Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Airstream Forums > Airstream Knowledgebase > Airstream Trailer Forums > Sovereign > 1970 - 1973 Sovereign
Click Here to Login
Register Vendors FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search Log in

Old 11-16-2005, 03:49 PM   #61
Rivet Master

San Angelo , Texas
Thank you so much for your kind words...I truly feel blessed to have my family at home, as well as here on the board.

Frederic

2004 F-350 King Ranch

AIR # 8239
EX-WBCCI # 8371
StingrayL82 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-21-2005, 06:04 PM   #62
Rivet Master

1992 34' Limited
Falls Church , Virginia
A little of this and that....

Stingray -

Also read all the Sharri posts and found your families strength to be inspirational. My at the time 6 y/o son had Burkitts Lymphoma about 1 1/2 years ago - he is AOK now. So I sort of know the 'horror' of cancer and its treatment - sometimes the hardest part! Of course you and your family suffered the additional loss of your loved one. Very tough. Sorry.

On a slightly more positive note. The trailer look AWESOME. Never really could get into the older rigs since there was always that smell issue, etc... But your looks NEW! Naturally, I now have guilt over all the stuff that I should be doing to improve mine but haven't gotten to... Sigh.

Enjoy your rig as often as you can and remember that these camping trips are the times that your kids will never forget. I say that because I have a friend who lost his wife to a rare brain cancer, and after her death be took his 2 kids camping for about 6 weeks - all over the US. It naturally didn't diminish the loss, but it did cement that family bond that became all the more critical when it was just him that was parenting. The kids still talk about the trip, the daughter posted poster boards of trip photos at her wedding recently, even though the trip was about 8 years ago. Cement baby! Use it liberally! Can't have too much of it in my opinion.

Do also have a question which perhaps you ( or others) can answer. The flag holders that are in several of your rally photos - how do they mount? Thinking of getting a set for our rig but don't want to get into any big mounting jobs. Are the aluminum poles that offered with the mount needed? Seems like I could get them cheaper local - or?

Anyway, Stingray, you hang in there!

Ciao

Axel
SilverToy is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
sovereign