
Tisk, tisk, tisk....

John, you work for the same company that kept OS2 Warp alive and out years beyond it's time and you don't save a Word file?

Turn in you Big Blue pension card!

Eric
Computers manufactured by companies such as IBM, Compaq and millions of others are by far the most popular with about 70 million machines in use worldwide. Macintosh fans note that cockroaches are far more numerous than humans and that numbers alone do not denote a higher life form. -NY Times 11/91
Silvertwinkie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-28-2003, 08:41 PM   #39
Rivet Master

Hays County , Texas
Quote:
Originally posted by Silvertwinkie
Tisk, tisk, tisk....

John, you work for the same company that kept OS2 Warp alive and out years beyond it's time and you don't save a Word file?

Turn in you Big Blue pension card!

Eric
I'm a fan of keeping the disk as clean as humanly possible. If I don't think I'll ever look at it again, then out it goes.

Gotta keep that Big Blue card; it buys me Airstreams and the wherewithal to use them.
WBCCI #9632
Old 10-28-2003, 10:49 PM   #40
Rivet Master

Austin , Texas
Pahaska,

She's a beauty!! Looks like you are gradually getting it squared away. Must be nice to get a new one and the toughest thing is to figure out where to put the trashcan.

Another thing, You have a bellypan now, right?

And another thing, how much is that covered storage running ya?
Old 10-28-2003, 11:01 PM   #41
Rivet Master

Hays County , Texas
Quote:
Originally posted by Chas
Pahaska,

She's a beauty!! Looks like you are gradually getting it squared away. Must be nice to get a new one and the toughest thing is to figure out where to put the trashcan.

Another thing, You have a bellypan now, right?

And another thing, how much is that covered storage running ya?
Thanks.

Yes, it does have the belly pan though I really haven't looked under there yet except to find the drain points.

Covered storage is $90 a month vs $40 for open storage, but I think I may get some break on insurance. I'm still negotiating on that.
WBCCI #9632
Old 10-29-2003, 11:29 AM   #42
4 Rivet Member

2004 25' International CCD
Salem , Massachusetts
He's handsome! Congrats!

Quote:
I kept the little window shades that I had bought for the Fantastic Fans in the AS and installed them in the new trailer. On our first trip in the AS, the sun through the Fantastic fan in the bedroom hit my wife right in the face when we were trying to sleep in and I immediately bought the shades.
Same problem here!
Could you please post a pic of these?
It's part of our winter project. Curious to see your solution. Thanks

Tags
2003 classic